Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pompeymiggss

How is life with "Mad Mandy"

Hi Buds , Jut wondered how life is with "Mad Mandy" i miss the guy to be truthful. Good luck in the new season and see yer at Fratton soon !!!!

Life with Mandy is fine and dandy. Thanks for asking.

He's given a lot of us renewed hope and that extra bit of passion.

Thanks for the best wishes which I reciprocate right back at you.

Hi Buds , Jut wondered how life is with "Mad Mandy" i miss the guy to be truthful. Good luck in the new season and see yer at Fratton soon !!!!

We'll see you at the Walkers sooner.

August 4th :P.

He's certainly bought a new lease of life to us, considering the position we were in not long ago. Today is the first time we've spent big money on a player, a possilbe 1m on Clemence. :unsure:

He's definately taking us in the right direction. Hopefully sooner than the three years he aims for. :thumbup:

Good luck next season.

things are looking much better than last year but compared to pompey's quite bleak :( i'm expecting big things from pompey this year and i think there is talk of U.S. investment into the club ; hope we can be up there with you soon but i fear not in the short term ; anyway enjoy pompeys success for the time being :thumbup:

He`s a top bloke although I am surprised we havent seen him in front of the camera that much this pre-season. Maybe he is saving it all for the season start lol. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

things are looking much better than last year but compared to pompey's quite bleak :( i'm expecting big things from pompey this year and i think there is talk of U.S. investment into the club ; hope we can be up there with you soon but i fear not in the short term ; anyway enjoy pompeys success for the time being :thumbup:

Cheers Bud, We have spent huge this summer (well for us) 23 Million i believe and have brought in some real quality to the squad. Talk about opposites with Sasha (new owner) and "Mandy", the new one is quiet like a mouse Fratton just doesn't seem the same without that mad Serb around. Milan loves the media but just never knows when to keep it zipped (we lost so many transfers that way) . Milan is a legend in Pompey and we owe him our success even if he did bring back "Judas". The American sniffing around is Kraft rich guy, but life under Sasha is good at present if only we can have the new super stadium build. We allso have a very flashy new OS heres the link if yer care to look

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/

Cheers Bud, We have spent huge this summer (well for us) 23 Million i believe and have brought in some real quality to the squad. Talk about opposites with Sasha (new owner) and "Mandy", the new one is quiet like a mouse Fratton just doesn't seem the same without that mad Serb around. Milan loves the media but just never knows when to keep it zipped (we lost so many transfers that way) . Milan is a legend in Pompey and we owe him our success even if he did bring back "Judas". The American sniffing around is Kraft rich guy, but life under Sasha is good at present if only we can have the new super stadium build. We allso have a very flashy new OS heres the link if yer care to look

good stuff :thumbup: that bloke with the drum ( mr john portsmouth westwood ) has really got summat to bang on about now ; how are the stadium plans going ? the last i heard there was deep suspicion that the waterfront stadium was not going ahead

good stuff :thumbup: that bloke with the drum ( mr john portsmouth westwood ) has really got summat to bang on about now ; how are the stadium plans going ? the last i heard there was deep suspicion that the waterfront stadium was not going ahead

The new stadium is on track, the local news are running scare story's about it and even suggested it would be a terrorist threat to the RN because some of the housing developments face the dockyard and with a RPG it was a risk PLM can you believe it !!. Big campaign for it called "just say yes" run by the quay radio, but what is exciting is that we are having a purposes built youth academy being built locally and with the "scummers" missing promotion its a good time to be a Pompey supporter.

bad idea to have it close to the water front do you think with all the global warming going on. :whistle:

Nice OS.

Please, just thrash the Sheep by more than 5 goals. They don't deserve to be in the Premiership in all fairness.

The new stadium is on track, the local news are running scare story's about it and even suggested it would be a terrorist threat to the RN because some of the housing developments face the dockyard and with a RPG it was a risk PLM can you believe it !!. Big campaign for it called "just say yes" run by the quay radio, but what is exciting is that we are having a purposes built youth academy being built locally and with the "scummers" missing promotion its a good time to be a Pompey supporter.

I'd like to wish you good luck for next year cos you seem a decent guy, but I just can't bring myself to say anything nice about Pompey. :D;)

You'll do well next year though, Harry's made some quality signings. :thumbup:

Even anticipating two or three mistakes with player signings I've been delighted with the extent of our joint leaders' commitment.

