Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FilboFox

Football Manager 2008

Wilkesy and I are doing a 2 player game at the moment. I am Man City and he is Aston Villa.

I got given £83,000,000 to spend for a target of european football.

I did spend £48,000,000 on David Villa and he is a god! Ridiculous amount of goals so far.

Wilkesy and I are doing a 2 player game at the moment. I am Man City and he is Aston Villa.

I got given £83,000,000 to spend for a target of european football.

I did spend £48,000,000 on David Villa and he is a god! Ridiculous amount of goals so far.

He is a machine! - Oh and 4 goals in the 2nd half away at Sunderland was just silly!

lol!! I'm just playing my own game lads, sorry. Not going so well this season, really. Well, I say that but I'm top of the Prem, in the knockout rounds of the CL and FA Cup 4th round after beating Ilkeston in Round THREE 8-0. Got knocked out of the Carling Cup by West Ham in the quarters in extra time despite having 30 shots on goal without scoring, whereas they had 6. :frusty:

Thought you pair were getting on pretty well anyway??

I'm doing alright. I'm in February and I'm 3rd in the Prem in my 2nd season.

Hoping to win the Uefa Cup or FA Cup. :)

Ran a network game on psp with a mate

however I (Spurs) and him (Portsmouth) keep on playing other each

So is it correct that the network game needed to be run between 20 users to have a proper season?

Got back into this after a bit of a break and my Millwall side was languishing at the bottom of the Premier League, after 3 points out of a possible 12. Got back on track with a 4-2 win at Old Trafford, before scoring an 120th minute winner against League Two Darlington in the Carling Cup 2nd round. Followed on with a 1-0 against Portsmouth, before smashing Sheffield United 3-0 away.

Up to 5th now. My striker is the top scorer so far with 7 goals.

Alex Revell - Goal Machine.

Going so beautifully now.

Following on from yesterday, started with a 1-0 win over Fulham at the Den, followed by a trip to Anfield. Typically tough test but after easily beating Man United at their own ground was unsure how this would turn out. Won 6-1, Revell scoring 4.

Then beat Norwich 1-0 in the League Cup 3rd round. Played awful but a six-on-one breakaway on 80 minutes resulted in my reserve striker eventually steering it in. Then travelled to Burnley, hoping for another 3 points....and got them, winning 3-0 and missing a penalty.

Top of the Premiership after 10 games, one point clear of United.

• 3 weeks later...

Im guessing im the only one who decides against signing big name players for lower league clubs?

I have the chance to sign Colin Nish on a free, he wants 3.6k (twice the wage of my current highest earner) and no compensation will be paid. I'm happy with my Foley-Bishop strikeforce atm (87 goals in two seasons), and i'm not really keen on splashing out all that on his wages.

Still, it would be a great signing :(

**** it i've signed kevin lisbie instead.

Im guessing im the only one who decides against signing big name players for lower league clubs?

I have the chance to sign Colin Nish on a free, he wants 3.6k (twice the wage of my current highest earner) and no compensation will be paid. I'm happy with my Foley-Bishop strikeforce atm (87 goals in two seasons), and i'm not really keen on splashing out all that on his wages.

Still, it would be a great signing :(

**** it i've signed kevin lisbie instead.

Probably :P

The opposite for me because higher profile p[layers raise the reputation or your club which allows you better players :P

I've ditched FM 08 and dug out the old FM 05 :cool: . This game is bloody legendary, there's SO many good players. Signed Bierofka for £500k at the start and in mys 2nd season he made 42 starts, and only played below an 8 twice :o . Average rating 8.74 :D .

I've just won successive titles with Arsenal and my team is as follows:

Rost

Glen Johnson Bonera Heitinga Dede

Beckham Vieira Fabregas Bierofka

Villa Luque

or alternatley

De Sanctis

De Jong Toure Senderos Cole

Deisler Assuncao Veron Juninho Pernumbacano

Henry Cavenaghi

Now just wondering who to splash my £107million transfer budget on :thumbup: ?

Ched Evans is simply amazing, 2-0 down to chelsea, step up ched son. a goal almost immediately and then 2 90th minute goals to seal the win. Oh and he has jsut scored a hattrick in his first start against derby :D

Him and Nihat are leading me to the champions league.

• 2 weeks later...
Found it in an old cd box & decided to give a quick bash. Wondered if anyone knew what the Leicester United kit used to look like or what the colours were.

old? It's only a year old :unsure:

And can't help you with the kit colours, sorry :dunno:

Archived