Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

New Captain

McCarthty has gone  

78 members have voted

1. 1. So who's going to replace him?

• Hume
    • Kisnorbo
    • N'Gotty
    • McAuley
    • Neilson
    • Henderson
    • Cort
    • Fryatt
    • Stearman
    • Porter
    • Wesolowski

Some of these are clearly too young but McCarthy was a young captain so you never know.

I pick Hume for his passion and never say die attitude on the pitch however, N'Gotty could also be a good choice

We don't have a natural captain at the moment as far as I can see.

I'd like to see a midfield engine man as the captain and we've yet to get one of those.

Wait and see who we else we get in first, then decide.

I agree with you there!

there could be some more experienced players who come in that have been captains before

Wouldn't really want any of these, maybe Kisnorbo out of whose there

But wait and see I still think a leader / captein may be signed e.g. Kavanagh, Holland etc.

This should be discussed at the end of July when we have a good idea of who's who.

Of those listed (ie. the players who've been told they've got a future at the club or have been brought in), either Hume or maybe Weso... but I would worry that being skipper so young would be a massive burden for Weso who should really be focusing on building on a promising end to last season and staying fit and in one piece... Nielsen was skipper at his last club which makes me wonder if he could be a decent shout... but to be honest, best to see who else we bring in and then make a decision.

Out of the players at the moment i'd have to be Paddy Kisnorbo i think. But like you're all saying if we pick up someone like Kavangah or Holland then they'd definatly be experienced and good choices for that department. We need someone along the lines of Andy Johnson - except who isn't a bag of horse turd.

Out of the players at the moment i'd have to be Paddy Kisnorbo i think. But like you're all saying if we pick up someone like Kavangah or Holland then they'd definatly be experienced and good choices for that department. We need someone along the lines of Andy Johnson - except who isn't a bag of horse turd.

er... so in other words a player nothing like Andy Johnson? :dunno:;)

We can't really decide on a captain until we've finished building next season's squad. I'd like us to have a captain who's passionate and inspirational, who can really grab a game by the scruff of the neck.

Kisnorbo out of who we have at the moment, quite easily.

Hume is not captain material. He is passionate and gives his all but he is not a leader.

Sign Arjen De Zeeuw and make him skip.

Of those listed (ie. the players who've been told they've got a future at the club or have been brought in), either Hume or maybe Weso... but I would worry that being skipper so young would be a massive burden for Weso who should really be focusing on building on a promising end to last season and staying fit and in one piece... Nielsen was skipper at his last club which makes me wonder if he could be a decent shout... but to be honest, best to see who else we bring in and then make a decision.

As you said about Weso he could be to young but the main problem being that he cannot seem to stay fit for more than two months.

I don't think it's right to bring in a new player and put them stright in as captain, it clearly shows favourites, I chose kisser because of his pure passion and commitment, however because of his ban for the first two games of the season, I would put hume in for them and see how he goes !!

Too early to say just yet, until we know who's in the final squad.

But I wasn't over-impressed with Kisnorbo as a skipper last season.

He's also banned from the first two games.

Hume: I want him to concentrate on playing football, and not having to watch the rest of the players and shouting at them etc.

Kisnorbo: We've seen last season that he isn't a good captain.

I'd have to choose N'Gotty, he's most experienced.

Archived