Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

So it was Mark de Vries fault Hume was ineffective

Just interested after a game where hit the woodwork twice and held the ball up fairly well all game, what would he have had to do for you not to slag him off?

He didn't play badly yesterday and still he gets a slagging on here from people who are just stubbornly refusing to give him a clean slate. I just wish that 25-yard effort in the first half had gone in - I'd have loved to have seen your reaction. An inch or two to the right and it would have been a contender for goal of the season.

that was awesome i flew out my seat the day would have been so much better if that went bar and in :-)

Is it just me, or is everyone complaining about the strike force when the main concern in yesterdays match was the sheer lack of any shape or control in midfield?

I for one was very excited when clemence signed but him and kishishev yesterday looked unfit and very ineffective.

The only bright spark from midfield was when Hayes came on and actually played like a winger.

This meant that we didn't have people playing out of position (weselowski on the wing) and actually gave us an option wide and allowed us to stretch the play.

I am not worried about the strike force it is the midfield that is the problem from what i saw yesterday?????!!!!!

:welcome:

I heard De Vries hit a decent shot on the edge of the box?

What else did he do?

I also heard he missed quite an easy header/close range chance...

I should go to games :P

the "easy" header as you called it was dropping over his shoulder and he stretched got the gheaded left the keeper for dead only for it to smack the bar

the "easy" header as you called it was dropping over his shoulder and he stretched got the gheaded left the keeper for dead only for it to smack the bar

i agree :thumbup: his 1st shot was better than decent it was almost inch perfect as was the control to set it up & it just unluckily hit the bar & he did well to get to the header at all!

i still don't think he should be one of our 1st choice strikers tho

Since he came back from The Netherlands, MDV has impressed me. Like most of our forwards, he doesn't like the long ball/hoof, he's seems more comfortable when the ball is played on the floor to him. This suggests to me (as already mentioned) the problem lies elsewhere, and taking it out on the "target" man is a tad unfair.

Is it just me, or is everyone complaining about the strike force when the main concern in yesterdays match was the sheer lack of any shape or control in midfield?

I for one was very excited when clemence signed but him and kishishev yesterday looked unfit and very ineffective.

The only bright spark from midfield was when Hayes came on and actually played like a winger.

This meant that we didn't have people playing out of position (weselowski on the wing) and actually gave us an option wide and allowed us to stretch the play.

I am not worried about the strike force it is the midfield that is the problem from what i saw yesterday?????!!!!!

Any more remarks like that about Hayes and they'll be sending him out on loan... :D

Completely agree with you, the starting midfield set up was a joke.

De Vries was one of our better players yesterday! We need to realise he is not a target man who will win headers, but we should remember chest height or below he can hold the ball up and has a decent first touch! Was not De Vries fault tht Hume was ineffective, I feel it was a team thing as the supply to either striker was not great, also the support them two recieved wasn't the best!

Mark de Vries played well and Hume wasn't ineffective. We had tons of shots and their keeper had a blinder. We'd have had even more chances if we'd cut out the hopeful long balls and played through the quality midfield we've waited for for so long instead of over it.

Christ.

For me, Hume should be playing an attacking midfield role. As a striker he drops too deep and is never in the box when you need him (because he's been runnng around like a headless chicken trying to win the ball back) and we've not got a natural attacking midfielder at the moment. Plus he has the skill and technique to play in midfield, and he has a great shot on him if he gets the ball outside the box. That would allow 3 attacking players to be in the team without actually making it unbalanced.

For me, Hume should be playing an attacking midfield role. As a striker he drops too deep and is never in the box when you need him (because he's been runnng around like a headless chicken trying to win the ball back) and we've not got a natural attacking midfielder at the moment. Plus he has the skill and technique to play in midfield, and he has a great shot on him if he gets the ball outside the box. That would allow 3 attacking players to be in the team without actually making it unbalanced.

What I dont want to see MA do is to start playing players that he doesn't want to drop in positions that they may not excel in. Weso is not a wide midfielder and RK made that mistake last season with Hughes. Hume is a good player but don't just play him and then sling people like DJ on the right wing to accommodate everyone!

Your bitter obsession with Hume is just as bad as others with MDV.

Have you skipped your medication lately :dunno:

I have no obsession with Hume I know and understand exactly what he has to offer, but what I can not abide the inane ramblings of most on here or who sit round me that he is some sort of superstar.

If ever there was a player who is going to take the wrong option then it is Iain Hume.

Archived