Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flynny

Upcoming Interpol Album

I'm not posting this as news, though I suppose it might be to some people. But I just heard that Rich Costey (Mr. Black Holes and Revelations) is producing the album. I'm a wee bit scared.

Also, if anyone gets word of a leak before I do, any chance of a heads-up?

I'm not posting this as news, though I suppose it might be to some people. But I just heard that Rich Costey (Mr. Black Holes and Revelations) is producing the album. I'm a wee bit scared.

Also, if anyone gets word of a leak before I do, any chance of a heads-up?

Looking forward to this, they are one of few bands who managed to produce a very good debut album and then an equally good second

On a more serious note, why'd you prefer Antics? It's not much worse, but I prefered the vocals lower in the mix and the general feeling on density in Bright Lights. Keyboards sound better in there too.

Antics just has a whole different mood to it.

Bright Lights just doesn't hold my interest to be honest, where Antics does. I just think there's a bit more to it.

That said, it could be the vicious cycle which can occur when you buy an album first and enjoy it (Antics) then listen to another and it doesn't grab you straight away. Then because you know all the tracks off the other, you just go back to that.

Familiarity perhaps... ?

From memory, there isn't a vast difference between them... just that Antics was in my car stereo for about 3 weeks solid whilst Bright Lights has probably been played 3 times through in it's entirety if that.

Bright Lights just doesn't hold my interest to be honest, where Antics does. I just think there's a bit more to it.

That said, it could be the vicious cycle which can occur when you buy an album first and enjoy it (Antics) then listen to another and it doesn't grab you straight away. Then because you know all the tracks off the other, you just go back to that.

Familiarity perhaps... ?

From memory, there isn't a vast difference between them... just that Antics was in my car stereo for about 3 weeks solid whilst Bright Lights has probably been played 3 times through in it's entirety if that.

I was addicted to TOTBL when it came out, it was on constant rotation in my hi fi for about 6 months, Antics not quite as much but still more than most other albums. Couldn't pick between them though. Bring on the third album...

I prefered Antics too. I usually go for atmosphere over songwriting but Interpol are an exception as I prefer the quality songwriting on Antics to the mood of TOTBL. Just hoping that this record isn't as fruity as Carlos Denglers 'new look'.

Downloaded an advanced copy of the new album last night, can't wait to get home and have a listen. I really like the new song to be released, nothing exceptionally different, but I don't want it to be, I simply love Interpol's sound!!

Wouldn't PM me a link, would you?

Share the wealth! :thumbup:

I got it off emule p2p, i get crap connectivity of it but always has advanced stuff on so a good one to keep on overnight. Can you recommend any fileshare sites where I could upload it?, then I would be happy to provide you with a link.

I downloaded the advanced Chromeo album (very good) from a random fileshare website the other day at very good transfer but can't recall what the site was now, the interpol album could very well be on there too!!

I'll have a look later...

Sure you've not got this?

From wiki:

Sometime in March 2007, an album called Mammoth, attributed to Interpol, appeared on P2P networks. However, the album was actually a renamed copy of Exit Decades, recorded by Swedish band Cut City. Due to some similarities in style between those two bands, this "fake leak" was quite convincing to some listeners.

No news of a real leak on Wikipedia, which people tend to add on the second there is one. No luck with torrent sites, either.

Anyone want to give me a brief synopsis of the Interpol sound?

Never heard of them. But if I like the sound of their sound I may investigate further.

Sound.

Some videos for you good sir

PDA

Evil

Edit: It's not a synopsis, but it explains their sound better than I could ever hope to.

PDA is missing the best bit, the entire ending!!! :frusty:

Oh excellent. I don't really like PDA that much but the end bit that seems practically like an entirely different track is my favourite part of the album by a mile.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived