Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Barnsley pre Match Small Talk & Invective & Shenanigans

I wouldn't say I was picking on Logan.

But over the course of the season Kisnorbo has proved himself time and again (while prone to the odd mistake, agreed) whereas Logan has come back in the side and from what I've read has been somewhat of a liability.

I'm well aware that not seeing the games first hand limits the weight of my argument but I rate Henderson more so than Logan and I don't really see why he should have been dropped.

Well he had been party to conceding 6 goals in two games, as for being dropped the same could have been said of Logan when he was dropped last time. But hey the juries out on both of them and opinion is pretty evenly split, as for me i don't mind either. :dunno:

Oddly enough, the Guardian had Stearman down as MoM. :dunno:

Logan

Stearman

NEJ

McAuley

Kisnorbo

Newton

Mattock

Wesolowski

Hughes

Hume

Horsfield

Substitutes: Fryatt, Henderson, Cadamarteri, King, Maybury

Jarrett has no right to return to the team, Hughes has been playing well. I feel that Fryatt is somewhat unfit and may do better as an impact striker like against Derby, and I feel that our attacks seem to stick better when Horsfield is on. I feel more confident that the presence of Horsfield will not see us return to hoofball under NW. I'd like to see King given a run out.

I've no idea if the Guardian had anyone at the game who could see as far as the pitch but from where I was watching there were only two contenders for MoM and two or three others just behind.

Wesolowski was a contender for his general control of midfield which allowed Preston so few chances and for his particular calmness second half in running and passing the ball out of tricky situations instead of resorting to a panicky hoof.

Secondly McAuley for his last ditch tackle from Kisnorbo's mishit back pass and second half block from Nugent - both of which probably prevented goals.

Stearman did well and was tireless in joining the attack but his slip might easily have cost us a goal and the game.

We should just stick with the same team that won in Preston. No one was that bad that he needs to dropped. Jason Jarrett shouldnt even feature in the squad, let alone the first team.

Got my tickets yesterday - free travel, cheers Milan!! :cool::D:worship:

I think Worthy should stick with the same team. Logan doesn't always fill me with confidence but there's potential there and he needs games to improve. Leaving him on the bench will do more harm than good.

I just hope they don't play for the draw on Saturday, I wanna see a cracking game. :D

We should just stick with the same team that won in Preston. No one was that bad that he needs to dropped. Jason Jarrett shouldnt even feature in the squad, let alone the first team.

So you expect a 16 year old with bruised ligaments to play eh?? Crazy! Porter should have recovered his energy and should do the job, and probably come back with vengeance. Jarrett won't feature don't worry with Hughes in team of the week and Weso being that crucial. Unless of course Weso is injured as Barber had said during the match.

I'm not sure if Tiatto can play at Barnsley but if he can, he should be involved if Weso is injured. He would give his all in the last two games with a European club.

So you expect a 16 year old with bruised ligaments to play eh?? Crazy! Porter should have recovered his energy and should do the job, and probably come back with vengeance. Jarrett won't feature don't worry with Hughes in team of the week and Weso being that crucial. Unless of course Weso is injured as Barber had said during the match.

I'm not sure if Tiatto can play at Barnsley but if he can, he should be involved if Weso is injured. He would give his all in the last two games with a European club.

I havent been up-to-date with the injuries etc. But obviously if thats the case, then he shouldnt play. If Weso isnt fit to play, then Tiatto would be the ideal replacement. And if Levi Porter is well, then he should feature too. But there is still some time for the injured player i.e. Weso to recover (if it isnt that bad)

You lot all make me laugh......I have seen so many include the awful Maybury int he last few weeks (questionable why as I wouldn't even play him in my Sunday team..................of girls). Now all of a sudden everyone has jumped on the band wagon and eliminated him from the starting X1 or even better the entire squad.

Why it has took 3 managers to do this god knows.

He will be hoofed back to Scotland just like everytime he gets the ball !!!!!!!

My understanding on Mattock was that his injury was not as bad as first thought and he is available for saturday, I therefore can't see how he will be left out!

I expect the same starting XI with a bench of

Henderson

Maybury

Horsfield

Cadamarteri

Porter (if fit)/ Hammond

Logan

Stearman

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Nisse

Newton

Weso

Hughes

Mattock

Hume

Fryatt

Subs: Henderson, Jarret, Horse, Maybury & Cadamateri

I doubt that Wortho will want to experiment too much, remember he is trying to win himself a new contract to manage City. Therefore I do not think he will look to blood any of the youth team who are not a better option than what he has already got. So he may well stick with the side he took to preston, Porter if fit will be back in and then a toss up between Hughes and Jarrett. McCarthy maybe on the last 20 minutes if he is fit.

