Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David O'Leary

Stephen Hughes

You make a really important point about having a balanced and consistent team but Hughes would not belong in it.

And I can only imagine it's Porter's size that makes you so firm about not wanting him in central midfield - I certainly doubt you've ever seen him play there.

Again there may be better to be purchased but Porter's always seemed a much more creative bet than Hughes. And Hughes has never been much good when it comes to tackling and aerial prowess so he wouldn't get in for those reasons.

Thrac, don't pick up on my comment of Levi in the middle it was a flippant remark and could easily have been Rab Douglas at right back, or Fryatt centre back. My point was as it has already been discussed.....the whole out of position thing. And, I agree Hughes would not belong in the "ideal" team that all City fans are dreaming of. But some of the abuse he got was injust due to my point. Would the fans been on Nisse's back had he been played out of position. A position that he isn't used to, effecting his own confidence etc etc.

End of is...............Hughes isn't good enough, but he has suffered under RK, and he will be a better player under a better manager, whether we see that at City remains to be seen.

I just hope this "ideal" midfielder (that we need) wants to join a second rate championship club. Would you? And for that reason we may not get the next Izzet overnight.

Thrac, don't pick up on my comment of Levi in the middle it was a flippant remark and could easily have been Rab Douglas at right back, or Fryatt centre back. My point was as it has already been discussed.....the whole out of position thing. And, I agree Hughes would not belong in the "ideal" team that all City fans are dreaming of. But some of the abuse he got was injust due to my point. Would the fans been on Nisse's back had he been played out of position. A position that he isn't used to, effecting his own confidence etc etc.

End of is...............Hughes isn't good enough, but he has suffered under RK, and he will be a better player under a better manager, whether we see that at City remains to be seen.

I just hope this "ideal" midfielder (that we need) wants to join a second rate championship club. Would you? And for that reason we may not get the next Izzet overnight.

Hughes and a good few others suffered extraordinary loss of form and motivation under Kelly - Stearman, Maybury, Hughes, Fryatt, Kenton, McCarthy .... but you know and I know that doesn't disguise our shortcomings.

Would I want to join Leicester were I a player? I'd certainly want to know the plan of action and how it was intended to achieve it.

With some of the names being bandied about it is beginning to worry me who might end up as manager. I suppose in what amounts to the second division you're always likely to get second tier candidates.

Hughes and a good few others suffered extraordinary loss of form and motivation under Kelly - Stearman, Maybury, Hughes, Fryatt, Kenton, McCarthy .... but you know and I know that doesn't disguise our shortcomings.

Would I want to join Leicester were I a player? I'd certainly want to know the plan of action and how it was intended to achieve it.

With some of the names being bandied about it is beginning to worry me who might end up as manager. I suppose in what amounts to the second division you're always likely to get second tier candidates.

Yep and thats why we have the off third rate player. You mentioned Maybury as loss of confidence etc. Forget his confidence he has NO footballing ability. He looked just as awful under his "Dad" CL. How many times did he venture past the half way line?? Fullbacks need to pass wingers these days. Christ even Nills manages it. Don't get me going Maybury is the WORST I have seen.

Yep and thats why we have the off third rate player. You mentioned Maybury as loss of confidence etc. Forget his confidence he has NO footballing ability. He looked just as awful under his "Dad" CL. How many times did he venture past the half way line?? Fullbacks need to pass wingers these days. Christ even Nills manages it. Don't get me going Maybury is the WORST I have seen.

Some people talk about the best player never to play for England, I`d like to start talking about the worst players ever to play for Eire! Maybury would be top 10 easy as he is useless and I have never seen him have a good game.

Some people talk about the best player never to play for England, I`d like to start talking about the worst players ever to play for Eire! Maybury would be top 10 easy as he is useless and I have never seen him have a good game.

My username says it all

Nathan Blake was that bad, he isn't worth talking about. I'm actually surprised no-one on FT has mentioned his name as one of the worst players to pull on the Leicester City attire. Moreover, i agree, Stephen Hughes is dire. I'll be honest, i thought...Stephen Hughes...not bad, but as time went on, and the more matches he played, he was absolutely appauling. I've not anything like it. Especially as a midfielder! GET RID AsAp!

