Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FilboFox

Football Manager 2008

Cant seem to post an image of my Crewe team so here's a link

Sold Carl Fletcher and Michael O'Connor towards the end of last season (1m each) and signed SEB, B Gunnarsson, Alex Pearce and some random U19 Ireland international.

This is my 3rd season in the Championship with Crewe, my first games have all been at home to Reading, Blackburn and now Derby. In them games i've conceded one goal in each, coming in the 91st, 87th and 92nd minute.

Selling Carl (I get booked every 1.something games) Fletcher made me think the team discipline would have gone down. But against Derby I had 7 YC's and a Red.

Some things never change.

Alan Maybury 2 red cards in 2 games.

and conceded the decisive goal in the 92nd min to WBA.

Well I got the Leicester job after Alan Smith came under some pressure, and have taken them from 21st in the Championship in early October to 3rd at Christmas, with an 8-0 drubbing of Forest along the way. Marvellous. To win some trophies with City would cap my most successful career ever on either Championship or Football Manager.

Well I got the Leicester job after Alan Smith came under some pressure, and have taken them from 21st in the Championship in early October to 3rd at Christmas, with an 8-0 drubbing of Forest along the way. Marvellous. To win some trophies with City would cap my most successful career ever on either Championship or Football Manager.

I won the Premiership with Leicester in 2013, and won 4 Carling Cups in a row with them. :)

i also took charge at man city on the new update and made some expensive signings and now like my team. original budget of 29 but asked for more and got 56 mill! :crylaugh::crylaugh::thumbup:

in

darren bent - 20m

branko illic - 2m

jon zebina 12m

moutinho 19m

veloso 12m

stekelnburg 11m

bale 13m

lescott 17m

jimmy bullard 5m

total: 111 m

out

mills 1m

zabaleta 4.4m

ball 2m

s ireland 11 m

bojinov 5.5m

ben haim 6m

benjani 6m

elano 16.5m

ched evans 7m

hamann 2m

vassell 3.2m

gelson fernandes 7m

etuhu 4m

total: 75.6

great team with great srength i depth. drew 1-1 with west ham 1st game of the season and just beat hull 4-0 but bale, zebina and robinh all out for at least 2 weeks! :unsure:>_<:frusty::frusty:

oh and brought in soem cheeky youngsters, fraser forster, thiago (barca), lee fearon (scout recommendation), miralem pjanic and soe spanish keeper from one of the athletico's??

You sold Elano?!?

too cocky or my liking, brought in bullard and he said he doesnt like the competitio and the team should be based around him, so got rid and brought in moutinho! great bit of business and now elano has tendon damage and is out for 5months hahahahaha ! p.s. sturridge keeping tamudo out the team. class lad!

too cocky or my liking, brought in bullard and he said he doesnt like the competitio and the team should be based around him, so got rid and brought in moutinho! great bit of business and now elano has tendon damage and is out for 5months hahahahaha ! p.s. sturridge keeping tamudo out the team. class lad!

Fair enough, although he's been my best player.

I haven't even played Sturridge in the league yet, he's played one game in the CL Qualifiers for me.

And you got rid of Gelson Fernandes as well... :unsure:

****ing Leeds... I HATE them! They ruined my start to the season by beating me 2-0 at their place in the League Cup 1st Round... VERY annoyed as my players just capitulated against them despite having won our pre-season friendlies easily and won 5-2 against Oldham in the opening game...

Finished my first season with Man City.

Premiership: 5th

FA Cup: Semi-Final

Carling Cup: Quarter-Final

Uefa Cup: Quarter Final

Finished 5th. Had 9 points deducted for going into administraton because the person who had edited it had only edited the Budger and not the Balance. Still would have come 5th, but a couple of points away from 4th and not fighting with Newcastle on the last day of the season for 5th.

