Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Master Fox

Milan to bring in a sports director

WOW WOW Slow down.

What exactly will the footballing director do? how will this fit in with the managers role? is this something MA wants or is it something MA wants? also it seems most of the players linked with us are on the back of MM's work....if things go pear shaped next season will this make the blame game complex? IT good MM is a footballing man but where does one draw the line and say he is too hands on??

It was bound to happen at some point, given what happened at Pompey.

I'm sure MA will have been consulted on an appointment for Sporting Director- surely MM wouldn't make the same mistak twice? It wouldn't surprise me if it was someone whom MA knows or has worked with in the past. I'd also be shocked if its a truly massive name.

good move probably as long as it doesn't effect the first team!!

I have never been a big fan of the DOF role especially the likes of Bassett but I think at the minute there is a massive amount of work to do behind the scenes the previous board let the club stagnate and things like scouting need to be addressed

good move probably as long as it doesn't effect the first team!!

I have never been a big fan of the DOF role especially the likes of Bassett but I think at the minute there is a massive amount of work to do behind the scenes the previous board let the club stagnate and things like scouting need to be addressed

I don't think they had a lot of choice, no money, zero credit rating as a result of admin, two managers that were greeted well by a large section of the fans but who both failed miserably exacerbating (I've always wanted to use that owrd on here) the inherent cash flow problem.

I don't think they had a lot of choice, no money, zero credit rating as a result of admin, two managers that were greeted well by a large section of the fans but who both failed miserably exacerbating (I've always wanted to use that owrd on here) the inherent cash flow problem.

true and that's a top class word but either way theres a hell of a lot of work to be done behind the scenes!

As long as MA is happy this could be OK.

Always worry this kind of role undermines the manager though and MA doesn't strike me as the type that would stand for that. I was absolutely delighted at his appointment so don't want him to be upset about something major so early on.

Leicester City are planning to appoint a sports director during the re-structuring of their set-up this summer.

Martin Allen was installed as manager last week and some of his backroom staff from MK Dons are set to join him.

And City chairman Milan Mandaric is determined to give his new boss the right backing.

Mandaric said: "This club needs building up right from the bottom and it is important that the manager has the right support behind him.

"So we hope to bring in a sports director as well as extra coaching and scouting staff."

The role will co-ordinate coaching, scouting and administration, leaving Allen and his staff free to take charge of the playing side.

Negotiations are, I understand, under way with a candidate who is at a Premiership club at the moment.

I see Ferguson, Wenger, Mourhino, Keane, Bruce and Davis have all got sports directors to assist them........... NOT!!!

What a load of tosh! What it probably means is that Allen isn't that capable!

Cheers.

Mandaric is also finalising the compensation deal with MK Dons for Allen and those he brings with him.

Mandaric said: "This is all the start of a long-term vision for the club, and a lot of work has had to be done to try to put as much as possible in place before the start of the season.

"The biggest, most important decision - the new manager - has been made. Now it is time to look at every other aspect of the club so that Martin Allen has the best chance to succeed.

"This club has been at a low point for too long.

"I am looking far ahead to where we want to go and what will be needed to take us there.

"That will mean new people and, of course, new players."

Both Mandaric and Allen are away until the weekend so there are not going to be any significant transfer moves until then.

Charlton defender Radostin Kishishev, who is available on a free transfer, is the latest name to be linked with City.

He joins Arjan De Zeeuw, Bruno N'Gotty, Lee Hendrie and Richard Cresswell in being rumoured for a move to the Walkers Stadium.

But Mandaric said: "There is nothing set to be done this week.

"But the aim has always been to strengthen for next season and that will be done."

Leicester City are planning to appoint a sports director during the re-structuring of their set-up this summer.

Martin Allen was installed as manager last week and some of his backroom staff from MK Dons are set to join him.

And City chairman Milan Mandaric is determined to give his new boss the right backing.

Mandaric said: "This club needs building up right from the bottom and it is important that the manager has the right support behind him.

"So we hope to bring in a sports director as well as extra coaching and scouting staff."

The role will co-ordinate coaching, scouting and administration, leaving Allen and his staff free to take charge of the playing side.

Negotiations are, I understand, under way with a candidate who is at a Premiership club at the moment.

Mandaric is also finalising the compensation deal with MK Dons for Allen and those he brings with him.

Mandaric said: "This is all the start of a long-term vision for the club, and a lot of work has had to be done to try to put as much as possible in place before the start of the season.

"The biggest, most important decision - the new manager - has been made. Now it is time to look at every other aspect of the club so that Martin Allen has the best chance to succeed.

"This club has been at a low point for too long.

"I am looking far ahead to where we want to go and what will be needed to take us there.

"That will mean new people and, of course, new players."

Both Mandaric and Allen are away until the weekend so there are not going to be any significant transfer moves until then.

Charlton defender Radostin Kishishev, who is available on a free transfer, is the latest name to be linked with City.

He joins Arjan De Zeeuw, Bruno N'Gotty, Lee Hendrie and Richard Cresswell in being rumoured for a move to the Walkers Stadium.

But Mandaric said: "There is nothing set to be done this week.

"But the aim has always been to strengthen for next season and that will be done."

I see Ferguson, Wenger, Mourhino, Keane, Bruce and Davis have all got sports directors to assist them........... NOT!!!

Cheers.

Cheers.

Uhh... Mourinho DOES (Frank Arnesen) and Wenger did have in a way (David Dein) and is now looking for a new one...?

Steve Coppell also has one at Reading, and it was him that found the likes of Kevin Doyle... so I wouldn't dismiss it completely yet.

Cheers.

Uhh... Mourinho DOES (Frank Arnesen) and Wenger did have in a way (David Dein) and is now looking for a new one...?

Steve Coppell also has one at Reading, and it was him that found the likes of Kevin Doyle... so I wouldn't dismiss it completely yet.

And lets not forget Comolli, once of Arsenal and now of Spurs, credited the discoveries of Toure and Eboue to name a couple.

Archived