Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trumpet

Xbox Live

Ive trawled thgrough the forum for hours (YEAH RIGHT) and im sorry to say folks, but i cant find the Xbox live thread. So i'll make a new one. It's mainly so people can share their tags with eachother, have a game or whatever.

My Live tag: Wet Trump

Ive trawled thgrough the forum for hours (YEAH RIGHT) and im sorry to say folks, but i cant find the Xbox live thread. So i'll make a new one. It's mainly so people can share their tags with eachother, have a game or whatever.

My Live tag: Wet Trump

Hard to find when the search option has been taken offline

Xbox Live details are at the end of mine signature :ph34r:

Just got a 360 and was wondering what I needed to get Live? I take it I'll need a router and a Ethernet cable?

If your Pc has a network card you can plug your Xbox into your PC using a ethernet cable and tell your computer to share the net connection, sorted.

Look in your instruction manuel, there are a few ways to do it.

If your Pc has a network card you can plug your Xbox into your PC using a ethernet cable and tell your computer to share the net connection, sorted.

Look in your instruction manuel, there are a few ways to do it.

Ah I see, I do have a network card so I could do that. Can I do that without a router?

That's what I followed, step by step. Can only think that the cable I used isn't Ethernet (but it fit perfectly).

I had to get a router mate,i thought mine could just plug in my PC but it wasnt allowing me to share the internet connection.If you need one you should get a cheap one of www.ebuyer.co.uk or Dabs.com.

I had to get a router mate,i thought mine could just plug in my PC but it wasnt allowing me to share the internet connection.If you need one you should get a cheap one of www.ebuyer.co.uk or Dabs.com.

Correct.

To go straight to PC you'd need a crossover cable, but I'm not even sure that would work in this situation.

Get a router, as already suggested - ebuyer.co.uk are good.

Correct.

To go straight to PC you'd need a crossover cable, but I'm not even sure that would work in this situation.

Get a router, as already suggested - ebuyer.co.uk are good.

Mines directly in the back of my pc :dunno:

I have the wireless connected in the usb, and the ethernet to the xbox in the network card at the back. The internet is set to be shared and jobs a good un. Oh and i use the ethernet which i got with the xbox.

I often get a "cant connect to live problem, would you like to test connection?". After testing the connection it works fine.

Mines directly in the back of my pc :dunno:

I have the wireless connected in the usb, and the ethernet to the xbox in the network card at the back. The internet is set to be shared and jobs a good un. Oh and i use the ethernet which i got with the xbox.

I often get a "cant connect to live problem, would you like to test connection?". After testing the connection it works fine.

I think its down to your internet service provider,Im with Virgin Media and i definatly needed a router,I tried plugging directly to the back of my pc and followed all the steps till i was finally told i required a router.

I think its down to your internet service provider,Im with Virgin Media and i definatly needed a router,I tried plugging directly to the back of my pc and followed all the steps till i was finally told i required a router.

Ohh, im with bt so all good. My mate has ntl and that caused him problems :blink: Although, turning off the modem and plugging the ethernet into the modem worked, providing the modem can be plugged into the pc via usb.

I have a wireless network set up at home which connects to my pc. I then plug the ethernet cable into the back of my pc and it works fine for me after many hours of trying to sort it out lol.

Most of the problems arise when your firewalls block the signals. If you have zonealarm make sure you turn it of when you try and connect to your xbox. :thumbup:

Archived