Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

A Leicester City Anthem

A Leicester City Anthem  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Are YOU in favour of making this OUR anthem and singing during every match in tandem?

• Yes, i will learn the words and sing my heart out every match
    • No, it will never work
    • Yes i want an anthem but not that one, i suggest...

Well I think they wanted the fans to add the words at the game.

But Liverpool sing over the top of you'll never walk alone and it sounds great. Thats what we should do :thumbup: . Also i thought of contacting the chairman of the foxes trust, what do we think ?

But Liverpool sing over the top of you'll never walk alone and it sounds great. Thats what we should do :thumbup: . Also i thought of contacting the chairman of the foxes trust, what do we think ?

Well I guess they just think it's better to sing along with the instrumental than it would be to accompany Frank Sinatra, I don't know I'm just telling you what they've been trying to do as I thought you could contact them and ask them how they are getting on. I wasn't expecting the fooking

spanish_inquisition.jpg

:P

Well I guess they just think it's better to sing along with the instrumental than it would be to accompany Frank Sinatra, I don't know I'm just telling you what they've been trying to do as I thought you could contact them and ask them how they are getting on. I wasn't expecting the fooking

spanish_inquisition.jpg

:P

Sorry, :) but i am going to email them now to see if they will back this venture.

I sing it every game but to be honest it wont happen. You'll get 5 people from the "kop" singing and L & N with about 50 at the back who know the words.

Worth a try though lads :thumbup:

I like the song but would never call it an anthem.

It's too fast and just wouldn't work.

However I would love an anthem :thumbup:

Here is a sample of When your smiling that is quite slow . Its the one that is 2.46 long. I can imagine the whole stadium on there feet singing that. By the way i didnt buy it because my security number has rubbed off the back of my card so i cant pay, but i would be more than happy to use someone elses details for it. just give me your details and i will do it lol:P:ph34r:

Here is a sample of When your smiling that is quite slow . Its the one that is 2.46 long. I can imagine the whole stadium on there feet singing that. By the way i didnt buy it because my security number has rubbed off the back of my card so i cant pay, but i would be more than happy to use someone elses details for it. just give me your details and i will do it lol:P:ph34r:

Yeah I'll admit that one is much better. :thumbup:

It's just everyone has grown up with the way we've sung it and it would be difficult to put everyone on track for that version.

Yeah I'll admit that one is much better. :thumbup:

It's just everyone has grown up with the way we've sung it and it would be difficult to put everyone on track for that version.

we thought that if we printed the words on the program for a couple of weeks and played it before home mathes then people would start to get it.

we thought that if we printed the words on the program for a couple of weeks and played it before home mathes then people would start to get it.

Will all the hyms be printed in the programme. :rolleyes::P:whistle:

all,

Reading the replies people have posted its great to have a positive response on the whole :thumbup:

I hear concerns about the versions the speed etc.

The way forward is to have 1 version of the song for all to access. In relation to the speed at liverpool, west ham etc they play it over the tannoys for the first verse or two then fade it out so the fans can carry it on, this sounds like a good idea,

The best way to get ALL fans singing is by having the majority singing so the minority feel left out and want to join in.

Noe for the hows and whens to make it happen. Some of the following is a bit tacky buy required to get the ball rolling;

1 - have a final version of the song that all can adhere to.

2 - push the idea, have a spread in the local rag talking about the way it was sung and how it will start up again, perhaps even getting MM to add a few quotes on how its a great idea. Push the words in the programme for those that dont know the words. Get the birch and the tannoy announcer to push the idea.....etc

3 - have the song sung live or on cd before matches for all to follow till we get the concept across and working.

If we really want it to happen then it can.....discuss.

that is a top version, it would defo need to be tweaked to work in a live match situation but the speed etc is great!!!!! We would need a singer to cover it (acapella).....is that long winded? or is there a version that is an acapella?

if it works its defo worth the effort.

I liked the 2:46 version I just bought it from Itunes...it's a tricky one to track down! I think that version would work so well before kickoff/at end of game...

Me too mate, it took me ages to track lol

It is very good though

It'd work if you could guarantee everyone singing it, which, lets face it - you can't. Our club has never been innovative in that respect and to be fair, with our Kop acting like the West Stand it won't take off in there. L Block has about 200 lads at the very, very most singing, and N Block will collapse next season. The sort of effect and noise you hope to generate will struggle to be achieved I think. It's a nice idea but I don't think it will work out.

The "2:46" version could be played over the tannoy at a few games and I do believe people will eventually just start singing along to it...it's either classic "duke" or more euro-techno-pants-rubbish! I know which I prefer (no, not the euro-pants techno crappery!)

Archived