Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Fukin London

:mad: Ok, I know most of your not but i'm pretty close to Brum (about 15/20 minutes) and Birmingham is the second city in England so why doesn't Birmingham or lets say midlands? We don't get the national stadium, we lose the motor show, why does London get everything and Midlands nothing, I mean why should some people travel from one end of the country to the other, when if things such as the national stadium we in the midlands, it would vertually be you guessed it ;) in the middle of the country :mad:

I like going for a couple of days to London, but I do fukin hate London sometimes :mad:

As somebody who loves London, was born in London and will live in London when I get back to the UK, I totally agree with your comments about stadia etc. I am afraid to say that the UK is far too London centric. If I had my way, I would place Parliament somewhere in a rough triangle marked by Birmingham, Leicester and Sheffield. ;):thumbup:

:mad: Ok, I know most of your not but i'm pretty close to Brum (about 15/20 minutes) and Birmingham is the second city in England so why doesn't Birmingham or lets say midlands? We don't get the national stadium, we lose the motor show, why does London get everything and Midlands nothing, I mean why should some people travel from one end of the country to the other, when if things such as the national stadium we in the midlands, it would vertually be you guessed it ;) in the middle of the country :mad:

I like going for a couple of days to London, but I do fukin hate London sometimes :mad:

68318[/snapback]

Moan moan moan...

68318[/snapback]

Moan moan moan...

68340[/snapback]

Bloody annoyed that London have nicked the motor show from Brum - London is a pain to get to - at least brum is pretty much half way (hence the name 'The Midlands' I guess) Not that Ive ever been to the motor show but you get my point.

As Steven said, everything is far too London-centric in this country. The media and everybody (well most) people from London think London is the greatest city in the world...and that all the main events should be in London. It would have made a lot more financial sense to build the new wembley in the midlands, as well as making it easier for people across the country to access, Unfortunately the people with the most power in this country are based in or around London and are just looking out in their own interests without considering the rest of the nation.

68318[/snapback]

Moan moan moan...

68340[/snapback]

...well all the replys to this thread basically agree with me, so there moaning too? ;)

i love the fact that london 'gets everything' but then londoners moan about having to pay much more for stuff because 'everyone wants to go to london'

hope fully when these government departments move out to the provinces :rolleyes: and some of the bbc moves to manchester, then more things will be done outside of london.

having said that a few years ago a thing like the space centre would of been put down south somewhere

Yeah but London is actually nice in terms of archatetcture and is just genrally a muc more pelasent place ot be than Birmingham. I can't ever imagine wanting to spend FA cup final just off the spaghetti junction!

London is not evenhard to get to, motorway access and the countries only decent railroad network. If you are rally rich it has even got 4 commerical airports!

Yeah but London is actually nice in terms of archatetcture and is just genrally a muc more pelasent place ot be than Birmingham. I can't ever imagine wanting to spend FA cup final just off the spaghetti junction!

London is not evenhard to get to, motorway access and the countries only decent railroad network. If you are rally rich it has even got 4 commerical airports!

68730[/snapback]

Its a myth that Spag Jct is a nightmare - I was on it today in fact - it was great!

Archived