Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

A Leicester City Anthem

A Leicester City Anthem  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Are YOU in favour of making this OUR anthem and singing during every match in tandem?

• Yes, i will learn the words and sing my heart out every match
    • No, it will never work
    • Yes i want an anthem but not that one, i suggest...

The thought has crossed my mind for many years now, why is it clubs have anthems but we dont? im sure some of you have thought about it too... Liverpool have you'll never walk alone, West ham have Forever Blowing Bubbles etc.

The impact the electric home support we have generated over the past 4 games has been nothing short of magic. For many years we have bemoaned the lack of atmosphere at home games and what can be done - with many suggestions.

I think the time has come, well overdue never the less for our great fans to learn sing and be remembered for our own anthem, what is more fitting than 'When you're smiling'?

I challenge each and every FT member to learn the words and spread the word through the press, radio, internet and word of mouth that this song is out anthem and will be sung before during and after every game, starting next season.

The time has come - the time is now.

"When you're smiling, when you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you,

"When you're laughing, when you're laughing, the sun comes shining through,

"But when you're crying, you bring out the rain,

"So stop you're sighing, be happy again,

"Cause when you're smiling, when you're smiling,

"The whole world smiles with you, Ahhhh, (wiggle hands in the air)

"The whole world smiles with you, Ahhhh, (wiggle hands in the air)

"THE - (hands open for each word) WHOLE - WORLD - SMILES - WITH - (wiggle hands in the air) YOOOOOOOOOOOU!

"Oh LEICESTER (Clap clap clap),

{REPEAT TO HEARTS CONTENT}

Feel free to bring together a final version

The thought has crossed my mind for many years now, why is it clubs have anthems but we dont? im sure some of you have thought about it too... Liverpool have you'll never walk alone, West ham have Forever Blowing Bubbles etc.

The impact the electric home support we have generated over the past 4 games has been nothing short of magic. For many years we have bemoaned the lack of atmosphere at home games and what can be done - with many suggestions.

I think the time has come, well overdue never the less for our great fans to learn sing and be remembered for our own anthem, what is more fitting than 'When you're smiling'?

I challenge each and every FT member to learn the words and spread the word through the press, radio, internet and word of mouth that this song is out anthem and will be sung before during and after every game, starting next season.

When you're smilin', keep on smilin'

The whole world smiles with you

And when you're laughin', keep on laughin'

The sun comes shinin' through

But when you're cryin', you bring on the rain

So stop your frownin', be happy again

Cause when you're smilin', keep on smilin'

Oh when you're smilin', keep on smilin'

Ah when you're laughin', keep on laughin'

The sun comes shinin' through

Now when you're cryin', you bring on the rain

So stop that sighin', be happy again

Cause when you're smilin', just keep on smilin'

And the whole world gonna smile with,

The great big world will smile with,

The whole wide world will smile with you.

If ya gonna do it, get the right words yeah?

"When you're smiling, when you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you,

"When you're laughing, when you're laughing, the sun comes shining through,

"But when you're crying, you bring out the rain,

"So stop you're sighing, be happy again,

"Cause when you're smiling, when you're smiling,

"The whole world smiles with you, (wiggle hands in the air)

"The whole world smiles with you, (wiggle hands in the air)

"THE - (hands open for each word) WHOLE - WORLD - SMILES - WITH - (wiggle hands in the air) YOOOOOOOOOOOU!

:thumbup:

:thumbup:

Isn't it 'But when you're sighing' ?

This is what I mean though, too many people have different versions of the middle bit.

I'm still a fan of the Leicester City Dream, we had a reet good singalong on the way back from PNE :thumbup::P

I'm not sure really, I don't think you would get all four corners of the stadium singing and if it is only NBlock or LBlock singing it could be quite embarassing.

Surely the kop would get going and L and N that would be a start. If we play the song before every home match then everyone will learn the tune and the words. How would i go about getting it played before every home match? Peter Jones?

Surely the kop would get going and L and N that would be a start. If we play the song before every home match then everyone will learn the tune and the words. How would i go about getting it played before every home match? Peter Jones?

im with you. perhaps even a famous local band singing live a few times....print the words in the programme, pre match announcements....and if the KOP L and N all sing thats a bloddy good start the others will follow suit as long as they know its OUR anthem 4 life. as i said even Youll never walk alone etc had to start some place.

lets get a plan first then contact the club, any ideas on a band or would it be better on a CD, bearing in mind it has to be at the right speed etc.....should we have the standard version or an extended version.

this idea is way better than that thing birch used to do with names and can even be better than the post horn gallop.

im with you. perhaps even a famous local band singing live a few times....print the words in the programme, pre match announcements....and if the KOP L and N all sing thats a bloddy good start the others will follow suit as long as they know its OUR anthem 4 life. as i said even Youll never walk alone etc had to start some place.

lets get a plan first then contact the club, any ideas on a band or would it be better on a CD, bearing in mind it has to be at the right speed etc.....should we have the standard version or an extended version.

this idea is way better than that thing birch used to do with names and can even be better than the post horn gallop.

Maybe Kasabian would do it, not really there style though is it. I think a CD would be best, a really old version would be quality. And we should only play the chorus not the whole song.

It doesn't work because people sing it too bloody fast, it's like it's a hot potato, they can't wait to get through it which makes it crap.

Guest Gist
It doesn't work because people sing it too bloody fast, it's like it's a hot potato, they can't wait to get through it which makes it crap.

I agree, it's like that with many songs and chants, especially ones which involve clapping!

Maybe if they played it over the tannoy like at Liverpool or West Ham it'd help to keep everyone in time.

I'm definitely in favour of this, but it's gonna take more than a vote on an Internet forum to get it going.

Maybe if they played it over the tannoy like at Liverpool or West Ham it'd help to keep everyone in time.

I'm definitely in favour of this, but it's gonna take more than a vote on an Internet forum to get it going.

I am willing to lend my services to the cause :thumbup: I need to contact someone about it maybe through email.

I am willing to lend my services to the cause :thumbup: I need to contact someone about it maybe through email.

The Trust have been trying to get recorded instrumental version ever since they've existed.

Whats wrong with just an old version like Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin or Nat King Cole?

Well I think they wanted the fans to add the words at the game.

Archived