Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Reasons why avoiding relegation is better...

Spot on... :)

And as they say, the only way is up from here... and of course the biggest reason why avoiding relegation is better than winning the premiership ATM.... :D :D

LEEDS HAVEN'T AVOIDED RELEGATION... LEEDS ARE GOING DOWN!!!!.... :wave: :wave: :wave:

Ah, it makes me smile thinking about that... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Hull win 4 points, leeds win 6 points, we win 0. oh dear.

As unrealistic as those results sound, this is football, so that relief still hasn't come for me.

Very true... we're still not safe and Wortho's comments reflect that, I think today will be a big boost going into the Barnsley game that it going to be very tough IMHO, but with any luck we'll be able to secure our saftey next weekend.

Hull win 4 points, leeds win 6 points, we win 0. oh dear.

As unrealistic as those results sound, this is football, so that relief still hasn't come for me.

Oh dear - with comments like that I think I am becoming lactose intolerant :angry:

I wouldn't normally advocate any optimism before it's mathematically certain, however even I think that we'll be ok now. :dunno:

Ydays great result really takes the pressure off,BUT hopefully that can have a positive effect on the players as opposed to a neagative

I'd settle for us staying up by ONE POINT as long as the so-called MIGHTY LEEDS are RELEGATED(RACIST SCUMMY BAS**DS!!! :wave: :wave: :banana: :banana: :bounce: :bounce:

There's a right way and a wrong of looking at the situation.

The wrong way, as many have done on here, is to say Leeds and Hull need to win both their games and we need to lose both ours.

The right way is to imagine a situation where we lose next week, Leeds and Hull both win and suddenly we are looking at the chance of being overhauled on the final day, needing a result against a very decent Wolves team. It could go against us just as yesterday went for us.

This is why managers talk about taking each game one at a time. All those people were saying we were safe after the victory before Preston (Burnley was it?! seems like a lifetime ago) and if Johansson had connected with the ball slightly differently yesterday we would still be shitting it big time. I'm not celebrating til we're mathematically safe. These players are not suddenly brilliant footballers because of a battling performance and a half. Barnsley will be a very tough game.

Of course we might get a result next Saturday but if we start badly and hear of Leeds going in front against Ipswich and Hull getting something at Cardiff, a few people might wonder if they started celebrating too early.

Save it for when we're definitely safe. Great result yesterday. Now let's take the show on the road to Barnsley and keep it going.

Fez...You are 100% correct!

We all deserve a little celebration after ydays win..but as you put it...it aint all over yet,Football is a fuuny old game.

Lets ALL celebrate on the last game of the season when we will be 100% mathmatically safe! :appl::scarf:

The wrong way, as many have done on here, is to say Leeds and Hull need to win both their games and we need to lose both ours.

The right way is to imagine a situation where we lose next week, Leeds and Hull both win and suddenly we are looking at the chance of being overhauled on the final day, needing a result against a very decent Wolves team. It could go against us just as yesterday went for us.

This is why managers talk about taking each game one at a time. All those people were saying we were safe after the victory before Preston (Burnley was it?! seems like a lifetime ago) and if Johansson had connected with the ball slightly differently yesterday we would still be shitting it big time. I'm not celebrating til we're mathematically safe. These players are not suddenly brilliant footballers because of a battling performance and a half. Barnsley will be a very tough game.

Of course we might get a result next Saturday but if we start badly and hear of Leeds going in front against Ipswich and Hull getting something at Cardiff, a few people might wonder if they started celebrating too early.

Save it for when we're definitely safe. Great result yesterday. Now let's take the show on the road to Barnsley and keep it going.

:appl: Spot on. Both Hull and Leeds are playing teams with nothing to play for next week, so its quite realistic to think they will both win, and if we lose to Barnsley then we are back in the shit. We need to take the same mentality from yesterday into next week.

You're right, but all it takes is one of Hull or Leeds to lose and we are safe. We should not celebrate yet, because things dont always go according to plan in football, but its going to take a minor miracle really for us to go down even if Hull and Leeds both win (Leeds have Derby). But as i say, it aint over til its over.

I wouldn't normally advocate any optimism before it's mathematically certain, however even I think that we'll be ok now. :dunno:

I wasn't talking about you by the way, when I said about the singing lady getting onto the stage... :P:ph34r:

I wasn't talking about you by the way, when I said about the singing lady getting onto the stage... :P:ph34r:

That's ok. I wouldn't have done it without consulting my agent first.

That's ok. I wouldn't have done it without consulting my agent first.

I'm sure the teams playing Leeds will want to send them down as much as everyone else in the country, so they should put in that little bit of extra effort, OR, let Hull win a game. I'm in Leeds on Sunday so I'm hoping they'll lose this weekend so I can really savour the occasion, as I did last time when I went there (day after we beat Burnley away) to visit a mate at University and I said 'I hope dirty Leeds go down', I was in the lobby of a Leisure facility and the bloke behind reception had a go at me.

My weekend elation has turned to nagging anxiety today. Hull have two games against teams with nothing to play for, and Leeds have Ipswich at home and Derby away. i'd be amazed if Leeds win at Derby, but you never know.

The Club, the players and the fans must keep this new found intensity for the next five days at least. With our current crop of players there is an all to familiar temptation to take their collective feet of the proverbial pedal, and we simply aren't good enough to do this.

God I'll be glad when this damn awful season is done

Archived