Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lillehamring

Festival Thread

well, as i look out over the sea on this beautiful sunny day, it finally feels like summer and my thoughts turn to festivals.

so who is going where this summer, I am going to Norwegian Wood in Oslo, budget only stretches to one day inside, rest of the weekend sitting in the park outside - but worth it for the one day Brian Wilson and Travis, should be good...

it'll take a lot to beat my best festival experience though: glasto '93 - 30 degrees and non stop quality! :cool:

well, as i look out over the sea on this beautiful sunny day, it finally feels like summer and my thoughts turn to festivals.

so who is going where this summer, I am going to Norwegian Wood in Oslo, budget only stretches to one day inside, rest of the weekend sitting in the park outside - but worth it for the one day Brian Wilson and Travis, should be good...

it'll take a lot to beat my best festival experience though: glasto '93 - 30 degrees and non stop quality! :cool:

First festival for me this year, i'll be going to Leeds festival for the carling weekend thingeh, should be a good larf and a chance to see some bands ive been wanting to see for a while :cool:

Reading, obviously.

Can't wait. Was immense last year, going with the missus this time though. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Though little does she know that loads of my mates are going, i'll do this in white incase she's checking up on me :thumbup: :thumbup:

Reading, obviously.

Can't wait. Was immense last year, going with the missus this time though. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Though little does she know that loads of my mates are going, i'll do this in white incase she's checking up on me :thumbup: :thumbup:

But she's fun at gigs? :dunno:

I've done this in white too... hope you manage to palm her off on some unsuspecting bystander. :D

didn't glasto sell out in minutes - seems like its just a bit posh now - how did you manage to get tickets?

got up early, me, my sis and a mate were trying for ech other (as you could buy 4 eper person). in the end none of us did but my mates mate got through twice so got ours the 2nd time! if that makes sense?!

There were more Glastonburg tickets on sale this morning but all gone now - And I still couldn't get a campervan pass so I'm still píssed that I have to tent it GRRR

I just checked the lineup - fúck me how many stages???

The list is too big to post here so you'll have to follow this link Glastonbury 2007 Full Lineup

The ones I might be making an effort to see are:

• Kasabian (Maybe)
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Manic Street Preachers (Please play the old stuff)
  • Iggy And The Stooges (Definate)
  • The Chemical Brothers (Might be interesting if nothing else is on at the same time)
  • The Rakes (Maybe)
  • KT Tunstall (She's done a couple of songs that I really like for some strange reason)
  • Fat Bloke Slim (Maybe)
  • Mad Professor
  • Billy Bragg
  • Billy Bragg & Guests
  • Grrrlesque (I'm always up for a bit of burlesque)
  • Attila the Stockbroker (Definate)
  • John Otway

I suppose it's a bit sad that nothing on the John Peel stage appeals to me

Not a festival, but I got tickets for Live Earth.

John Taylor..... :wub:

but as James Blunt, Damien Rice and David Gray are on the same bill you could well be swinging from the arch before Duran Duran appear

but as James Blunt, Damien Rice and David Gray are on the same bill you could well be swinging from the arch before Duran Duran appear

I'm trying to think of them as toilet breaks.

Would I be allowed to take an air rifle in with me?

Got tickets for the Sunday of Summer Sundae (the Saturday clashes with the opening day of the season... :( )

Probably have to follow the other festivals on TV..

[*]Attila the Stockbroker

SHED FIRE

A perfect English pageantry:

an act so gloriously mundane

New neighbours put up eight foot fence

So strangers now will thus remain

As English as our small town press

who'd like so much to dish the dirt

but headline uneventfulness:

'Local shed fire. No-one hurt.'

A cod war veteran complains

about some kids skateboarding by

The Daily Mail sells very well

And he and it see eye to eye

The homeless sleep under the pier

But most round here don't seem to care

That's city life, another's news.

Shed fire, though. Police aware.

The poster shouts it, black and white

A headline story, that's for sure

And there's a pull out TV guide

For folk who rarely ask for more

And two, more lively than the rest,

Are chatting in the autumn sun.

Not in their back yard, thank god,

But shed fire. Little damage done.

Got tickets for the V festival, did have tickets for the Isle of Wight as well but sold them when the Stones were announced as the headline act - just watch the highlights on telly and pleased I sold them as they looked past it!!!

Archived