Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Bear

Michael McIndoe

Alright Foxes, Wolves fan here :thumbup:

Just thought I'd let you know about a rumour that I've read about that our left-winger McIndoe may be off to Leicester.

I know we've just bought Jarvis but he won't be first choice, certainly not straight away. McIndoe was always in the team in the latter half of the season and played pretty well so I'm more than a little doubtful. I suppose you never know though.

In the words of Gus Hedges - "Just wanted to pop something into your mental microwave, see if it defrosts".

What do you think of Gobern? I saw him play at your place last season and he stood out more than most that day, not because of his goal but for his all round performance. Is he highly rated etc? I don't know anything about him.

What do you think of Gobern? I saw him play at your place last season and he stood out more than most that day, not because of his goal but for his all round performance. Is he highly rated etc? I don't know anything about him.

I'm not sure he actually played much at all the latter stage of the season.. :dunno:

He's a winger, it doesn't exactly go against him does it?

He get's pushed off the ball easily because he's half the size of everyone else and you can't play a long ball to him because he'll never win owt in the air.

He get's pushed off the ball easily because he's half the size of everyone else and you can't play a long ball to him because he'll never win owt in the air.

To be fair to him, Levi wins his fair shares of balls in the air :dunno::thumbup:

The same way Hume, does, jump :rolleyes: A good player would try to play it to his feet anyway, play to your strengths :thumbup:

The players we had last season were obviously not intelligent enough to play the ball to his feet. Hopefully these new signings are intelligent enough to do that.

I'd rather have him LM rather than CB.

His job out there is to go at players and put crosses in not much to do with his height.

Personally I'm not convinced by him as an upper championship player and think we could do better on the wing but he has got age on his side and its good to see players like him coming through and being given the chance.

I think he was made to look good last season by the poor competition on the wings i.e. sylla, Hughes, Yeates, Tiatto etc.

I do believe hes got a future at the club, would be reasonable back up and a good squad player which is needed in a successful campaign.

I'd rather have him LM rather than CB.

His job out there is to go at players and put crosses in not much to do with his height.

Personally I'm not convinced by him as an upper championship player and think we could do better on the wing but he has got age on his side and its good to see players like him coming through and being given the chance.

I think he was made to look good last season by the poor competition on the wings i.e. sylla, Hughes, Yeates, Tiatto etc.

I do believe hes got a future at the club, would be reasonable back up and a good squad player which is needed in a successful campaign.

guppy was hardly a giant... but he sure could cross!

guppy was hardly a giant... but he sure could cross!

I usually hate it when current players are compared to the past masters at this club. i.e. McCarthy has/had the passion and desire of walsh etc etc. But this is a good example :thumbup:

I don't understand this sudden turn against Porter. Everyone on here seemed to love the bloke all season, now suddenly everyone seems to think he's useless?

Joe Mattock is the new Levi Porter thats why.

McIndoe much better than anything we have on the left at moment.

Porter's issue is not so much that he's rubbish. Technically he's not bad. Games just often pass him by.. not always the case I admit but there we go.

His problem (with respect to his messageboard) is that there are a group of people who are completely up his own ar se.

When he's had a poor game you have to be able to put your hands up and say he's poor rather than simply blame everyone else.

He's young and can improve. I'd keep hold of him as he can do things with the ball at his feet. He's just a bit lightweight and wasteful for me.

I feel for Porter as eventually those who are up his own ar se will turn on him, just as they have on Sheehan, Wright, O'Grady and numerous others who were simply never as good as the hype!

I don't think he's useless at all by any means. He's still only young and has a part to play I believe next season. He's showed what he can do, he just needs to maintain his form a bit better.

There's just a few too many games where he's just totally non- existent and not willing enough to receive the ball. With the right man management I think he can recapture the form that made him so popular with the fans. :thumbup:

Stanley Matthews' remarked in his autobiography that young players often do well when they first come into a side but are invariably inconsistent and have lapses in form. By comparison a seasoned professional rarely has a rank bad game whether he shines or not.

The truth of his remarks was plainly illustrated at Leicester last season where, unfortunately, we didn't have a manager who seemed able to recognise or anticipate that and who was prepared to suggest any ideas to help.

It was obvious before Christmas that Porter would be earmarked for special attention and needed the freedim to switch wings or to move inside. But this didn't happen even when it was clear that he was either being man marked or closed down more rapidly than before.

Managers are there to get results and to do this they need to get the best out of people. Kelly didn't get the best out of many players at all in my view.

Especially Porter whose big asset is his passing.

Porter needs the freedom to find space and, when he gets the ball, he needs people running off him. Leicester last season were the worst professional football team I've eer seen for failing to move or make space off the ball.

Stanley Matthews' remarked in his autobiography that young players often do well when they first come into a side but are invariably inconsistent and have lapses in form. By comparison a seasoned professional rarely has a rank bad game whether he shines or not.

