Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FilboFox

Football Manager 2008

Absolute monster. He really is a demon player on this game. Freekicks and long-range thunderbolts galore. :wub:

Bloody Everton signed him on mine.

And Spurs have signed everyone else.

The premier league on my game is a farce, Newcastle 3rd, Everton 4th? 7 points seperating the top 8?

Nonsensical.

Bloody Everton signed him on mine.

And Spurs have signed everyone else.

The premier league on my game is a farce, Newcastle 3rd, Everton 4th? 7 points seperating the top 8?

Nonsensical.

I'm guessing you're happy with the way things are going, then? :giggle:

One of either Yanited or Chelsea always sit in the bottom 6 after 12 games for me, and then still manage to go on unbelievable runs to finish in the top 3. And Spurs and Pompey seem to buy everyone worth having, as well. Annoying.

One of either Yanited or Chelsea always sit in the bottom 6 after 12 games for me, and then still manage to go on unbelievable runs to finish in the top 3. And Spurs and Pompey seem to buy everyone worth having, as well. Annoying.

I never start in the Premiership... but I have to admit, when I glance at the table and see Chelsea sitting in 14th after 10 games, I do have a chuckle... if only eh? :D

Not happy at all.

Great first season for me (by my standards) but this second season has just been ****ed up. With about 10 games to go I lost all hope for this season and just wanted it over with, now with 4 to go i'm thinking of playing youngsters to see it out. Looks like i'm finshing 8th at worst though which I think will get me Euro Vase as it's called on here. Then go for top 4 properly again next season.

I never start in the Premiership... but I have to admit, when I glance at the table and see Chelsea sitting in 14th after 10 games, I do have a chuckle... if only eh? :D

Never start in the Prem myself, always with a lower or non-league club.. Just see at the end of the transfer window, it always tells me that Spurs or Pompey have been the most active.. And their new signings always win signing of the season. <_<

Best finish I've come across for one of the "big four" on FM was Chelsea finishing 8th and missing out on both European competitions. Doubt that'll ever happen in reality now, though!

Not happy at all.

Great first season for me (by my standards) but this second season has just been ****ed up. With about 10 games to go I lost all hope for this season and just wanted it over with, now with 4 to go i'm thinking of playing youngsters to see it out. Looks like i'm finshing 8th at worst though which I think will get me Euro Vase as it's called on here. Then go for top 4 properly again next season.

Man City have some class youngsters on the game, do they not? Should be ok. 8th is good for you, I'd have thought?!!

lol at you aiming for top 4 though. Ambitious based on your track record, int it? :P

Man City have some class youngsters on the game, do they not? Should be ok. 8th is good for you, I'd have thought?!!

lol at you aiming for top 4 though. Ambitious based on your track record, int it? :P

I suggest you go back and read the review of my first season, I finished 4th!

Class youngsters? Ireland was good, but was sold over my head and was a bit part player anyway.

I'm just about to start blooding Evans and Sturridge through now, Richards is there obviously and there's a couple of really young lads I reckon could make it.

Might go down that route actually.

Currently drawing 1-1 with Arsenal with something that looks nothing like my first team. John Fleck up front!

I suggest you go back and read the review of my first season, I finished 4th!

Class youngsters? Ireland was good, but was sold over my head and was a bit part player anyway.

I'm just about to start blooding Evans and Sturridge through now, Richards is there obviously and there's a couple of really young lads I reckon could make it.

Might go down that route actually.

Currently drawing 1-1 with Arsenal with something that looks nothing like my first team. John Fleck up front!

That review of your first season was massive, perhaps your biggest ever post on FT. I am not reading it with tired eyes!

Evans is ok, Sturridge takes some time to develop but scores a fair few, so I've found. What young kids are intriguing you, Mr Glitter?

John Fleck is a young Scottish lad int he? Chelsea have him on my game. He finished top goalscorer in the Euros. :blink:

That review of your first season was massive, perhaps your biggest ever post on FT. I am not reading it with tired eyes!

Evans is ok, Sturridge takes some time to develop but scores a fair few, so I've found. What young kids are intriguing you, Mr Glitter?

John Fleck is a young Scottish lad int he? Chelsea have him on my game. He finished top goalscorer in the Euros. :blink:

Evans just scored for me coming off the bench as I eventually lost 3-2 to the Arse (Abou Diaby hat-trick?! :blink: ) and looks good.

Well aside from Camacho, who I signed for nearly 10 million and has played 10 times for me this season while still aged 18, there is James Cronesberry, Robert Mak, Adrian Cieslewicz, Peter Varga, Joe Clegg and Aaron Doran.

A few of them are regens on my youth team so won't mean much to you, but they're supposed to be pretty decent. Cronesberry apparently has the potential to be alot better than SWP.

Yeah he is, signed him from Blackburn and he's played about 5 times so far. He's gonna be massive.

Edit - Oh and yeah, I think it was my biggest post ever lol Worth reading though :whistle:

Evans just scored for me coming off the bench as I eventually lost 3-2 to the Arse (Abou Diaby hat-trick?! :blink: ) and looks good.

