Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CanaryNathan

My Chemical Romance

I think people greatly overestimate the "good old days." Popular music has always been rather watered down toss, that's because the majority want music as background noise. Not everyone's a fanatic, you know. It's easy to glorify past eras, but look at, say, Abba. Hardly reactionary, powerful and meaningful.

Benny and Bjorn from Abba wrote Chess donchaknow?

Musical snobbery at its worst!

This may surprise some, but I like MCR. I also like Fall Out Boy, and other bands of that ilk. Ok, they offer nothing new musically, they don't touch my soul with deep and meaningful lyrics, I don't get any orgasmic pleasure by listening to them.

So f***ing what?

I don't always want to listen to something that's life-changing or groundbreaking. I quite often want to listen to something that is easy, inoffensive and doesn't require me to 'think'. I can't be rebellious all of the time, guys!

Musical snobbery at its worst!

This may surprise some, but I like MCR. I also like Fall Out Boy, and other bands of that ilk. Ok, they offer nothing new musically, they don't touch my soul with deep and meaningful lyrics, I don't get any orgasmic pleasure by listening to them.

So f***ing what?

I don't always want to listen to something that's life-changing or groundbreaking. I quite often want to listen to something that is easy, inoffensive and doesn't require me to 'think'. I can't be rebellious all of the time, guys!

Have to agree - was thinking I was alone in liking MCR reading most of the quoters. Just because something is popular doesn't mean its a bad thing.

Not every song has to be Cohen or Buckley... :whistle:

Have to agree - was thinking I was alone in liking MCR reading most of the quoters. Just because something is popular doesn't mean its a bad thing.

Agreed

What, good?

:cool:

What's the point of listening to music if I can's be snobby, ey?

It's political correctness gone mad!!

I'm ashamed of you, Lisa. Ashamed. ASHAMED.

It could be worse; I could like Take That. :mellow:

NB. For the record, Lisa has no appreciation for the works of the popular music combination plying it's trade under the name of "Take That". Lisa would also like it known that musical snobbery has a time and a place, and where Gary Barlow is concerned, it is considered the correct time and place, regardless. Lisa is a fully paid up member supporting hypocrisy. :thumbup:

Opinions are for losers. You either accept I'm right or you're wrong! See how this works? :cool:

I can see it, but it doesn't work like that. Not in my house.

Archived