If Wortho wants to experiment with the youth he will wait for the pre-season friendlies - if he gets the job. He has no other choice - imagine Hull and Leeds winning their last two games (i know it is unlikely but its a funny game) and we lose both and get relegated. If wortho has bought in the youngsters they will get the blame and he will be without a new contract. Simple to risky - stick with the winning formula. :dance::cheers::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf: HAPPY ST.GEORGES DAY :D

Logan makes two crucial saves, Wesolowski controls midfield, Stearman acts like an extra attacker and Mattock responds like a veteran and still this mentality persists that we are taking a risk using our young players.

The genuine contenders don't need reserve games or pre-season friendlies. Kelly went through that crap last season, people like Dodds did great and when the season came he still used the unfit Fryatt. Now that was a risk and so were a good few others and look where it left us.

There's no easy matches in the Championship so it's a waste of time waiting for one. You either think a lad is good enough or you don't and if it's the former then sometime you have to show some faith.

We can lose both games just as easily without youngsters as with em. Before Preston we lost 6 out of nine. There were a good many individual cock-ups and I don't remember youngsters making many of em.

The biggest risk in football is not playing your best players.

Our team's not going down - the crowd won't let them - but even if we did it wouldn't be any youngstes fault. We've lost 18 games this season and drawn 14 so far. That's 82 points we've squandered.

So it wouldn't be any youngster's fault, or Worthington's fault at this stage of the season. The fault would lie with what went before.

Porter, Logan, Stearman, Wesolowski, Mattock have all showed they can hold their own in Championship football and if you think Andy King or even Billy McKay are any worse than those lads or our present senior incumbents in their positions forget it. Striker Fryatt's scored four goals this season in a bottom of the table side and Horsfield's done even worse. McKay's scored loads in a title-winning team so his confidence is sky high..

Jarrett's scored none in 12 and probably not made more than one. King has scored lots and made lots, again in a title winning team that's slaughtered almost everyone.

All selections carry risk but I have no doubts at all about King or McKay being any bigger risk than anyone else. And certainly not a bigger risk than any of our options.

My understanding on Mattock was that his injury was not as bad as first thought and he is available for saturday, I therefore can't see how he will be left out!

I expect the same starting XI with a bench of

Henderson

Maybury

Horsfield

Cadamarteri

Porter (if fit)/ Hammond

The OS stated that ligaments are affected. That means he can play without any disability except pain because shoulder joint stability depends mostly on 4 muscles around it. The problem is if he gets another knock, he will have extensive pain and unnecessary suffering for a kid when there are other alternatives.e.g. Tiatto, Porter, Cada who can rest Mattock for a week.

Besides I think Mattock, Chambers, King, Gradel should be focused on winning against Arsenal and limit any injuries. That would bring some prestige on the academy and help in talent 'catchment'. The odd twenty minutes would do good to everyone.

You could have just put same as mine but with Jarrett (Is he related to 90's wrestler Jeff?) in for Porter!!

:)

Sorry, didn't notice it. :D

I really dont understand why anybody would still keep Logan in goal, fine he kept a cleansheet at Preston but for me hes too much of a liability. So ok hes a young keeper and will/should :rolleyes: improve the more he plays but in these late stages of the season we really need a keeper we can rely on.. hence Henderson. I can't understand why he was even dropped, he may not have kept many clean sheets this season but has everybody forgot the Aston villa game in the cup? Henderson's finest moment and if we could get that sort of proformence from him next season, i can see many clean sheets and fine saves in the future. Apart from that I agree Wortho will keep the same starting 11 and bench for barnsley, providin everybodies fit.

I really dont understand why anybody would still keep Logan in goal, fine he kept a cleansheet at Preston but for me hes too much of a liability. So ok hes a young keeper and will/should :rolleyes: improve the more he plays but in these late stages of the season we really need a keeper we can rely on.. hence Henderson. I can't understand why he was even dropped, he may not have kept many clean sheets this season but has everybody forgot the Aston villa game in the cup? Henderson's finest moment and if we could get that sort of proformence from him next season, i can see many clean sheets and fine saves in the future. Apart from that I agree Wortho will keep the same starting 11 and bench for barnsley, providin everybodies fit.