The truth of his remarks was plainly illustrated at Leicester last season where, unfortunately, we didn't have a manager who seemed able to recognise or anticipate that and who was prepared to suggest any ideas to help.

It was obvious before Christmas that Porter would be earmarked for special attention and needed the freedim to switch wings or to move inside. But this didn't happen even when it was clear that he was either being man marked or closed down more rapidly than before.

Managers are there to get results and to do this they need to get the best out of people. Kelly didn't get the best out of many players at all in my view.

Especially Porter whose big asset is his passing.

Porter needs the freedom to find space and, when he gets the ball, he needs people running off him. Leicester last season were the worst professional football team I've eer seen for failing to move or make space off the ball.

Well Stanley Matthews was obviously a very intellegent bloke, and I've been telling you that for months!

Porter needs to sort his attitude out, 5 or 6 games he I saw him play he was fantastic but he can go completley missing. This isn't because the brains at Southend United have come up with a massive Anti Levi Porter plan it's because he can be arsed to get himself into space.

Anyway, he'll have to sort himself out this year, or he'll be following O'Grady and Dawson down the leagues.

Prime suspect being Porter, he was one of the worst for going missing completely and not getting involved in the game. Hopefully whatever wingers we buy this summer will not just stand on the wing waiting for the ball to come to them if the midfield is getting overrun.

Getting marked happens. It's part of the game. Why on earth the manager and other players get all the blame for Porter being ineffectual when he, shock horror, gets marked by a defender, I have no idea. I don't remember any of the right wingers last season getting any special treatment.

Prime suspect being Porter, he was one of the worst for going missing completely and not getting involved in the game. Hopefully whatever wingers we buy this summer will not just stand on the wing waiting for the ball to come to them if the midfield is getting overrun.

Getting marked happens. It's part of the game. Why on earth the manager and other players get all the blame for Porter being ineffectual when he, shock horror, gets marked by a defender, I have no idea. I don't remember any of the right wingers last season getting any special treatment.

And so Thracian's naivety and simplistic view of football is exposed once again.

Top marks Fez, you actually have a clue.

I think we can all agree on the following - so perhaps this will give us some closure.

Porter is an effective player when no one marks him

Where we differ.. and I think we'll have to agree to disagree is that...

a) I believe that being marked is part of the game. As a winger, you deal with it. Not just stand, being marked looking at your own feet.

b) An alternative view (Thracian) - Porter is marked because he's amazing and the opposition wants to nullify his threat. It's nothing to do with the fact that it's actually the full back's job.

Porter was clearly under instructions when we got the ball to make as much width on the left as possible. When we lost possession he became a wide midfield-bassed defender.

There was no way in his situation that he would even dream of disobeying his instructions.

As for our "right wingers" last season I don't remember having any until Newton arrived and he was hardly outstanding.

Porter was clearly under instructions when we got the ball to make as much width on the left as possible. When we lost possession he became a wide midfield-bassed defender.

There was no way in his situation that he would even dream of disobeying his instructions.

As for our "right wingers" last season I don't remember having any until Newton arrived and he was hardly outstanding.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:dunno:

lol Porter hasn't got the attitude to be a successful pro.

Like TPH said when he gets marked he just does nothing, trots around thinking about what him and Elvis will be doing that night and when the ball finally gets to him he's so surprised he hits it into touch.

lol Porter hasn't got the attitude to be a successful pro.

Like TPH said when he gets marked he just does nothing, trots around thinking about what him and Elvis will be doing that night and when the ball finally gets to him he's so surprised he hits it into touch.

Yeah but that's what the management TELLS him to do!

Honestly! It's true!

So as a wide midfield player he give instructions to wander aimlessly up and down the line holding hands with the opposition right back and never trying to make and clever runs or attempting to get into.

I can't get too enthusiastic about the possibility of signing a player because they impressed against us. Our defence was $hite for most of the season and excelled itself against Wolves.

It's a pretty good thing to base things on though isn't it :mellow: He can only rip to shreds what is put in front of him.

He's been highly rated since he was at Yeovil and has played very well at a Championship level and I think he'd be an awesome signing.

Re Gobern:

He's a good player for a youngster. Has a bit of pace, not afraid to run at people and can whip pretty decent crosses in.

Last we heard he had been stalling on a new contract, and Ince told him to hold off signing it as he'd take him to Leicester if he got the manager's job.

That fell through and rumour is Wolves then offered him a lesser contract which is the last we heard. So he may well be available if you can offer him regular football. He's not going to get in ahead of Kightly and now Jarvis has signes who can cover both flanks.

I think he'd be a decent signing, but like Porter is only young and may be inconsistent. He's a direct take-them-on player too, though not quite as quick as Porter.

Archived