Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Barnsley Post Match

Just got back, superb day.

Support was fantastic from start to finish and not a bad performance from the lads either.

:D

was the support today as good as it was at the brum and the preston game

It was great indeed. Good atmosphere and a fantastic result.

Joe Mattock, Gareth McAuley, James Wesolowski all played magnificent. And so did Danny Cadamarteri when he came on.

When we scored it seemed like we went way to far back, and they could've scored on couple of occasions. At the other end, we also should've buried the game, we really should. Well, before the game I was happy with a draw. We won.

And plus, at times Barnsley played some good football I must say. They didnt just hoof it up to their front men.

He did last week against Preston to. Great to see,can tell he really cares.

A lot of the Youth players have a lot of passion for the club. If we went down their future would to.

Anyone that went to the game - Was Cadamateri's "goal" in?

Just got back, via pub.

No, didn't go in!

He should have bloody scored. I was just behind the goal and it wasn't in. Saying that he had a better chance but decided not to shoot? Newton as well.

Absolutely brilliant day, once again great support. Leeds are down as well!! Result, we're in business.

Brilliant.

Anyone that went to the game - Was Cadamateri's "goal" in?

No. Just about as close as it could be but an excellent save from my standpoint.

Good to see we're gradually fielding far more players who are happy to pass the ball on the floor and this is affecting our whole performance because, in keeping the ball better, we don't have to absorb anything like so much pressure.

We still have relapses, even little spells where we start hoisting the ball again but Wesolowski is starting to conduct what is a much improved orchestra with Newton, Mattock, the thankfully-returned McAuley and even the rejuvenated Stearman and Hughes starting to push and move confidently.

We're still a long way off the metaphoric Albert Hall standard but every journey starts with step one and for me the other bonuses were an excellent and skilled contribution from Cadamarteri, a player who seems to have some vision, the 20 minutes of passing and moving along the right flank which cut Barnsley to ribbons at times and should have produced at least one adn probably two goals. And, of course, there was another sound contribution from Mattock who is showing already that consistency rates high among his list of attributes.

Logan too deserves praise for a second clean sheet but if I was his boss I'd still have him out first thing Monday morning working on his distribution. Too often he simply gave possession away and if he'sgoing to overkick it should be into the far corners where at least we relieve pressure on ourselves instead of kicking straight into the opposing keper's hands.

Most important though is to think faster and throw the ball to team-mates who also need practise inmaking themselves available much more quickly.

Found this on a Tykes board, which made me laugh...

Cycling past Tankersley Manor - Leicester Bus still parked up - and a Leicester player was hiding in a bush!! Not sure if he was having a wee, or on his phone or what but he clocked me with my Reds shirt on, gave half a smile & looked v embarassed. Short cropped hair.

Their No7 - Vine? nt

He got corrected that it was Hume.. lol

Sadly no. Fabulous save from the keeper. Just at a time which would of killed the game of.

Was a good save. Weso and Mattock were my best two players today, so much fight and passion, with the ability to go with it.

Found this on a Tykes board, which made me laugh...

Cycling past Tankersley Manor - Leicester Bus still parked up - and a Leicester player was hiding in a bush!! Not sure if he was having a wee, or on his phone or what but he clocked me with my Reds shirt on, gave half a smile & looked v embarassed. Short cropped hair.

Their No7 - Vine? nt

He got corrected that it was Hume.. lol

I'm not sure what happened to Logan but we saw him in McDonalds at the services. Surpirised he didn't travel back with the team. :dunno:

He talked about 'laying' the draw, which means that he himself offered odds, probably on Betfair or some other betting exchange (different to normal bookmakers) that the match would finish in a draw. Therefore, money was made from people who placed money on the draw at the odds which fox123 offered.

Three words: What... A... Day

First of all the match- Brilliant, a win that keeps us up for sure comfortably :D

Secondly- We met Kasbian in McDonalds at a service station and spoke to them (Well me and JME anyway) :D

And then there's the small matter of Leeds going down!!! :thumbup::D

Three words: What... A... Day

First of all the match- Brilliant, a win that keeps us up for sure comfortably :D

Secondly- We met Kasbian in McDonalds at a service station and spoke to them (Well me and JME anyway) :D

And then there's the small matter of Leeds going down!!! :thumbup::D

I claim the spot of Kasabian though. :thumbup:

I think i saw you lads on the way back to your car, i was the one who stook my head out of the window and shouted 'we all hate leeds.' What a day, great atmosphere, stood in the isle all game was great. Leicester songs were great, and the atmosphere was tops. Barnsley fans are a bunch of idiots though

Archived