Welcome to the forum mate, nice to see you on here, I partly agree with you, he is bad, very bad, but not as bad as some of the other bad players on this very bad LCFC team, some (like Elvis) are a lot badderer. A lot badderer indeed.

He's shocking and probably our worst midfielder but as for our worst player, surely that has to go to De Vries/Hammond?

You must be joking. Seriously get a test for glucocorticoids. My memory (fine thank you) reminds of a very bad midfield player this season, actually at least three worse midfielders.

Somehow the idea that MM is getting someone with the quality we're hearing of, should give decent competition for places which I'm sure will help Hughes. My impression is that he is good enough as a backup next season.

Hughes gets a lot of stick but i think there is a chance that he will come up trumps next season, he has proved he is a decent player and has potential but he hasnt come up with the goods. but if he does leave then good luck to him.

lol I handt noticed what it meant. :frusty:

He is useless but Im sure we can actually get someone to actually pay for his services?

mmmmmm. who? Sunderland were interested. But sure Tony will have updated Keano not to follow his Irish theme on that one. AM has a newborn and rumour has it his MRS is wanting a move closer to other family members. Back to Scotland lets hope. Get onto his agent to see if Gretna want to take the gamble!

does anyone agree with me that stephen hughes is the worst player on the leicester city team when he came from rangers he was an average player but he has got worse and worse, he cant pass, shots go right to the back of n block or the kop, every match ive seen this season (thats every home game except qpr and i saw them play at preston) he stands in no mans land in the defensive midfielder position, he also gets shrugged off the ball way too easy, and cant takle because is stick thin and has no strength :frusty:

For me that was his worst game i totally agree mate he really angers me all of the time doesnt do hardly nothing right definately not good enough to take up the premiership with he'd be more suited to someone else - no doubt Levein will take him to Dundee United seeing as he signed him and he's already enquiring about MDV.

I agree,

Hughes is flippin rubbish, he belongs in our worst players list with Akinbiyi, Benjamin, Junior Lewis, Lee Marshall, Tony Spearing, Lee Philpott, John Curtis etc etc etc.

The sad thing is tho i beleive Hughes can be a good player, he looked quite good when he first arrived and i thought he would turn out to be a great signing but he's gone downhill fast and doesnt even look like a pro footballer now.

I think if he put the effort in he could maybe make it in England but i suspect he'll end up at Dunfermline or St Johnstone or Gretna.

That's very unfair to Dunfermline! Although now relegated they came back from 9 points behind to 1 point of the pack before the last weekend. Over the last 6 weeks they were statistically the best team in Scotland. At least they've got European football (for 1 round) next season and a cup final to look forward to; best of all they escaped getting Levien as manager when he came back to Scotland!

Hughes and some of the others need to be toughened up a bit, good coaching and gym work might help but overall LCFC need a bit more ability on the park.

That's very unfair to Dunfermline! Although now relegated they came back from 9 points behind to 1 point of the pack before the last weekend. Over the last 6 weeks they were statistically the best team in Scotland. At least they've got European football (for 1 round) next season and a cup final to look forward to; best of all they escaped getting Levien as manager when he came back to Scotland!

Hughes and some of the others need to be toughened up a bit, good coaching and gym work might help but overall LCFC need a bit more ability on the park.

To be honest, and the end of the day they were relegated and its over the whole season that matters

Hello all,

Hughes has got talent - there's no doubt about that - problem is that it is not shown enough - very much like a certain Gareth Williams.

His first six months here were very good, he impressed me. But the last few months in particular he has looked lightweight and slow.

The best thing for us would be to get a replacement in and let him go, wouldn't surprise me if he was one of our higher earners.

He is - along with Maybury, MDV and Douglas he was signed by Levein on ridiculously long contracts with the parachute money after we were relegated from the Premiership.

Whoever the new boss is, he'll have a tough job shifting ANY of them to another club! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived