Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

10/1 fifth favs

Our odds have actually shortened to win the league now :unsure:

Weren't we eighth or ninth favs at the start of the season?

I dont know where you get those odds from mate but you are getting ripped off! Most bookies have us at 14s with odds varying between 11s and 16/1. We are generally 7th or 8th in most betting markets with most firms. http://www.oddschecker.com/football/englis...ship/win-market

If you'll offer me 1000-1 then I'll stick a grand on and lay us on Betfair and take a couple of years off work.

With your recent history of betting on City, I'd keep your cash in your pocket.

50-1 to go down, wasn't it? :D

Ladbroke's

Swizzling bastards!

It definitely pays to shop around mate. Today I had a bet on a conference game and after initially going into the bookies to place the bet (with Corals) I was shocked that the thieving barstewards wouldn't take the bet at the odds on the sheet. It was a big bet for me but not compared to the silly money that is bet on football. I went in to back Stevenage at 10/11 as they were 8/11 with Hills and worse in other places and the moose behind the counter would only give me £140 at 10/11 and then 4/5 for the rest of my money and if i went over £500, 8/11! I couldnt believe it. She was making the odds up after speaking to some prat on the phone! She must have thought that the game was fixed! I came home and placed the same bet on the net and got the odds I had originally wanted. Cheating thieving sods the lot of them but I suggest that everyone who bets uses oddschecker.com because it clearly tells you what firm has the best price.

It definitely pays to shop around mate. Today I had a bet on a conference game and after initially going into the bookies to place the bet (with Corals) I was shocked that the thieving barstewards wouldn't take the bet at the odds on the sheet. It was a big bet for me but not compared to the silly money that is bet on football. I went in to back Stevenage at 10/11 as they were 8/11 with Hills and worse in other places and the moose behind the counter would only give me £140 at 10/11 and then 4/5 for the rest of my money and if i went over £500, 8/11! I couldnt believe it. She was making the odds up after speaking to some prat on the phone! She must have thought that the game was fixed! I came home and placed the same bet on the net and got the odds I had originally wanted. Cheating thieving sods the lot of them but I suggest that everyone who bets uses oddschecker.com because it clearly tells you what firm has the best price.

Yeh i keep forgetting about that site-thanks for the link ;)

If you'll offer me 1000-1 then I'll stick a grand on and lay us on Betfair and take a couple of years off work.

'Arbing' is the only way to make any money (long term) - but only if your quick and know your odds, and there's someone looking to match your bet!

'Arbing' is the only way to make any money (long term) - but only if your quick and know your odds, and there's someone looking to match your bet!

Can you remember about 10 or so years ago when internet gambling wasn't s it is today and the bookies messed up on a football game? Basically, you could actually back all 3 options using the 3 different firms and show a profit regardless of the result!! It was amazing. I had a trip down to the bank manager for a loan for home improvements lol, the saving account money was taken out and even a clear out of things in the loft and garage ensued as I tried my best to raise as much money as I could before the bookies spotted there error. From memory, the draw was the worst oucome with only a profit of 25% of the total outlay and thats what happened but it was no risk money!

BTW, to those who back American racing there is a much easier way to get best value odds if 2 of you are able to get involved. To those who don't understand the main different between the US and UK Racing (apart from the location lol), I`ll try to explain. In simple terms, when you back US racing online the money goes into a pool and you cant take the price. There betting is silly and at times I backed a horse that was 2/1 and within minutes or at times seconds, loads of people backed the horse and it goes to silly prices like 1/3 or 1/1. Had I realized that would be the price I would never have bet it! Anyway, if one of you can get to Ladbrokes and the other at home watching at the races Stateside, you will see two completely different betting markets. It was pointed out to be a while back that in Ladbrokes who cover the US racing, they form there own market and the prices can be taken and are different. What i do is wait to see if a favourite gets backed heavily into odds on, then phone the bro up and he gets the shop price which is hardly ever smaller than 2/1 on the fav. Its amazing value but the "guaranteed horse" has got to win to get the best value!

Can you remember about 10 or so years ago when internet gambling wasn't s it is today and the bookies messed up on a football game? Basically, you could actually back all 3 options using the 3 different firms and show a profit regardless of the result!! It was amazing. I had a trip down to the bank manager for a loan for home improvements lol, the saving account money was taken out and even a clear out of things in the loft and garage ensued as I tried my best to raise as much money as I could before the bookies spotted there error. From memory, the draw was the worst oucome with only a profit of 25% of the total outlay and thats what happened but it was no risk money!

BTW, to those who back American racing there is a much easier way to get best value odds if 2 of you are able to get involved. To those who don't understand the main different between the US and UK Racing (apart from the location lol), I`ll try to explain. In simple terms, when you back US racing online the money goes into a pool and you cant take the price. There betting is silly and at times I backed a horse that was 2/1 and within minutes or at times seconds, loads of people backed the horse and it goes to silly prices like 1/3 or 1/1. Had I realized that would be the price I would never have bet it! Anyway, if one of you can get to Ladbrokes and the other at home watching at the races Stateside, you will see two completely different betting markets. It was pointed out to be a while back that in Ladbrokes who cover the US racing, they form there own market and the prices can be taken and are different. What i do is wait to see if a favourite gets backed heavily into odds on, then phone the bro up and he gets the shop price which is hardly ever smaller than 2/1 on the fav. Its amazing value but the "guaranteed horse" has got to win to get the best value!

yea i kind of remember that....

you know if you know your stuff, and get up early enough on a morning (mainly happens on a Saturday)....there is always one bookmaker that is WAY over the odds that is easily layed on betfair for a lower price....but you have to have patience with that malarky!

Back to lay in running especially football matches...plenty to be made!

I used to do the same with cup cricket about 4 or 5 years ago.

You'd have a match with no chance of a draw and you'd be able to get 11/10 or 6/5 on the same team with two different bookies.

You can still do it but maximum bet limits means you can sometimes miss out on the price with one of the bookies-for me it was easy money.

yea i kind of remember that....

you know if you know your stuff, and get up early enough on a morning (mainly happens on a Saturday)....there is always one bookmaker that is WAY over the odds that is easily layed on betfair for a lower price....but you have to have patience with that malarky!

Back to lay in running especially football matches...plenty to be made!

Betfair is for the rich, and Im not rich! You have to have plenty of money in your account to cover bets on the exchanges and the last thing I want to do is bet in the bookies and then have to put thousands in the exchanges and wait for bets to be settled! I know its easy money, especially when you can go onto Betfair and scoop up all the silly money. On things like Big Brother, certain people were already voted out but people still wanted to back them to win the event if you gave them silly odds like 200/1. You get the same in Golf. Someone is +15 with the leader at -5 and there is no way he can make the cut never mind win but still people will ask for silly odds to take your bet! They might as well just give you the money and be done with it!

Im far from an expert but i`ll stick to my footy bets and the surer things like playing Poker. Betting on markets like this next manager for us one is ridiculous as we havent a clue whats going on!

Betfair is for the rich, and Im not rich! You have to have plenty of money in your account to cover bets on the exchanges and the last thing I want to do is bet in the bookies and then have to put thousands in the exchanges and wait for bets to be settled! I know its easy money, especially when you can go onto Betfair and scoop up all the silly money. On things like Big Brother, certain people were already voted out but people still wanted to back them to win the event if you gave them silly odds like 200/1. You get the same in Golf. Someone is +15 with the leader at -5 and there is no way he can make the cut never mind win but still people will ask for silly odds to take your bet! They might as well just give you the money and be done with it!

Im far from an expert but i`ll stick to my footy bets and the surer things like playing Poker. Betting on markets like this next manager for us one is ridiculous as we havent a clue whats going on!

lol im far from rich and minimum bets are £2 :D

All manager markets are rediculous, bookies are there to be swiped at by those 'in the know' the harry redknapps of this world...talking of harry might have a £2 at 50/1 lol

lol im far from rich and minimum bets are £2 :D

All manager markets are rediculous, bookies are there to be swiped at by those 'in the know' the harry redknapps of this world...talking of harry might have a £2 at 50/1 lol

I like a big bet but the money exchanged on sites like Betfair is scary. Millions on single games at times! To win loads you need to have enough cash to cover volumes of bets if you think you are on a sure thing.

BTW, we have more chance of getting Harry Houdini and he is available at 100/1 :D

You want a real bet, bet on the house of commons seat market on betfair... now thats a real game! Easy money if you know what your doing as well (my advice to buy Labour in the spring when they were rock bottom and sell Tory, I'd now advise the opposite, although your boat has probably sailed on that score as the polls have rebounded in the Conservatives' favour... still easy money was there to be made in the summer :cool:)... dont know why but betting on politics has always apealed to me.

You want a real bet, bet on the house of commons seat market on betfair... now thats a real game! Easy money if you know what your doing as well (my advice to buy Labour in the spring when they were rock bottom and sell Tory, I'd now advise the opposite, although your boat has probably sailed on that score as the polls have rebounded in the Conservatives' favour... still easy money was there to be made in the summer :cool:)... dont know why but betting on politics has always apealed to me.

My mate makes good money on betting Betfair and the stock market. Apparently you can predict on the hour by the hour if the shares will rise or fall. Crazy stuff. There are just too many things to bet on these days lol

Archived