Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wycombe Fox

Drum'n'Bass

The DJ Hype Fabriclive album is the finest drum n bass I've ever heard. Also the obvious Roni Size Reprazent - New Forms. Some of the latin stuff is good too. Easy Boom by Drumagick and the DJ Marky & XRS stuff.

As far as artists as a whole go, Pendulum is probably the best place to start. I also like Shimon & Andy C and DJ Zinc. Shame they've all got stupid names.

The DJ Hype Fabriclive album is the finest drum n bass I've ever heard. Also the obvious Roni Size Reprazent - New Forms. Some of the latin stuff is good too. Easy Boom by Drumagick and the DJ Marky & XRS stuff.

As far as artists as a whole go, Pendulum is probably the best place to start. I also like Shimon & Andy C and DJ Zinc. Shame they've all got stupid names.

What the fcuk is drum n bass???? :unsure:

pendulum is good i also like listening to oldskool drum n bass/jungle such as,

ray keith-the chopper

shy fx-wolf

sound of the future-the lighter

the ganja kru-super sharp shooter

renegade-terrorist

im sure anyone that knows drum n bass/jungle will agree that these songs are classics

You've come to the right place.

DJ Marky - The Brazilian Job => getting a little dated now but probably the best mix album I've ever heard, combining classic tunes wiith the funkier Brazilian sound (what Marky is renowned for) and some darker tunes.

Goldie - Timeless => genre-defining, this album is absolutely quality. Released early 90's and set the out the way forward for the scene as a whole. Any drum n bass fan worth his salt should own this album.

LTJ Bukem - Logical Progression => pioneered the "intelligent" sub-genre. Pretty chilled out drum n bass, very atmospheric. Also check out his Earth series - he combines downtempo stuff really well with the usual high tempo tunes.

Roni Size- New Forms => fantastic album with some legendary tunes (Brown Paper Bag, New Forms, Watching Windows). Won him the Mercury Music Prize, pushed the sound in new, different directions.

The Fabric Live albums are worth a listen. Not that impressed overall in my opinion.

If you want really dark, dirty, mean drum n bass look for stuff on the Renegade Hardware label. This is really raw, heavy duty bass-ridden stuff. I love it although my taste is chilling out a touch recently! Also I was a big fan of Ed Rush and Optical - they have a few albums demonstrating the tech-step side of the genre, worth checking out.

If you want funky, liquid drum n bass then buy stuff off the Hospital label. They have loads of compilation albums out, artists such as High Contrast, London Elektricity, Logistics all worth checking out.

If you want anthems and dancefloor monsters then try stuff on Ram Raiders or DJ Hype's label. Stuff by Andy C (his Nightlife compilations), Hype, Zinc, Sub Focus is all very upfront stuff.

If it's nights out you're looking for then The End is a phenomenal drum n bass night - I went last weekend to a 5 hour DJ Marky set. Brilliant stuff.

Hope that helps. I'll have a think about other stuff as I'm sure I've not covered everyting but that should be good for starters. I mix a bit still and was pretty involved in the scene during Uni so sure will be able to come up with some more stuff for you.

Enjoy.

They're not very heard of I don't think, but I like London Elektricity

They're pretty huge really, London Elektricity are the band behind Hospital Records (Tony Colman etc...)

A lot of good albums have been mentioned so i wont repeat but also look out for:

D Kay

Klute

Noisia

Phace

Paradox

Photek

D Bridge

Calibre

Commix

Influx UK

Just off the top of my head.

Also for those who wanted good definitions and info you can check out links below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum_and_bass

http://www.breakbeat.co.uk

Labels to look out for:

Subtitles

Bassbin

Creative Source

Black Sun Empire

Liquid V

Metal Headz

Virus

Inernet radio stations to check (24/7):

www.kunninmindz.com

www.kindafunkyradio.com

Catch Fabio and Grooverider on Radio 1 (Fridays midnight-3am) and also check BBC 1Xtra website

Also while i'm here i might as well do a shameless self plug for my tracks etc... on www.myspace.com/koopmusic

They're pretty huge really, London Elektricity are the band behind Hospital Records (Tony Colman etc...)

Labels to look out for:

Subtitles

Bassbin

Creative Source

Black Sun Empire

Liquid V

Metal Headz

Virus

Also while i'm here i might as well do a shameless self plug for my tracks etc... on www.myspace.com/koopmusic

Yeah, in terms of drum n bass, London Elektricity are one of the biggest names in the scene, especially over the last few years (I bought their album, Pull the Plug, years ago - great album, bit different to the usual).

Great call on Black Sun Empire - haven't bought much vinyl for awhile but love mixing their stuff.

And I'll check out those tracks of yours and give you my feedback, for what it's worth!

Archived