Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Rampant infection

Hume Calls For Professional Approach

Posted on: Mon 13 Aug 2007

Iain Hume believes there can be no room for complacency when the Foxes take on League Two outfit Accrington Stanley in the first round of the Carling Cup tomorrow evening (7.45).

City have never locked horns with Stanley before but Hume is expecting nothing less than a 'scrap' at the Fraser Eagle Stadium.

"It is certainly not going to be easy," admitted the 23-year-old striker. "I played there a few years ago for Tranmere Reserves and it's a tough place to go and play your football.

"We will be expected to win the game but we must take it seriously, work together as a team and put on a professional performance.

"If we do that then I am sure we will get the right result. We must be professional and do our jobs."

The Foxes bowed out of the Carling Cup at the third round stage to Aston Villa last season but Hume is hoping they can progress even further this time around.

"A cup run is always good and that's why we must approach games like this in the right way," he added.

"It's important that we put Saturday's disappointing result against Blackpool behind us and move forward."

Hume partnered Mark de Vries up front at the weekend and it was the big Dutch striker who hit the woodwork on two separate occasions.

And Hume has nothing but praise for the hitman.

"It's been a tough year-and-a-half for him but he's come back fitter and sharper and has been brilliant.

"I am enjoying playing with him because he takes a lot of weight off my shoulders; the ball gets played up to him rather than me and that allows me to do my job a bit more.

"Hopefully myself, big Mark and DJ can start scoring goals over the coming matches.

"In the next game we might create half the chances we did on Saturday, but score three or four goals."

"I am enjoying playing with him because he takes a lot of weight off my shoulders; the ball gets played up to him rather than me and that allows me to do my job a bit more.

"Hopefully myself, big Mark and DJ can start scoring goals over the coming matches.

"In the next game we might create half the chances we did on Saturday, but score three or four goals."

I would prefer an out and out striker who can score simple goals to play alongside MDV. ;):thumbup:

Iain Hume believes there can be no room for complacency when the Foxes take on League Two outfit Accrington Stanley in the first round of the Carling Cup tomorrow evening (7.45).

City have never locked horns with Stanley before but Hume is expecting nothing less than a 'scrap' at the Fraser Eagle Stadium.

"It is certainly not going to be easy," admitted the 23-year-old striker. "I played there a few years ago for Tranmere Reserves and it's a tough place to go and play your football.

"We will be expected to win the game but we must take it seriously, work together as a team and put on a professional performance.

"If we do that then I am sure we will get the right result. We must be professional and do our jobs."

The Foxes bowed out of the Carling Cup at the third round stage to Aston Villa last season but Hume is hoping they can progress even further this time around.

"A cup run is always good and that's why we must approach games like this in the right way," he added.

"It's important that we put Saturday's disappointing result against Blackpool behind us and move forward."

Hume partnered Mark de Vries up front at the weekend and it was the big Dutch striker who hit the woodwork on two separate occasions.

"It's been a tough year-and-a-half for him but he's come back fitter and sharper and has been brilliant.

looks like MDV has taken alot of weight off of his own shoulders.. was suprised how trim he looked..

I have to say that if MA is picking on Fryatt as a symbol as last year's shambolics, he'd be better off picking on Hume. And if MM is using Fryatt as his cash pot, he's being fooking thick. Using Fryatt in the team and getting him to score would surely raise his value after an injury-hit season.

he can't jump for headers, can't run, can't cross, can't pass, can't finish. Id love to see him come on as a sub and sprint onto the field like he cares about Leicester City, or at least look like he is making an effort but he never does. I hope Fryatt is sold.

Surely it should be your thread titles' girlfriends who should be worried.

Either way any compliment of any sort or source is not very welcome. Mockery please.

Disclaimer: that cannot be translated into an affront to the my girl. Even though I doubt she know I love to waste my time here.

WTF would that be :dunno:

Archived