Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Barnsley Post Match

Yes but did you speak to them?! :P:D

No, but this prevented me from looking an idiot infront of them.

So in fear of these posts being deleted...

Weso put in a great performance today. Battled very well in the midfield and always found a City player with his passes.

Woodall services, in the mcdonalds bit.

awesome, thats a relief we was going to go to stop off somewhere but it wasn't there.

By the way if you havent read my earlier post i think i saw you ched/jme earlier was awesome.

I think i saw you lads on the way back to your car, i was the one who stook my head out of the window and shouted 'we all hate leeds.' What a day, great atmosphere, stood in the isle all game was great. Leicester songs were great, and the atmosphere was tops. Barnsley fans are a bunch of idiots though

The car journey getting out of Barnsley was brilliant :D

Me, ld3, Ched and JME were singing out the window causing craziness in Barnsley! Jamie even gave some random chav a beer :P

Where abouts?

when we was leaving the car park, i stook my head out the car window and shouted 'we all hate leeds their scum' which you lads carried on.

The game itself was obviously an end of season matchup. It wasn't out and out attack from both teams and it seemed as though they were just going through the motions really. The goal which we scored was absolutely priceless comedy. Their defender is a right plank!! Still, loved the day out, especially coming home through Barnsley and seeing Conrad Logan as well as Kasabian at the services, where we abused Leeds fans. :D

I was very impressed with our attitude yesterday, Barnsley played for the point but we played for all 3 and deservedly (just) got them. The 1st half was pretty poor but for long spells we were camped in their half like the home team should, trying to take the game to them. Second half we had to ride the barrage of pressure but at times we defended heroicly and Logan pulled off some important saves.

Saw some chavs splashing around in a fountain outside the leisure centre around 1.30. :whistle::P

Yeah I saw them as well. The usual twats that follow us to random away games - The one that wears the same fooking clothes to each game? :frusty::frusty:

Great day out and the best thing is a came back with more money than i started the day with! :dunno: :laugh: :cool::D

I think that's probably the first time this season that we've actually looked really dangerous every time we went forward. We've finally got some decent width thanks to Newton and Mattock (does anyone else find it scary how comfortable he looks in the first team :unsure: ) and, although he didn't have his best game, Matty Fryatt looked a lot fitter and caused their defence a few problems. Once again, defence was solid - McAuley is definitely getting my vote for player of the season.

Special mention for Weso, though, I thought he ran the midfield. :worship:

The game itself was obviously an end of season matchup. It wasn't out and out attack from both teams and it seemed as though they were just going through the motions really. The goal which we scored was absolutely priceless comedy. Their defender is a right plank!! Still, loved the day out, especially coming home through Barnsley and seeing Conrad Logan as well as Kasabian at the services, where we abused Leeds fans. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of Kasabian (the drummer?) a Leeds fan?

If so, he must have gone through hell yesterday! :D:D:D

Yes true. He did receive some stick to be fair. lol

No you're right! lol! I bet Saturday was absolutely miserable for him. Hull won, Leeds are about down and we were in the services celebrating and mocking Leeds fans. There was also an Ipswich fan stood next to us :laugh: ! Brilliant stuff :P

• 2 weeks later...

Reports in Holland claim that Barnsley have signed Sparta Rotterdam defender Marciano Bruma on a two-year deal.

The 23-year-old - who spent a spell on trial at Ipswich in December - has failed to win a place in the Sparta first team this season and has now clinched a move to England.

Bruma played 28 games for the Dutch side at right-back, but is now hoping to make a name for himself in the Championship after apparently sealing a move to Oakwell.

"At Barnsley I did not have to play a trial match," Bruma told Algemeen Dagblad.

"I have visited the home game against Leicester City and 25,000 amazing fans were in the stadium. The atmosphere was fantastic.

"I am seeing this as a step to more. Arjan de Zeeuw also played here and got a fantastic career in the Premiership.

"The Championship is however a very high level. I can become a better player here. I am very happy to play in the shirt of Barnsley."

After successfully avoiding relegation, Tykes boss Simon Davey has begun to shape his squad for next season and Hungarian forward Peter Rajczi could form part of his plans.

Rajczi has impressed since joining on loan from Ujpest FC in January and the player claims he is in line for a permanent contract at the Championship side.

However, the 26-year-old also aimed a dig at his Tykes team-mates after only managing to score one goal in his 15 appearances for the club.

"It's better to play football in England than in Hungary so I'd like to stay," Rajczi told Nemzeti Sport.

"My only problem is that my team-mates are unfortunately a bit selfish in front of goal so I got good passes quite rarely during the spring.

"Many players are going to be released by the club, but they wanted to extend my stay after our game versus Plymouth.

"I was told I would get a contract immediately. So far I don't know any news about my case, but I'm very optimistic that I'll really get it."

-------------

I hope he realises the only atmosphere in that ground came from the away end!

Archived