Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lillehamring

Festival Thread

Leeds is shit. Ebay your ticket and buy Reading ones. Just got back from Download, man, I'm fooked.

Download has sabataged Glastonbury :angry:

I broke my ankle on Friday at Download (just after Velvet Revolver) - And only got discharged from LRI yesterday (my ankle has been pinned and plated)

Glastonbury is now an impossibility as is Napalm Death this weekend

Hope to be mended in time for Leeds & Pukkelpop Festivals in late August

Download has sabataged Glastonbury :angry:

I broke my ankle on Friday at Download (just after Velvet Revolver) - And only got discharged from LRI yesterday (my ankle has been pinned and plated)

Glastonbury is now an impossibility as is Napalm Death this weekend

Hope to be mended in time for Leeds & Pukkelpop Festivals in late August

Nobody could be sadder to hear this news than me. My thoughts are with you during this troubled time.

I'm guessing those tickets would probably go unused now then... :whistle:

Nobody could be sadder to hear this news than me. My thoughts are with you during this troubled time.

I'm guessing those tickets would probably go unused now then... :whistle:

Thanx for your concerns

I'm trying to get Mrs Deathside to go without me but she's a bit reluctant

Tickets are not transferable due to the photos on them - Unless I have a twin! - This is the pic on my ticket:

Profile.jpg

If Mrs Deathside doesn't go that will be £300 down the pan :(

Thanx for your concerns

I'm trying to get Mrs Deathside to go without me but she's a bit reluctant

Tickets are not transferable due to the photos on them - Unless I have a twin! - This is the pic on my ticket:

Profile.jpg

If Mrs Deathside doesn't go that will be £300 down the pan :(

The spitting image of Dave, he'd pull that off easily.

The lock up stage? That what they used to call the Concrete Jungle stage? Pennywise in that wee tent were ****' blindin.

Yep - That's the one but it's moved to a bigger tent now (at Leeds) and it's now 2 days - I remember seeing Pennywise at Concrete Jungle a few years ago 2003 I think?

went to Norwegian Wood on sunday, very satisfactory.

lemonheads: - hadn't seen them since early/mid nineties and they were fun, did most of the wonderful 'ray' album: evan dando was wasted but managed the quote of the day: "hey, we're just like you - can't wait to see brian wilson, we're really just killing time!" :worship:

Brian wilson: the man is a god, and looked better than ever, even managed some new hand gestures - a much more relaxed set with a stripped down band, totally rocked: A+

Travis: last saw these at the cafe de paris in picadilly - great entrance down the steep grass slope through the packed crowd, to the rocky theme; then went into two really awful boring songs, i was ready to leave, but then they did some oldies and the banter between the songs was great, some fun antics throughout. ok for nostalgia, but a bit repetitive, and too much guitar posturing/staggering/standing on one leg - yawn.

refreshments were expensive, but they served great pizza, loo's were immaculate, even a pleasant fragrance.

went to Norwegian Wood on sunday, very satisfactory.

lemonheads: - hadn't seen them since early/mid nineties and they were fun, did most of the wonderful 'ray' album: evan dando was wasted but managed the quote of the day: "hey, we're just like you - can't wait to see brian wilson, we're really just killing time!" :worship:

Brian wilson: the man is a god, and looked better than ever, even managed some new hand gestures - a much more relaxed set with a stripped down band, totally rocked: A+

Travis: last saw these at the cafe de paris in picadilly - great entrance down the steep grass slope through the packed crowd, to the rocky theme; then went into two really awful boring songs, i was ready to leave, but then they did some oldies and the banter between the songs was great, some fun antics throughout. ok for nostalgia, but a bit repetitive, and too much guitar posturing/staggering/standing on one leg - yawn.

refreshments were expensive, but they served great pizza, loo's were immaculate, even a pleasant fragrance.

Are you going to the Quartz or Hove Festival?

England are sending over a beach soccer team to play an exhibiton match against Norway at both festivals.

England are sending over a beach soccer team to play an exhibiton match against Norway at both festivals.

hovefestival looks a bit rock for my tastes these days, not sure about 'quartz' can't even find it on google, except for something in truro :blink:

england will probably get thumped - beach soccer and beach volleyball are much bigger here than in england

Anyone else going to Glastonbury? I can't be the only one, surely? :dunno:

That'll be a "no" then? :(

No worries, I'll just sit here and get excited about it all by myself (and maybe talk to myself a bit in the process!). :mellow:

Anyways, my 'must sees' are (in random order!): Fratellis (though on early tonight - will be gutted if I don't get there in time :cry:), Hot Chip, The Twang, Pigeon Detectives, Mark Ronson, Arctic Monkeys, Tiny Dancers, Kasabian, The Killers, The Kooks, Paulo Nutini, Maximo Park... plus, bound to be others I've missed. :cool:

What's the betting they'll all clash?! :dunno:

Getting silly, over-excited now!!!! :D

Think of me while I'm camping in the bloody rain in my psychedelic tent... oh, and no doubt being towed out at the end of the weekend.

Bring on the rain, I say....! :P

No worries, I'll just sit here and get excited about it all by myself (and maybe talk to myself a bit in the process!). :mellow:

Anyways, my 'must sees' are (in random order!): Fratellis (though on early tonight - will be gutted if I don't get there in time :cry:), Hot Chip, The Twang, Pigeon Detectives, Mark Ronson, Arctic Monkeys, Tiny Dancers, Kasabian, The Killers, The Kooks, Paulo Nutini, Maximo Park... plus, bound to be others I've missed. :cool:

Think of me while I'm camping in the bloody rain in my psychedelic tent... oh, and no doubt being towed out at the end of the weekend.

Hot Chip and Arctic Monkeys are on at the same time. Glad I'm not going, I couldn't possibly decide. Seeing them on consecutive weekends at the end of July instead. :thumbup:

You should have said earlier.... could've come seen them with Fez and I.

Hot Chip and Arctic Monkeys are on at the same time. Glad I'm not going, I couldn't possibly decide. Seeing them on consecutive weekends at the end of July instead. :thumbup:

Yeah, thought that was the case... tricky call... will have to see how I'm feeling at the time. :unsure:

You should have said earlier.... could've come seen them with Fez and I.

Oh, gutted... "too late" - the story of my life! :frusty:

ah, now i know what you mean - quart, not quartz -

http://quart.no/

hmmm - the who would be good, as would beastie boys - but scissor sisters, 50cent i'd rather have my teeth pulled out

and, well, most of the rest is not so appealing, so i guess not

Archived