Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

James Chambers

Thought he was excellent today - a vast improvement on Stearman and Maybury. So nice to see a full-back who is so firmly committed to attacking as well as defending and will provide an outlet at every opportunity.

Hopefully his injury is not too serious as I thought he was our man of the match today.

The thought of him and Ka'abi on our right side this season is startling. Opposition left-backs are going to have their hands full. Fingers crossed we can make the most of it.

Thought he was excellent today - a vast improvement on Stearman and Maybury. So nice to see a full-back who is so firmly committed to attacking as well as defending and will provide an outlet at every opportunity.

Hopefully his injury is not too serious as I thought he was our man of the match today.

The thought of him and Ka'abi on our right side this season is startling. Opposition left-backs are going to have their hands full. Fingers crossed we can make the most of it.

Agree entirely.

He was playing LB for Cardiff (when they were top) last season maybe we should try him on the left :unsure:

If he has someone playing in front of him who he can combine with going forwards then his work will be even more rewarding for the team. Our midfield seemed unbalanced a lot of the time today and there didn't seem to be a fixed right midfielder or winger for Chambers to over-lap and play one-twos with. He can't have as much of an impact on the game in an attacking sense if he's working the right channel on his own and I think he was for large periods of today.

He was playing LB for Cardiff (when they were top) last season maybe we should try him on the left :unsure:

Yeah, arguably a man-of-the-match performance on his debut, let's play him somewhere else!

I'm still clinging onto a vague hope that we might actually sign a left-back at some point this decade.

Yeah, arguably a man-of-the-match performance on his debut, let's play him somewhere else!

I'm still clinging onto a vague hope that we might actually sign a left-back at some point this decade.

It's good to know we have some versatility in the team but if he's the best LB we've got we should play him there! I'm happy either way he was getting some stick on here pre-season so it's nice to have something good come out of the game. Injuries aside that is!

It's good to know we have some versatility in the team but if he's the best LB we've got we should play him there! I'm happy either way he was getting some stick on here pre-season so it's nice to have something good come out of the game. Injuries aside that is!

He's poor at Left back, at least he was in pre-season.

He was only getting stick for his performances at left-back!

Agreed was one of only 3 today who I feel can come out with a degreee of pride along with MDV and N'Gotty, at times Chambers seemed to be doing his and Newtons job and looked our main attacking threat I'm afraid to say.

:laugh: No, it's true. If you look back at the threads he had a shocker every time he played LB and looked solid every time he played RB. He needs to play right-back for us basically. He could well be a key player for us.

Cheers buddy :thumbup:

Hopefully he'll be OK for next week then, don't think we should rush him back for the Accie game :unsure:

Agreed. :D

Good performance, hope his injury isn't too serious.

Him and Kaebi are a mouth watering prospect :D :D :D

If he has someone playing in front of him who he can combine with going forwards then his work will be even more rewarding for the team. Our midfield seemed unbalanced a lot of the time today and there didn't seem to be a fixed right midfielder or winger for Chambers to over-lap and play one-twos with. He can't have as much of an impact on the game in an attacking sense if he's working the right channel on his own and I think he was for large periods of today.

He could have had someone up to a few days ago! :whistle:

When I think of how many right wingers we've used over the last 12 months while never using the only decent one we've got it makes me weep...

Sylla, Low, Hughes, Stearman, Wesolowski, Yeates, Newton...

I thought he was the best player on the park and I am quite excited about the thought of him linking up with Kaebi as they alternate as both are comfortable in attacking and defending. Im optimistic about that side of the park :rolleyes:

Agree with the comments re Chambers, thought he had a very good debut today, hope the injury isn't bad!

Bruno and McCauley looked competent and thought Mattock also did well, particularly for his age. Clemence looks a good aquisition also.

Thought MA's comments on the club site were just about spot on. Whilst I felt completely deflated today I don't go along with all the 'doom merchant's ' comments just yet.

Whilst I must admit I did have to sigh when I saw De Lump come on to start the game, if he has played well in pre-season then I have to go with MA as I've always been a believer in picking your 'form' players (albeit only pre-season) as opposed to mere reputation. As it turned out, I don't think he did too bad, particularly in the first half. I would of perhaps replaced him with Fryatt later on but in fairness, MA had one forced change because of Chambers.

All in all, after mulling it over, not all doom and gloom just yet. Did see some promising signs!

Cheers.

Archived