Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

New signings so far.

i think its to early to start judging players before they have played a competitive match but if you are going to judge them how can you give nielsen a 5.5 and say he's a minus and then give hellings a 5 and say he's neutral

Because it's Thracian and his meaningless numbers - he gets all his opinions from his pets you know :thumbup:

i think its to early to start judging players before they have played a competitive match but if you are going to judge them how can you give nielsen a 5.5 and say he's a minus and then give hellings a 5 and say he's neutral

Because Hellings hasn't played long enough to give a more conclusive impression. What little he's done has seemed quite competent without being noticeably effective or, indeed, urgent enough.

Nielsen has played much longer during his time here and has looked unconvincing.

Because Hellings hasn't played long enough to give a more conclusive impression. What little he's done has seemed quite competent without being noticeably effective or, indeed, urgent enough.

Nielsen has played much longer during his time here and has looked unconvincing.

*shakes head in utter disbelief*

thracian why are you rating players youve hardly seen play , like sappleton FFS give them time its not like they have been playing here for years

I've acknowledged that in Sappleton's case. Hence his neutral rating.

I love the way in true Leicester style we seem to be writing off players before they have even worn a shirt in anger!!

to judge a players ability on the back of a few pre season friendlies is just ridiculous!!!

to give someone like Campbell a score of 5 and say lots of hype but no substance is pathetic, the bloke has been here ONE week and played bit parts in a couple of friendlies while being miles behind in his fitness levels and already his ability is being questioned, it's just crazy...

and infact to give any players scores when they haven't played any competitive football is just plain silly imo

No point arguing with Thracian. He's never wrong. :frusty::rolleyes:

By the way, I agree completely. I couldn't care less about friendlies, they are practice exercises that nobody takes seriously...apart from certain fans obviously.

Hayes is pretty rubbish and useless in all of the game's I've seen him feature in. He's by far the worst signing we have made this season - he looks like a youth teamer stepping up but isn't quite there yet. He's out of his depth, far too greedy and too weak.

How many games have you seen him play?

Can't judge half of them yet. Going to wait until I've seen them play a few competitive games before I declare myself "disappointed" or otherwise.

Oh go on, join with the pointless score systems and PLUS MINUS NEUTRAL, BLACK IS BLACK, WHITE IS WHITE way of looking at things, whip the board up into a frenzy over nothing. It's the in thing to do.

No point arguing with Thracian. He's never wrong. :frusty::rolleyes:

By the way, I agree completely. I couldn't care less about friendlies, they are practice exercises that nobody takes seriously...apart from certain fans obviously.

I'd love to ask Martin Allen if he takes friendlies seriously.

Unless he's changed over the last fortnight he hates losing the toss let alone a football match.

I'd love to ask Martin Allen if he takes friendlies seriously.

Unless he's changed over the last fortnight he hates losing the toss let alone a football match.

Nobody likes losing, but we can't read too much into one game. One game against a decent team.

Jonny Hayes has been decent, would like to see him in the squad.

he's a decent player but when we played county he looked really unfit, yes of course it will improve but he plays LM and personally I'd say he'd be 3rd choice to mattock and levo :thumbup:

he's a decent player but when we played county he looked really unfit, yes of course it will improve but he plays LM and personally I'd say he'd be 3rd choice to mattock and levo :thumbup:

Agreed :thumbup:

I love the way in true Leicester style we seem to be writing off players before they have even worn a shirt in anger!!

to judge a players ability on the back of a few pre season friendlies is just ridiculous!!!

to give someone like Campbell a score of 5 and say lots of hype but no substance is pathetic, the bloke has been here ONE week and played bit parts in a couple of friendlies while being miles behind in his fitness levels and already his ability is being questioned, it's just crazy...

and infact to give any players scores when they haven't played any competitive football is just plain silly imo

Why should he behind anyone else fitness wise? Presumably he was back for pre-season at Brum at the same time as everyone else.

personally ive only been down to the notts county game which i thought we played really well in.

the point i'm going to make is this. yes we have signed alot of players in pre-season and yes you can argue that not all of them are the best signings in the world

theres a few young unproven ones hayes, sappleton

theres a few older more experienced ones n'gotty cort

you could also argue that milans not really splashed as much cash as we had all hoped but i feel what he has done with all the players he's bought in has improved the squad compared to what we had this time last year.

so while you can say hes bought in 12 players and there not all brilliant, looking at the squad as a whole it looks a lot healthier than it did this time last season. there seems to be a better team atmosphere as a whole and theres some competition for places now.

who knows the 2-3 more players he's bringing in could be the coles, murphys we would like to see here they could well be the quality signings were all looking for to take us forward

but personally i think the signings he's made have been an improvement on what we have had, so in that respect there good signings straightaway..

im not gonna mark the players out of 10 until ive seen them play together 5 or so times in competitive games

maybe then i can start comparing hellings, chambers, sappleton to peter canero (remember him?) josh low and i dunno lee marshall.

but until then im gonna keep the faith and give them a fair crack because who knows they might just pull off getting out of this division.

I haven't seen any pre-season games so I cant offer a judgment yet. Also, before we start rating players can we pleeeeeeeeeease give them a chance to settle in and not expect them at full pelt from the get-go.

All in all, the signings have improved the squad drastically, much of last seasons dead wood has been sold and the rest is on the list and we could still add 3 or 4 new faces before the transfer window slams shut. Things are on the up. :thumbup:

Archived