Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nath

Marton Fulop & Clive Clarke

Nothing seems to of been mentioned about them as yet, so;

Marton fulop yesterday had a decent performance.

Nothing he could of done for either of the goal imo.

He made a few great saves, including one he superbly tipped over the bar after a 1 on 1, and the other a great save from a goal bounded header.

Martin Allen quoted in his post match chat that he thinks he is 7 foot 6... i think he was exagerating, but this keep is massive!

A good signing,

better keeper than Henderson. (on yesterdays performance)

Clive Clarke yesterday looked solid and comfortable on the ball. he linked up well with sheehan and porter when he came on.

He looked a strong defender with pace and height.

On yesterdays performance, i think he would be a good contributor to our left back

His throw fairly good?

He threw it past the half way line before it even bounced, and it went straight to the man.

Now thats better than good :D

Henderson can't even kick it that far without it bouncing!! :D

Fulop had a good game I thought, looked fairly confident when coming for crosses although he did drop one of them. He made a great save at 1-0 to keep us in the game, great move from Palace in the build up. Hopefully he can carry this form and improve!

Clarke, didn't really do anything to stand out, but as Allen said, all he wants him to do is the simple things, and I think he did them well. He offered good support to Porter when he came on.

So far, they both look like good signings.

Both looked good, although Fulop flapped a couple of times ala Henderson. Clarke was more than adequate but seemed injured towards the end after mole-face studded him. Wasn't it him that gave away the needless freekick for their equaliser?

All-in-all a promising performance.

I was really impressed with Clarke who was really solid but may not have been match fit as he tired towards the end. Fulop just looks like a confident keeper and his stature reminds me of Kalac who didnt make it with us lol. Lets hope Fulop continues to impress because he managed to make a couple of great saves, one in particular.

Nothing seems to of been mentioned about them as yet, so;

Marton fulop yesterday had a decent performance.

Nothing he could of done for either of the goal imo.

He made a few great saves, including one he superbly tipped over the bar after a 1 on 1, and the other a great save from a goal bounded header.

Martin Allen quoted in his post match chat that he thinks he is 7 foot 6... i think he was exagerating, but this keep is massive!

A good signing,

better keeper than Henderson. (on yesterdays performance)

Clive Clarke yesterday looked solid and comfortable on the ball. he linked up well with sheehan and porter when he came on.

He looked a strong defender with pace and height.

On yesterdays performance, i think he would be a good contributor to our left back

:whistle:

The first goal went straight through him in the half of goal he was supposed to be covering. I would have been surprised if Hendo wouldn't have stopped that. Let's also not forget the complete hash he made of a cross in the 2nd half which presented an open goal to a Palace player who somehow managed to cock it up. On the plus side much more willing to distribute to defence than Hendo and an excellent save at 1-0 which may have put the game beyond us had it gone in. Get real though the guy is no better than Hendo.

Get real though the guy is no better than Hendo.

... he's got a foreign sounding, exotic name though! He has to be better! :o

Having said that, I've heard some good things from folks who were at the game, still far to early to give a verdict on either player but based on what I've heard and how he's performed in the past I'd rate Fulop as being better than Hendo, not dramatically so perhaps, but noticeable (could of course be proven wrong).

definetly good additions to the squad and we might even sign them on perm deal as coventry tried to but couldnt come up with the cash and i cnat see us not being able to handle this one

The first goal went straight through him in the half of goal he was supposed to be covering. I would have been surprised if Hendo wouldn't have stopped that. Let's also not forget the complete hash he made of a cross in the 2nd half which presented an open goal to a Palace player who somehow managed to cock it up. On the plus side much more willing to distribute to defence than Hendo and an excellent save at 1-0 which may have put the game beyond us had it gone in. Get real though the guy is no better than Hendo.

No it didn't

It went by him, after a big deflection.

Heard the game on RL sounded as if Fulop and Clarke both had good games.

According to the report Palaces first goal took a deflection on it's way in.

Clarke didn't seem to put a foot wrong, just a good reliable steady defender.

Both signings seem to be exactly what we needed.

Lets hope we continue to improve our squad accordingly.

i'm not saying that fulop is any better than hendo but fulop only made one mistake all game that could of lead to a goal and you can't really judge a player when you have only seen them play once where as hendersen makes a few mistakes a game. :unsure:

I wouldn't call them a solution just yet but from what I saw yesterday I was happy. Fulop looks like he'll be a good keeper and Clarke looks like he'll do a steady job, nothing more, nothing less.

So far so good :thumbup:

Although I questioned the pair of them when I heard they'd signed it's nice to know they had a good first game-vital for a keeper imo.

Fulop had a good game, as did Clarke.

Both were great in parts, and poor in others.

They are great to have in the squad.

I think to say he is better than Hendo after one game is stupid.

I'm sure both will be great competition for each other, fighting to be number 1 choice.

Strange why Sunderland have loaned him out, and then registered a 44 year old as a goalkeeper in their squad!???

Just shows your never to old hey!

Any one else see that?

Archived