Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Bear

Michael McIndoe

Absolutely, as I said I wasn't comparing them at all. I was merely suggesting that even the best players in the world have games in which they don't make a huge impact or look like they can't be bothered.

Porter does it more often at the moment. A goes missing in almost every game he plays in for periods. Sometimes full halfs and sometimes even games.

Reading this thread is bizzare. I don't quite see what Levi Porter has done to earn the kind of respect that he has, to even use his name in the same sentance as player like Ronaldinho, Frank Worthington, Socraties and George Best is Absloutley absurd, they did/do what they want because they have extreme talent. Porter is at best reasnoable at this level and has potential to be better, he has a disadavantage already in his size he doesn't need any more.

So if people are going to use examples of players drinking, smoking having attitude problems and "making it big" could we please keep it to players who have around the same ability as Levi Porter instead of the sublime and world class players bought up so far.

I think having some competition for places would help as well. If you know that your the only left midfielder in the squad you don't really need to fight for your place. Maybe if we had someone like McIndoe as well as Porter he would have to get more involved.

I think having some competition for places would help as well. If you know that your the only left midfielder in the squad you don't really need to fight for your place. Maybe if we had someone like McIndoe as well as Porter he would have to get more involved.

Exactly.

Like I said in my above post, there wasn't any strong competition for a place on the left wing last season so even if Porter played poorly he could still maintain his place in the side.

With competition next year, he'll have to raise his game.

Reading this thread is bizzare. I don't quite see what Levi Porter has done to earn the kind of respect that he has, to even use his name in the same sentance as player like Ronaldinho, Frank Worthington, Socraties and George Best is Absloutley absurd, they did/do what they want because they have extreme talent. Porter is at best reasnoable at this level and has potential to be better, he has a disadavantage already in his size he doesn't need any more.

Where have I compared Porter to Ronaldinho or suggested anything other than that he could be a reasonable player at this level? I haven't and I certainly don't think I am one of those guilty of having an inflated view of his level of ability.

Where have I compared Porter to Ronaldinho or suggested anything other than that he could be a reasonable player at this level? I haven't and I certainly don't think I am one of those guilty of having an inflated view of his level of ability.

You mentioned his name which is bad enough

All though to be fair to you you did say it was beside the point, which it is.

You mentioned his name which is bad enough

All though to be fair to you you did say it was beside the point, which it is.

It is besides the point but then the whole thread seems to have gone totally away from the point of would we rather have Mcindoe out on the left than Porter.

Yh, he seemed decetn in the play-offs for wolves, except for his missed penalty, I would think he will have to play right wing though, we have porter or Mattock for the left side.

Did he miss another peantly in the play offs then?? I was in New Zealand. I know he missed one agains Birmingham towards the end of the season.

He's suppose to be a really good peanlty taker as well.

Yh, he seemed decetn in the play-offs for wolves, except for his missed penalty, I would think he will have to play right wing though, we have porter or Mattock for the left side.

Or not, because Mattock's proper position is left-back, and it's pretty doubtful that Porter will be a first choice player next season.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived