Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CanaryNathan

My Chemical Romance

Err...we're not popular mate, that might be why.

We're hardly marginalised though either.

I don't know what we are. It's not cool though.

*thinks*

Misunderstood - that's what we are. Like Pink and Amy Winehouse and that Osbourne girl. Only more masculine (but undeniably foppish). Misunderstood. Too deep. Too soulful. Our problem is... we feel. We feel too much. Feel too much and think too much. Tender.

Excuse me, can you move along a bit? My mate will be back in a minute.

Heh, they aren't indie. Just emo. Aren't you an Arctic Monkeys fan, anyway? That's pretty indie. :P

Nope. I am partial to the frattelis though. Kasabian arn't bad either. Apart from that indie doesn't really tickle my fancy.

Thank fook. I was starting to think the entire board digged indie, tbh. I wouldn't mind, but it isn't even proper indie!

hefner.jpg

THAT's indie.

Indie is guffy nut pate at the moment, you only have to go to Mosh and you won't hear anything that makes you think "what's this track, it's awesome" all night. Why? Because it's all bollucks

May Andrew Eldritch eat their souls.

What is it with this thing anyway?

When I left the country Goths were funny little things who used to be punks but decided on make-up instead. Some bands were cool, some were hippyish - but it was a reasonable. In the intervening period of time while I was abroad it transmuted into a scene for kiddiewinks and is to goth what Green Day and Blink182 are to punk.

And while I'm at it - are these new mini-Goths prohibited from laughing naturally? It seems the only time they smile is when they are shaking around another goth, dangling from their apparel in a fashion resemblant of a person with rickets.

Music used to have anger and spunk to it - now it seems that either everyone is morose. Where's the rage? If my daughter comes home with a goth I'll punch her in the tits...that's punk for you.

As for My Chemical Romance: what a bunch of contrived, meaningless twats.

Couldn't agree with you more. Like I said, may Andrew Eldritch eat their souls. Partly why I guess I've fallen in love with the folk-punk scene. All art's an imitation of something, there's nothing truly original, but at least they're trying something fairly unspoilt. The Pogues might have been doing it decades ago but there's still more originality, power, emotion and raw fooking ANGER in the average Tossers song then the entire MCR back catalogue.

It doesn't matter to me if they're plastic-Paddies. They could be a band full of DanBhoyFoxes for all I care (jus' joshin you, boyo), when you can come out with something like the Ballad of NATO or Mad Riot you're going to get my attention. All this whiney, miserable, "I'm not ookaaayy, I promise!" bullshit just makes me want to torch their hair.

If you don't have anything that gets you emotionally worked up, you just shouldn't be permitted to write a record, IMO.

Couldn't agree with you more. Like I said, may Andrew Eldritch eat their souls. Partly why I guess I've fallen in love with the folk-punk scene. All art's an imitation of something, there's nothing truly original, but at least they're trying something fairly unspoilt. The Pogues might have been doing it decades ago but there's still more originality, power, emotion and raw fooking ANGER in the average Tossers song then the entire MCR back catalogue.

It doesn't matter to me if they're plastic-Paddies. They could be a band full of DanBhoyFoxes for all I care (jus' joshin you, boyo), when you can come out with something like the Ballad of NATO or Mad Riot you're going to get my attention. All this whiney, miserable, "I'm not ookaaayy, I promise!" bullshit just makes me want to torch their hair.

If you don't have anything that gets you emotionally worked up, you just shouldn't be permitted to write a record, IMO.

now we were talking!!!

MCR are nothing more than another one on the long list of musical sell outs while The Tossers are bl00dy brilliant!!

they are stop gap band for 12 year olds in between buying the Crazy Frog CD and discovering real music!!

What is it with this thing anyway?

When I left the country Goths were funny little things who used to be punks but decided on make-up instead. Some bands were cool, some were hippyish - but it was a reasonable. In the intervening period of time while I was abroad it transmuted into a scene for kiddiewinks and is to goth what Green Day and Blink182 are to punk.

And while I'm at it - are these new mini-Goths prohibited from laughing naturally? It seems the only time they smile is when they are shaking around another goth, dangling from their apparel in a fashion resemblant of a person with rickets.

Music used to have anger and spunk to it - now it seems that either everyone is morose. Where's the rage? If my daughter comes home with a goth I'll punch her in the tits...that's punk for you.

As for My Chemical Romance: what a bunch of contrived, meaningless twats.

Agreed the mini-goth thing is rubbish. Since when did goth be about elaborate radio friendly rock songs anyway? The mini-goth/emo thing is all so whiny. Its I'm f**ked up as opposed to the world is f**ked up nowadays and musically no one is prepared to take any risks at the moment. Music feels so safe. Give me the Velvet Underground or Jesus & Mary Chain anyday of the week :cool:

Agreed the mini-goth thing is rubbish. Since when did goth be about elaborate radio friendly rock songs anyway? The mini-goth/emo thing is all so whiny. Its I'm f**ked up as opposed to the world is f**ked up nowadays and musically no one is prepared to take any risks at the moment. Music feels so safe. Give me the Velvet Underground or Jesus & Mary Chain anyday of the week :cool:

It's not just a lack of risk taking on the part of musicians. If you look hard enough you'll find some innovative, new (or at least original) sounds. The problem is also partly to do with the fact that we, as the consumers (and the media) are becoming more risk averse and therefore these innovative producers/bands/dj's/composers etc don't receive the recognition they deserve.

People too easily lap up the production-line pop (and in that bracket I count a lot of indie, rock, rnb, etc) that we get pelted with as opposed to challenging themselves with more interesting sounds. These generic sounds generate cash and fund the next round of boredom. It's a vicious cycle.

I think people greatly overestimate the "good old days." Popular music has always been rather watered down toss, that's because the majority want music as background noise. Not everyone's a fanatic, you know. It's easy to glorify past eras, but look at, say, Abba. Hardly reactionary, powerful and meaningful.

I think people greatly overestimate the "good old days." Popular music has always been rather watered down toss, that's because the majority want music as background noise. Not everyone's a fanatic, you know. It's easy to glorify past eras, but look at, say, Abba. Hardly reactionary, powerful and meaningful.

Good point. But then there was loads of great records coming out that were the anti-thesis of Abba. I don't see that happening at the moment.

It's not just a lack of risk taking on the part of musicians. If you look hard enough you'll find some innovative, new (or at least original) sounds. The problem is also partly to do with the fact that we, as the consumers (and the media) are becoming more risk averse and therefore these innovative producers/bands/dj's/composers etc don't receive the recognition they deserve.

People too easily lap up the production-line pop (and in that bracket I count a lot of indie, rock, rnb, etc) that we get pelted with as opposed to challenging themselves with more interesting sounds. These generic sounds generate cash and fund the next round of boredom. It's a vicious cycle.

Correct.

Quite simply - if there is an appetite for it.. appreciation for it... and money to be made by doing it... it will be done.

That's why we have so much sh it, throwaway music right now. It's what people want.

Archived