Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Notts County match thread

He was good enough to get us singing rocking all over the world after the spurs game

Andy fooking Johnson could have done that if he banged a winner in against a Premiership club.

De Vries was part of our almost-relegation two seasons ago. He and Hume have been paired up before, to little or no real positive effect.

Worst of all - De Vries is now 18 months older than he was at the time, and has only scored a handful of goals since then. He spent all of last season on the bench for a side that got relegated from the top flight of Dutch football, if I'm not mistaken. Oh yeah... now I see why people are so keen to see him play for us again. :|

:rolleyes:

Was it just me who thought De Vries was cack at Hinckley ? He can't jump and when he tried to lob the keeper just about sum him right up. Why should we give him another chance ? When he was last playing down here he was probally the worst centre forward in our history. Just because he has lost about 2 stone not gonna make him into a better player. The guy is only good in scotland and that about sums up scottish football.

How? A pre-season friendly against Notts County?

2,000 at Quorn, 3,000 at Hinckley - might lead one to think there would be more than 4,000 at Leicester, especially as it's only a fiver. That's how.

I promise he won't. He's nowhere near good enough.

THANK YOU!! :thumbup:

losing weight does not turn god awful players into superstars!

my guess is his partner left him so he's shaping up now he's back on the market (that makes 2!)

oh and his goal against Spurs was a scuff - beautifully positioned just onside but i really genuinely think it was luck. i know i'm being so negative here but it frustrates me how people suddenly think some 30-odd year old is gonna turn from absolute cack to something decent after 2 massively unsuccessful loan spells!!!

THANK YOU!! :thumbup:

losing weight does not turn god awful players into superstars!

my guess is his partner left him so he's shaping up now he's back on the market (that makes 2!)

oh and his goal against Spurs was a scuff - beautifully positioned just onside but i really genuinely think it was luck. i know i'm being so negative here but it frustrates me how people suddenly think some 30-odd year old is gonna turn from absolute cack to something decent after 2 massively unsuccessful loan spells!!!

Nobody has said he will turn into a superstar, and if they have they're mad.

Of course losing weight doesn't turn poor players into superstars, but he's made an effort to win his place back in the starting 11 and I congratulate him for that.

Of course losing weight doesn't turn poor players into superstars, but he's made an effort to win his place back in the starting 11 and I congratulate him for that.

I agree :thumbup:

me too. i hope slim fast milkshakes improve footballing technical skills too :)

What about the season before last when he was dire and was one of the reasons we where league 1 bound. Now he has stop getting his daily KFC should we knight him ?

If Cort is going to spend the majority of his tenure with the medics De Vries could be our solo lump up front. I think it's fair to say the majorty of THAT team were dire, from top to bottom

Archived