Well aside from Camacho, who I signed for nearly 10 million and has played 10 times for me this season while still aged 18, there is James Cronesberry, Robert Mak, Adrian Cieslewicz, Peter Varga, Joe Clegg and Aaron Doran.

A few of them are regens on my youth team so won't mean much to you, but they're supposed to be pretty decent. Cronesberry apparently has the potential to be alot better than SWP.

Yeah he is, signed him from Blackburn and he's played about 5 times so far. He's gonna be massive.

Edit - Oh and yeah, I think it was my biggest post ever lol Worth reading though :whistle:

Abou Diaby seems to turn out pretty well on the games I've played. He never seems to score tap ins, either. Like Matias Fernandez, Diaby enjoys scoring screamers. Bizarre because I don't think he's capable of anything like that on the field. :blink:

Cronsesberry doesn't sound like a bad kid, then. Will have a look on my game when I get the chance but doubt I'll find him.

Fleck is quality, though. You'd do well to hold on to him. Wouldn't be long before Chelsea and Arsenal had a word, I wouldn't think. I don't even think he's described as a wonderkid, though? When I've scouted him, it only says he's a good Premiership striker, not a leading one. Yet he scores goals by the hatful. Strange. :S

Abou Diaby seems to turn out pretty well on the games I've played. He never seems to score tap ins, either. Like Matias Fernandez, Diaby enjoys scoring screamers. Bizarre because I don't think he's capable of anything like that on the field. :blink:

Cronsesberry doesn't sound like a bad kid, then. Will have a look on my game when I get the chance but doubt I'll find him.

Fleck is quality, though. You'd do well to hold on to him. Wouldn't be long before Chelsea and Arsenal had a word, I wouldn't think. I don't even think he's described as a wonderkid, though? When I've scouted him, it only says he's a good Premiership striker, not a leading one. Yet he scores goals by the hatful. Strange. :S

Not sure.

Anyway, snapped up Wilshere and Rodwell for a million and really want Lansbury but Arsenal want an obscene amount of money.

Not sure.

Anyway, snapped up Wilshere and Rodwell for a million and really want Lansbury but Arsenal want an obscene amount of money.

£3.9million upfront, with £2million after 1 international game and a 35% of next-sale clause? No? Just for me, then. :sweating:

£3.9million upfront, with £2million after 1 international game and a 35% of next-sale clause? No? Just for me, then. :sweating:

No, i'm 2 years on and he looks awesome. I now find myself bidding £30 million plus about 25 in add-ons, still rejected.

In other news, i've just lost Evans to Arsenal :@ It didn't tell me that his contract was coming to an end! :S

No, i'm 2 years on and he looks awesome. I now find myself bidding £30 million plus about 25 in add-ons, still rejected.

In other news, i've just lost Evans to Arsenal :@ It didn't tell me that his contract was coming to an end! :S

Ouch! What a great steal from me, then! Haha bargain-orama! :P

Meh. You don't need Evans. You're better off without him. Invest in other young talent. It'll be time and money well spent in the long run.

Ouch! What a great steal from me, then! Haha bargain-orama! :P

Meh. You don't need Evans. You're better off without him. Invest in other young talent. It'll be time and money well spent in the long run.

Evans finished the season very well! Ah well, he's 20. His best years are behind him :P

Looking to bring in Breno :) and Ronaldo wants out of United still, trying to lure him in :giggle:

Evans finished the season very well! Ah well, he's 20. His best years are behind him :P

Looking to bring in Breno :) and Ronaldo wants out of United still, trying to lure him in :giggle:

I'm suprised you've not launched a raid for Ricky, just for comedic effect, like. :giggle:

Breno is alright, I suppose. Ronaldo is a little too ambitious though, I feel. :P

My attacking options look fine at the minute, just need to sure-up the defence. Any top-quality young defenders I should look out for? Only found one young lad called Papadopolous so far. Has the potential to be as good as Micah Richards. Keen-oriffic.

I'm suprised you've not launched a raid for Ricky, just for comedic effect, like. :giggle:

Breno is alright, I suppose. Ronaldo is a little too ambitious though, I feel. :P

My attacking options look fine at the minute, just need to sure-up the defence. Any top-quality young defenders I should look out for? Only found one young lad called Papadopolous so far. Has the potential to be as good as Micah Richards. Keen-oriffic.

Don't really know any. I reckon Rodwell could turn out to be pretty tasty.

Don't really know any. I reckon Rodwell could turn out to be pretty tasty.

Ahh yes, I forgot. Defending really isn't your thing. :giggle:

Never mind, I'll send the search out for new, young defenders. Have a pretty decent set of scouts that I've poached from other clubs, so they'll bring home the goods I'm sure.

Always my problem, really. My teams score sack-loads of goals, but ship many more than is desirable. Incorporating the old-school Real Madrid philosophy, me. :cool:

Ahh yes, I forgot. Defending really isn't your thing. :giggle:

Never mind, I'll send the search out for new, young defenders. Have a pretty decent set of scouts that I've poached from other clubs, so they'll bring home the goods I'm sure.

Always my problem, really. My teams score sack-loads of goals, but ship many more than is desirable. Incorporating the old-school Real Madrid philosophy, me. :cool:

Krystian Pearce might turnout pretty decent too.

Archived