Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Curry Pies Just Got Better - Maybe?

From Os

Leicestershire company D and J Catering Ltd were today awarded the contract to manage public catering at the Walkers Stadium.

Based in Enderby, D and J are a key nationwide player in the events catering business, supplying their services to the likes of Glastonbury Festival, Download, Hyde Park, Knowsley Music Festival and Cream Fields.

D and J also have a wealth of experience in the sporting world, working as the main catering suppliers to Donnington Park Raceway and Rugby League side Bradford Bulls. In fact, their work at the Odsal Stadium saw them pick up the recent Super League 'Best Food' award.

Brothers John, David and Martin Greaves, who hail from the Saffron Lane area of the city, set up the business 1987 - and it has grown from strength to strength ever since.

The Greaves family are also keen Leicester City supporters - having followed the club through thick and thin from the late 1960s.

Managing Director John Greaves said: "We are absolutely delighted to have been awarded this contract. Leicester City are very close to our hearts and we feel that this is a great time to be involved with the football club.

"We are all Leicester through and through. We know what supporters want and we intend to deliver.

"Our mandate is to serve quality, reasonably priced products in the quickest possible time."

City Chief Executive, Tim Davies, added: "We are delighted that D and J catering are taking over our public catering. Both D and J and ourselves are very conscious that our fans need exceptional service and quality. D and J are committed to providing this.

"The Greaves family are well known for being big Leicester City supporters and I am sure they will do the club proud.

"We were extremely impressed with the way they ran our South Stand catering three years ago and we look forward to forging a solid working relationship over the coming months.

"D and J, our supporters and the football club have the same goal. One team - one dream."

D and J will also be sprucing up the concourse serving points ahead of the new campaign.

Greaves added: "We will be rebranding all of the serving points ahead of the new season. We will be investing heavily in new equipment to make sure that the whole operation runs as smoothly as possible."

Foxes fans will already be familiar with D and J - who have provided catering around the exterior of the stadium for the last five years. They also provided the catering inside the South Stand area of the stadium during the 2003-04 campaign.

From Os

Leicestershire company D and J Catering Ltd were today awarded the contract to manage public catering at the Walkers Stadium.

Based in Enderby, D and J are a key nationwide player in the events catering business, supplying their services to the likes of Glastonbury Festival, Download, Hyde Park, Knowsley Music Festival and Cream Fields.

D and J also have a wealth of experience in the sporting world, working as the main catering suppliers to Donnington Park Raceway and Rugby League side Bradford Bulls. In fact, their work at the Odsal Stadium saw them pick up the recent Super League 'Best Food' award.

Brothers John, David and Martin Greaves, who hail from the Saffron Lane area of the city, set up the business 1987 - and it has grown from strength to strength ever since.

The Greaves family are also keen Leicester City supporters - having followed the club through thick and thin from the late 1960s.

Managing Director John Greaves said: "We are absolutely delighted to have been awarded this contract. Leicester City are very close to our hearts and we feel that this is a great time to be involved with the football club.

"We are all Leicester through and through. We know what supporters want and we intend to deliver.

"Our mandate is to serve quality, reasonably priced products in the quickest possible time."

City Chief Executive, Tim Davies, added: "We are delighted that D and J catering are taking over our public catering. Both D and J and ourselves are very conscious that our fans need exceptional service and quality. D and J are committed to providing this.

"The Greaves family are well known for being big Leicester City supporters and I am sure they will do the club proud.

"We were extremely impressed with the way they ran our South Stand catering three years ago and we look forward to forging a solid working relationship over the coming months.

"D and J, our supporters and the football club have the same goal. One team - one dream."

D and J will also be sprucing up the concourse serving points ahead of the new campaign.

Greaves added: "We will be rebranding all of the serving points ahead of the new season. We will be investing heavily in new equipment to make sure that the whole operation runs as smoothly as possible."

Foxes fans will already be familiar with D and J - who have provided catering around the exterior of the stadium for the last five years. They also provided the catering inside the South Stand area of the stadium during the 2003-04 campaign.

I've only ever bought one burger from outside the City ground. That was last season and it was so badly cooked I had to take it back.

I've only ever bought one burger from outside the City ground. That was last season and it was so badly cooked I had to take it back.

I'll change the title then, not that i ever buy anything these days.

pies!!!!!!! they need to start doing chicken tikka curry and rice or even a nice curry burger...somthing totally different....

shhhhhhhhh your making me hungry!!! and my tea is still cooking. well im not in leicester to often but when i do come up i tend to buy a burgert or sommit from outside the gates and they are poor but that has nothing to do with the club i assume. but yer sounds good as long as its better than the pie i bought at Villa on a school football trip.

I for one will be writing a strongly worded letter of complaint! Old chaps

please do, and tell them that colonel wildbore-smythe (retired) is absolutely incandescent with rage and may take up huntin an shootin again if this sort of outrage is not put right

please do, and tell them that colonel wildbore-smythe (retired) is absolutely incandescent with rage and may take up huntin an shootin again if this sort of outrage is not put right

To be honest this outrage has reckindled my love for fox hunting and quails eggs!

• 5 weeks later...
Was a first for you Mr Playa, you didn't even get a fork.

lol

She just wouldn't let me leave without taking a random cup, I didn't even have a drink.

I thought this was all going to be changed :dunno:

Everyone should take a packed lunch to football from now on. At half-time, everyone whips out there lunch boxes (not in the Linford Christie way) and we can tuck into our Quavers, apple, Ham sandwiches and other treats that we have thrown in. The Birch can award a prize of a Mars Bar for the best lunchbox. :thumbup:

Sorry its an off the field matter but after the first half performance i thought id cheer myself and the kids up with a pie each.The bases of both the balti and steak and kidney pies where burnt and had solid bases.

So i went back down after the half time whistle to complain but all the shutters where shut.Ill try and sort it next home game.

Has anyone else had this pie problem ?

I was in the Family stand by the way

Sorry its an off the field matter but after the first half performance i thought id cheer myself and the kids up with a pie each.The bases of both the balti and steak and kidney pies where burnt and had solid bases.

So i went back down after the half time whistle to complain but all the shutters where shut.Ill try and sort it next home game.

Has anyone else had this pie problem ?

My pie was quite nice, not much filling though

Archived