Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

I hate this sub-forum (Transfer Talk)

The forum (Transfer Talk) needs time to age and mature, like a good Port or Scotch. :ph34r:

Until a manager is appointed, everything else is mostly irrelevant.

Once the manager is appointed, we can all breathe easily safe in the knowledge that nobody will mention the likes of Hoddle, Roeder or any other equally inept managers in the context of the Leicester City job. lol

but some of the shilo spouted is sapping my will to live :frusty:

Sometimes I think I should marry you...but it would never work out between us: between the constant agreeing, your perverse love of designer labels and the lack of opposite-sex sex I think I would tire too quickly.

But, not as quickly as I tired of the bollocks that is contained within Transfer Talk.

Which is why I love the forum - one click and I never have to read any of the abject tosh there-in.

Hooray for Transfer Talk. :thumbup:

You’re all having sneaky peaks. Lurking around awaiting the next instalment of biscuit wars.

I’m not having that. Trying to make out you’re not the slightest bit interested, too cool for transfer talk. Codswallop

It’s the best sub forum on the forum now.

As soon as I saw a headline on Soccernet that Jean Tigana had left Besiktas, the first thing I thought of was,

How long before a Tigana thread starts on the FoxesTalk Transfer Talk forum?

It's not really a "transfer talk" forum, it's more of a "[insert player/coach name here] is available and might be a good signing," regardless of whether or not the player/coach has even drawn the smallest amount of interest from Leicester.

...but I don't click on any link with any player's name--how the f*** can any player be linked to Leicester when the club doesn't even have a manager to go sign players?

It's not really a "transfer talk" forum, it's more of a "[insert player/coach name here] is available and might be a good signing," regardless of whether or not the player/coach has even drawn the smallest amount of interest from Leicester.

At present, we're trying to keep "I want..." and "This player is free..." topics to a minimum - we have threads for such possibilities as loan signings, foreign players, free transfers and transfer listed players. Wish lists and available lists for players are restricted. I've personally merged numerous topics about available players into existing topics, because they lack a basis (rumour) and I will continue to do so.

As for managers, topics relating to available managers are appearing - and it's only natural as we still have a vacancy.

As this is the biggest point of interest at the minute, the manager discussions will be permitted - up to a point. Lists inspired by fantasy won't be permitted, but discussing the merits of an available manager does no harm - for now. After all, the managerial discussion should only last another two weeks (as according to Mandaric), at which point it should all switch to player rumours.

Obviously, at the minute, most player rumours aren't really rumours - which is why there are so few 'actual' rumour topics. Sasa Ilic and Karl Hawley being two notable exceptions - these topics are 'rumours' and have a source, which is why they're there. ;)

Bottom line is, Transfer Talk just needs time - at the minute, it's mostly about managers... but once that issue is settled, the forum will come into its own over the rest of the summer - particularly in late June, one would imagine. :thumbup:

I have to say I haven't even clicked on it, I have no interest in discussing piffle and hearsay. It's an excellent idea for people who do it just doesn't appeal to me. So keep the tosh in there and the 'good stuff' in the LCFC forum. Good work Mark!

The people who talk bollox are then ones who post here saying they don’t like the transfer talk forum because it’s rubbish only 5 mins later start reading the threads and then start posting. There’s nothing else interesting to read about LCFC at them moment except the gossip, why else come on the forum? Unless you want talk about cats piss and biscuits?

The people who talk bollox are then ones who post here saying they don’t like the transfer talk forum because it’s rubbish only 5 mins later start reading the threads and then start posting. There’s nothing else interesting to read about LCFC at them moment except the gossip, why else come on the forum? Unless you want talk about cats piss and biscuits?

Well - I think we can see the young man who had his bowl of cornflakes pissed on this morning :whistle:

Well - I think we can see the young man who had his bowl of cornflakes pissed on this morning :whistle:

Yeah it was the cat.

Anyway,

I just don’t understand how these people can distinguish between the bollox they post and what they consider to be bollox in the Transfer Forum.

I personally think it’s a brilliant idea because enables me to read what might be of interest regardless whether it’s happening or not. The only thing at the moment remotely interesting is the transfers and the new manager, and if the transfer talk forum offers that function without me having to shift through the pages of bollox that most people post in LCFC forum throughout the season then great.

Archived