Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Barnsley pre Match Small Talk & Invective & Shenanigans

From OS

Convoy!

Leicester City today confirmed that they had now sold over 3,000 tickets for Saturday's trip to Oakwell to face Barnsley.

The Foxes travel to South Yorkshire in need of just a point to virtually secure their place in the Championship next season.

And the Blue Army will be out in force for the game - with 14 Fox Travel coaches already filled for the trip up the M1.

A City spokesman said: "Ticket sales for the Barnsley game have been brisk to say the least.

"We have had a constant stream of fans visiting the Walkers Stadium ticket office since the doors re-opened on Monday morning, while the phone lines have also been extremely busy.

"We currently have around 2,000 tickets remaining on general sale from our initial allocation, with 1,000 extra tickets available from Barnsley if demand requires.

"We would strongly urge supporters to purchase their tickets for the game at the earliest possible opportunity to avoid disappointment."

Meanwhile, caretaker boss Nigel Worthington backed the fans to make the difference once again this weekend.

He added: "Those people that were at Preston, from minute one to 95, never stopped. They were tremendous.

"It picked up from last Tuesday night against Birmingham and I believe there are even more going to Barnsley.

"If we can go and perform and get a good result it will be all worthwhile."

Tickets for the game are priced at £20 Adults, £12 Seniors (60+), £12 Under 18's and £6.00 Under 11s if accompanied by a full paying adult.

Chairman Milan Mandaric agreed to lay on 12 free coaches for supporters for the game - and these were quickly snapped up by fans on Monday morning.

Supporters can now secure additional coach travel places with Fox Travel, priced at £12.50 for season ticket holders (£10.50 concessions), and £13.50 non-season ticket holders (£11.50 concessions).

The coaches will set off from the Walkers Stadium at noon on the day of the game.

Fans are reminded that the Away Travel Coffee shop at the 1884 Sports Bar at the stadium will be open from 10am.

From the Official Site...Barnsley is now an all ticket match:

And the club are now urging fans without tickets to make their purchases at the earliest possible opportunity ahead of the game.

A City spokesman said: "We currently have around 1,200 tickets remaining of our original allocation of 4,900

"Following police consultation, Barnsley have now advised us that supporters will not be able to purchase tickets on the day of the game from Oakwell"

"Fans can, however, secure their seats at the ticket office up until 10:30am on Friday morning ahead of the game.

"Supporters can also purchase their tickets for the game over the phone until this deadline, with tickets then made available for collection from Oakwell on Saturday."

From OS

Leicester City caretaker manager Nigel Worthington had the luxury of a clear treatment room at the Belvoir Drive training ground today (Thursday).

The Foxes go into Saturday's Championship clash against Barnsley knowing that a point will virtually assure their status in the division.

And Worthington was able to put his entire squad through their paces this morning in preparation for the trip to Oakwell.

He said: "I have been in football a long time, and what you often see at this time of the year, certainly in the position that Leicester City have been in, is treatment rooms full of genuine injuries and fake injuries. That is not the case here.

"The players have been first class. We work them hard, but they are enjoying it. There is a real want and desire to be involved here, which is great.

"They put everything in that they have got, and last week against Preston they got their reward from that. They have now got to go and repeat that."

But although the players were able to stretch their legs out on the pitches, a couple were still nursing knocks.

Worthington added: "Darren Kenton is making good progress from his hamstring injury.

"Paddy McCarthy has been training with us, although he is not available for selection yet.

"That is pretty much it at this moment in time. Everybody is out training, which is great news and good to see."

He's very usefull.

Was just having a look at his stats, doesnt look like he's been doing too badly at all, with any luck he will actually miss the game... for some reason i have more faith that we'll not throw the game away as we might have done in the past to a "lesser" ( :rolleyes: ) team. Still anoyed I cant get on Saturday :angry:

Mockery get it wrong again. shock.

However, they will be safe if Leeds or Hull fail to win their games against Ipswich and Cardiff respectively.

i'm fed up with the amount of people saying Hull have to win two to overtake us. They will jump us with four points if we loose two. Look at the fooking table for once.

As I've said somewhere else on this forum this week (I forget where - old age memory loss), I couldn't give two flying ****s what our result is tomorrow, just as long as Leeds do not win and Hull do not get beat. If this comes true, Leeds will pretty much be relegated and I am going streaking through Barnsley.

I think this is going to be a really tough match! Barnsley will be going for the win because of their goal diference, and maybe thinking this is their best chance of getting those 3 points!

Anyone thinking this game is going to be a draw, should think again....both teams want to guarantee championship football next season, and will be going to win, as a bookmaker i would be happy to lay the draw, and will be doing so on the exchanges!

Archived