Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

The I want to talk football

He hasn't even conceded a goal scored by anyone other than Alan Sheehan yet. :whistle:

That doesn 't negate the weaknesses he did show?.

He'd have found it difficult to concede goals against opposition who hardly managed any shots between them.

But they did have some corners and many people thought he looked vulnerable and unconvincing in his appraoch to dealing with them.

That doesn 't negate the weaknesses he did show?.

He'd have found it difficult to concede goals against opposition who hardly managed any shots between them.

But they did have some corners and many people thought he looked vulnerable and unconvincing in his appraoch to dealing with them.

Yeah I know, you've already said all that, I was just wondering how much he'd have been pilloried if he'd actually conceded an opposition goal.

Personally I don't think it's healthy to slate new players before the season proper has started, especially if they've not done anything majorly wrong. It's this sort of attitude that leads to the boo-boys getting on particular players' backs and I don't think it helps one bit. I've slagged off players in the past and I'm sure I will again but I just don't like all these judgments being made on the back of two friendlies where he's conceded one own goal.

Yeah I know, you've already said all that, I was just wondering how much he'd have been pilloried if he'd actually conceded an opposition goal.

Personally I don't think it's healthy to slate new players before the season proper has started, especially if they've not done anything majorly wrong. It's this sort of attitude that leads to the boo-boys getting on particular players' backs and I don't think it helps one bit. I've slagged off players in the past and I'm sure I will again but I just don't like all these judgments being made on the back of two friendlies where he's conceded one own goal.

If he plays well he'll get praised, it's that simple.

But I'm sure he shouldn't be touted as our first choice goalkeeper just because he's a new signing and without showing anything to merit that rating.

If he plays well he'll get praised, it's that simple.

With respect - I have no faith in that statement whatsoever.

When I joined FT everyone had a hard-on for Danny, the lad couldn't do anything right for anyone...and was roundly poo-poo'd at the ground at the beginning of the season. This carried on until Xmas despite it being obvious that he was one of the few busting a gut on the pitch. Thanks to the vocal minority an attitude existed that meant people would be happy to crucify him.

I don't understand the mass vilification of Porter either, but fortunately for the lad there were others copping the flack - especially the Slimcea-lightness of Hughes.

Like it or not, when you and Barton come out and state that Nielsen is not up to the task there are going to be numbnuts on here that take it as gospel. They are going to be making comments at him before a single ball has been kicked in anger and that simply isn't right.

If it transpires that he has all the goal presence and coordination of a puppy on a frozen pond then I'll join you in condemnation once the season has started - Once the season has started!

Archived