Logan didnt do too bad against Preston. In fact he did better than we expected. We expected him to cock it up big time. He had some nervy moments where there was lack of communication between him and the defenders. But lets not forget he did make 1 or 2 extremely good saves that kept us in the game. He sucked against Birmingham, but we saw an improved Logan against Preston.

If you think a manager is going to drop a goalkeeper who's just kept a clean sheet and made two vital saves in an unexpectd away win against near top-of-the-table opposition and who, furthermore, has helped almost certainly keep us in the Championship and his manager in contention for a full-time job, you are going to be disappointed.

As for being more reliable there is simply no evidence for that. Logan was an admirably reliable goalkeeper in his first spell and in his recent games has conceded fewer goals on average than Henderson did during his watch, which in the last couple of months was quite leaky.

I really think there's little to choose between them but there is no grounds whatsoever for calling Logan a liability any more than Henderson. In fact if you did examine the statistics I would suggest you'd find Henderson was the more prone to a gaff or two - but then he's played more games.

Has anyone forgotten Birmingham away ahere Logan was almost unbeatable? Henderson and Logan are about as good as each other, not much in it for me. Neither i'd have as first choice next season unless they improve, but as Logan is younger i'm glad he's getting a chance again as he does have age on his side to improve.

Henderson is decent at this level, but I think we could attract a better quality goalie here next season. He's shipped plenty of goals and before he was dropped you only have to look at the mistakes he made. Southend away he was suspect and Palace away, then he conceded a shit load of goals away at Stoke, Plymouth and at home to QPR. You can't say it wasn't coming, bearing in mind Logan got dropped earlier in the season for a similar thing.

Has anyone forgotten Birmingham away ahere Logan was almost unbeatable? Henderson and Logan are about as good as each other, not much in it for me. Neither i'd have as first choice next season unless they improve, but as Logan is younger i'm glad he's getting a chance again as he does have age on his side to improve.

Henderson is decent at this level, but I think we could attract a better quality goalie here next season. He's shipped plenty of goals and before he was dropped you only have to look at the mistakes he made. Southend away he was suspect and Palace away, then he conceded a shit load of goals away at Stoke, Plymouth and at home to QPR. You can't say it wasn't coming, bearing in mind Logan got dropped earlier in the season for a similar thing.

to be honest i think both keepers are adequate for this division. any money available should be spent on a LB, CM and a large CF.

Both goal keepers have serious issues, both are very easy to beat from distance by Championship standards, Paul Henderson’s positioning often lets him down and Logan’s footwork isn't good enough. This is why we've seen countless wonder goals put past us in the past two seasons. When was the last time you saw a opposition striker hit a stinging shot from 25 - 30 yards heading for any part of the top of the net that Henderson or Logan were equal to?

Henderson kicking is crap, there’s no secret there, he is over rated as a shot stopper and is often praised for the one he managed to keep out instead of being criticise the three that he could of kept out but didn't. He is also prone to the odd gaff and is quickly approaching his prime.

Logan can occasionally lack confidence and his communication skills aren't always the best and he sometimes doesn't come from the ball from crosses, but I think he's a better shot stopper than Henderson and he's is certainly off his line quicker when he does rush out/comes for the ball.

I would of liked to see Henderson go in January when the Villa apparently came sniffing, Logan is a able no.2 and will be a good goal keeper in the future, by goalkeeping standards he is incredible young. His weaknesses are things that can be worked on, and he has youth on his side. Things like footwork and communication and be coached easily if the coaches have managed to pick up on it, and things like coming for crosses will come with experience. Henderson on the other hand isn't going to change, and his weaknesses are more basic and habit based. I've always thought he was a League One keeper and he's is another one I wouldn't of minded having as a no.2, and wasn't to annoyed when he was bough as such but he is not a no.1 Championship goal keeper and thankfully Nigel Worthington has spotted that.

I thought Henderson's distribution had improved massively in just his last few games. It looked loads better than even in January or February. He's started kicking to the left-hand side of the pitch and making the occasional throw and everything!

I thought Henderson's distribution had improved massively in just his last few games. It looked loads better than even in January or February. He's started kicking to the left-hand side of the pitch and making the occasional throw and everything!

Yes but we've said things like that before on here and 2 weeks later he's back doing his impression of Johhny Wikinson going for touch.

Archived