In

Emile Heskey 8.75m

Igor Akinfeev 20m

Anatoily Tymoschuk 13m

Rodrigo Palacio 10m

Naldo 6.75m

Vagner Love 7.5m

Francisco Merida 3.2m

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar 13.5m

Out

Benjani 3.5m - Wigan

Kelvin Ethuhu 2.5m - Ipswich

Darius Vassell 1m - Fulham

Premiership

Robinho started off getting a goal 3 minutes into his Premiership debut against Wigan, but then Benjani and Arshavin scored 2 in 2 minutes for them so after 8 minutes it was 2-1 to Wigan. I needn't have worried as goals from Kompany in the 10th minute, Robinho again and Michael Johnson (last minute) started me off with a 4-2 win. I then went on to lose 3-0 to Chelsea, beat West Brom 1-0 (Elano, ended up as goal of the season) and then lose 2-1 away to Spurs. I was thinking at this time I wouldn't be good enough for the big teams, but then I went on a unbeaten run of 9 games. The most memorable games were drawing 2-2 with United and coming from 3-1 down to draw with Liverpool, also a high-scoring game against Stoke, 5-2, where Elano (2), Palacio, Naldo and Heskey got the goals. It came to an end when I lost to Villa 2-1 at home and then I lost again, this time 5-1 to Arsenal. Around this time I went bankrupt and could no longer make transfers, so I couldn't do anything in January. I carried on getting steady results and a couple of losses, 3-1 to Newcastle and 4-0 to Everton. And then I beat Chelsea 3-1, Palacio got an early goal, but Pandev equalised then 2 last minute goals from Huntelaar and Richards sealed a memorable victory. From there I won 6 in a row, but it came to an abrupt end losing 4-1 to Man United. I then got another draw with Liverpool, 3-3, and a 4-1 win against Fulham. Then I got my best result of the campaign beating Arsenal 3-0, goals from Palacio, SWP and Robinho. This got me within 2 points of Newcastle. I drew with Villa and then beat Boro to go 1 poin of Newcastle. Then I played Newcastle themselves and beat them 4-2, goals from Huntelaar (2), Robinho and SWP. On the one from last game I lost to Pompey 2-1 whereas Newcastle won 4-0, so I was behind them again. But Everton beat Newcastle 3-1 on the last day of the season, whereas I beat Sunderland 3-0 goals from Petrov, Robinho and Vagner Love.

Carling Cup

Round 3: Barnsley. 3-1 Win. I put out a strong team for this one and won it comfortably, 2 from Palacio and one from Love, whereas Iain Hume scored for Barnsley.

Round 4: Middlesborough, 2-1, Win. Another good performance, with Huntelaar grabbing both goals.

Quarter Final: I wanted to go further than this but sadly I drew Man United. I put u[ a good fight but lost 2-1. Richard Dunne for me and Scholes and Carrick for them.

FA Cup

Round 3: Started off with a tough Home draw against Newcastle but scraped a 1-0 win, Huntelaar coming off the bench to score.

Round 4: Easier draw this time, won 2-0 against Swansea, this time SWP getting a goal along with Huntelaar.

Round 5: Another Championship side, this time Ipswich. They put up a good fight but 2 goals from Huntelaar and one from Petrov was enough to see them off, Haynes scored for them, 3-1.

Round 6: Beat West Ham, 2-1. Annihalated them but could only score 2, one from Vagner Love and the other from Jo.

Semi-Final: My hardest game, Arsenal, but was my first trip to Wembley. I couldn't match them, they were too good. I lost 3-1 , Eduardo (2) and Bendtner and Palacio for me.

Uefa Cup

In the Euro Vase I had to beat Germinal Beerscot, I only just won, 4-3 on aggregate. 3 goals from Jo and 1 from Robinho over the 2 matches. Then in the Uefa Cup Qualifying Round 2, I put 9 past FC Haka with them scoring none, over the 2 games. In the Uefa Cup proper first round I beat OB 5-0 at Eastlands, but only drew 2-2 away. finishing 7-2 on agg. In the group I started off with a 1-1 draw with Galatasaray, Huntelaar scoring for me. Then beat B.Jerusalem, 5-2, with goals from Palacio (4) and Huntelaar. Then I beat Olympiakos 3-1, Petrov, SWP and Elano scoring, then finished my group games with a good win against Benfica, 2-1, goals from Petrov and Jo. Then I got a hard draw against Deportivo and I was fearing after a 1-0 away loss. But I needn't have worried as 2 goals from Robinho and 1 from Huntelaar got me a 3-0 Home win. Then I got what should have been a comfortable draw, against Spartak Moscow. I won a unconvincing 3-2 win at Home, Palacio scoring and Huntelaar 1, with Welliton getting 2 for them. Then away I lost 3-2, Tymoschuk and Vagner Love for me, but the impressive Welliton got 3. In the Penalties, Huntelaar, Jo, Petrov and Naldo scored but Tymoschuk missed but I got the win. Then came my knockout round, against Liverpool, albeit on the harsh away goals rule. I lost 1-0 at Anfield, but won 2-1 at Home, but it was just not enough, goals coming from Huntelaar (2).

So no trophies for me this season. But have edited it so I am not Bankrupt anymore and have a slighly above average budget and balance due to me being Man City.

Huntelaar and Palacio got 30 goals each, Elano 14, Jo and Robinho 12 and Vagner Love 11. Heskey got a measly 2.

Looking forward to the new season. :chant:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh dear.

Didn't realise how long that was.

I have way too much time on my hands. :whistle:

Archived