If anything they've been more aggressive than I imagined and one potential first teamer confirmed to a family friend that, while the three-year-plan remains, the mood in the dressing room is to give promotion a real go from the off.

I still think we're short of real talent in key areas. Including centre-forward.

I am, however, concerned about the apparent contradiction of Clemence coming here for what he suggests is guaranteed first team football while Martin Allen says he'll be picking the team strictly on merit.

Does that mean some players are being assured of a starting place assuming they're fit as, perhaps, the only way of getting such people to sign?

No I don't know that's the case. But it's a straightforward question which may or may not be answered.

I've suspected such deals in the past but think it's a divisive precedent for any manager to set. Assuming no manager wants bad players in his squad what happens if they all suddenly want a guaranteed starting place?

If our senior players are genuinely good enough they shouldn't have any worries about proving it and justifying their selection in the normal way.

Apart from that nagging concern, I doubt a single City fan would want to go back to the dour, uninspiring leadership of the last few years or the unerringly banal press comments of those times.

Football is about goals, entertainment and, of course, victories. I am quite sure Martin Allen and Milan Mandaric intend to provide all three.

My bottom line is this:

I believe in Milan Manderic.

I believe he is serious about getting to the Premiership and I believe that he will spend whatever it takes to get there. I believe that he has made a good choice in Allen and I think he has enabled us to get players that would otherwise not have come here. I believe that we are realistic in having a three year plan, I believe that the club is now on a much more professional footing and I believe that we now have a decent backroom to support the players. I believe that the training ground will aid our quest and that the use of a managerial consultant will have a positive effect on the club.

I believe that Milan will have no truck with people that can not move the club forward be they employees or fan-based committee members and I believe that loads of posters here should start apologising for the bollocks they posted before and during the takeover.

I believe that a whole number of people need a reality check when it comes to player signings and remember the time-scale to which we are working. I believe that a number of you should fess up to spouting crap before and during the take-over (where you questioned his integrity and ambition).

I believe that we are all sick of platitudes and crap marketing aimed at getting us to be 'in it together' and the like but I believe that we all saw what happens when we can be positive at the tail end of last season.

I believe that we helped to make a bunch of below-average under-performing players improve their game. I believe we would see something amazing on the pitch if we could carry that on into this season.

I believe that we have to be patient, I believe that the squad will take time to gel and I believe that I am more excited about the start of this season than for any previous season, ever. I believe that I am filled with hope for the future that, for once, I do not believe is misplaced.

Who do I believe is responsible for all of this? Milan Mandaric. :cool:

Is Mandy really mad??? Worrying if he is with Mad dog being the manager.

Yep Mandy is a total nutter but in the right way. I remember once when he was at Fratton trying to get hold of Rupert Low from the scummers and got told he could not speak to him because he was friggen DUCK HUNTING PML !! What did mad mandy do ? he went out and bought Rupert. a friggen duck delivered to St Fairys pml. If i was you lads id be happy with him in charge he will make things happen and then you have another Pompey old boy in the mad dog, another honest descent bloke and a born leader. Beat the scum you know you want to, they hate Milan with a vengeance ever since he told them to roll over its PFC turn.

Oh, I believe.

I believe above the storm

The smallest prayer, will still be heard.

I believe that someone in that great somewhere

Hears every word

Every time I hear a newborn baby cry,

Or touch a leaf

Or see the sky,

Then I know why I believe.

Every time I hear a newborn baby cry,

Or touch a leaf

Or see the sky,

Then I know why,

I believe :D

I'd like to wish you good luck for next year cos you seem a decent guy, but I just can't bring myself to say anything nice about Pompey. :D;)

You'll do well next year though, Harry's made some quality signings. :thumbup:

Cheers Bud, all the best to you too, lets forget that certain game(Well more like water polo) shall we dance.gifdance.gif

welcome.

good luck next term, personally i dont like pompey and only for the reason my old boss was a fan and would never shut up about them.

thanks for the posts wishing us luck. we could learn alot from your club and if milan was part of that im sure it can only help us. Martin Allen also reminds of big Harry who i am a fan of personally. i just hope MA sorts this bunch of players out into a winning team.

Archived