Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Peterborough away 1993

Took up half of London Road all we needed was a win to secure a play off place and we surrendered meekly 3-0. Huge riot after the game, big black lad laid out a police dog in the corner with a huge haymaker, he then got eaten by 2 other dogs.

Some of our lot even set fire to the terrace behind the goal, ankle deep in ticker tape. Remember the town centre as a battlefield afterwards.

Has to rank as one of the wierdest/crappiest/best away days of all time :blink:

Took up half of London Road all we needed was a win to secure a play off place and we surrendered meekly 3-0. Huge riot after the game, big black lad laid out a police dog in the corner with a huge haymaker, he then got eaten by 2 other dogs.

Some of our lot even set fire to the terrace behind the goal, ankle deep in ticker tape. Remember the town centre as a battlefield afterwards.

Has to rank as one of the wierdest/crappiest/best away days of all time :blink:

Yep I remember like it was yesterday...the away end was packed and I seem to remember that City fans get banned from most of the pubs along the A47!! We went into one in a sleepy village just off the Stamford turning and it was like the Alamo....happy days :thumbup:

Yeah I remember it, the sporting blue/green tickertape which was then set alight in the stands, awful performance on the pitch, I seem to recall them all having a shocker but in particular Kevin Poole being all over the place. I also remember 2 streakers from the Leicester end making it onto the pitch at some point during the second half.

The final whistle blew and on came the cavalry, complete over-reaction in my view as myself and most around me just wanted to go home after losing 3-0 but I think it incensed some to start trouble.

Thanks for reminding me of yet another crap saturday afternoon away with Leicester!

Yep, them were the days!! :unsure: Also the 3-2 defeat at Ipswich when we nearly went down to div 3. Gary Mills missed a pen and I got concussion and had to sit behind the goal with the St Johns. Our fans ended up chasin the home fans out of the ground....ACE!!

I remember it all good fun :o but part of the reason we're all clappy happy sit down fans now and why it's dead on it's arse.

I used to watch Peterboro a fe wtimes before the family moved to Leicester and they were shite alright. I can remember a huge riot that scared the **** out of me when I was just about approaching my teens when they played there "neighbours" Cambridge lol. Imbred buggers! Still, It was nothing compared to some of teh carnage I witnessed as a City fan in the mud to late 80s!

Oh f'ck, I forgot about the streakers especially the ginger one lol :laugh:

:chant: ginger pubes are unacceptbale :chant:lol

The riot insode only happened because the police charged in on horse back. Still remember seeing the police dog fly back totally sparked out that is when the coppers went in to overdirve a fair few heads were opened courtesey of the old wooden baton after that punch.

i remember it well , the streaker originally went in fancy dress as nuns lol . a peterborough player got hold of 1 of the streakers before richard smith stepped in . cracking day despite 3-0 reverse . i remember drinking in a pub on the a47 and saluting the team bus as it went passed the pub on the way in

How about the 2 streakers invading the pitch then 1 geting swung around by his hair by some peterborough player for then richard smith to step in in and start pushing the player. Quality away days .

sorry mate , didnt know you had already mentioned it :frusty:

Im not to good with remembering stuff BUT im sure me and my mate were near Simon Grayson who was in the dugout...would this have been true????

I think I got searched about 4 time before being let in. I remember Central News winding it up before the game telling stories about the locals boarding up shops and such like cos' naughty Leicester were in town, what a load of carp. There was a free for all at the end as the Police overreacted to sarcastic chants of 'on the pitch', the buggers actually invaded the front of the Leicester end, Batons and dogs etc. Lucky to get home in one piece!

Archived