Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stez

things that annoy you about america

Over-politeness. I know that serving staff rely on tips, but asking me after every mouthful of my dinner if everything is alright is not doing much for them!!

Iv'e never been, but from what iv'e seen from them on TV and meeting them over here it would have to be their disturbing view on the world where they can't understand why other countries (even Iraq) don't like them very much :angry:

Iv'e never been, but from what iv'e seen from them on TV and meeting them over here it would have to be their disturbing view on the world where they can't understand why other countries (even Iraq) don't like them very much :angry:

74147[/snapback]

Just remember nopt all Americans are like that, a lot are, in fact, completely the opposite.

Sorry, I have a few American friends who aren't anything like people's typical stereotypes, so I gotta stick up for them :thumbup:

74147[/snapback]

Just remember nopt all Americans are like that, a lot are, in fact, completely the opposite.

Sorry, I have a few American friends who aren't anything like people's typical stereotypes, so I gotta stick up for them :thumbup:

74180[/snapback]

Thats all fine and dandy but you have to agree their (mostly tv producers) ideas of how 'English' people appear are shocking - bowler hat wearing, stiff upper lip plummy voiced ponces and thats just the women - seriously though, popular American sitcom 'Friends' had an ideal opportunity to recitfy this but what do they do - they bring in stiff-upper lipped plummy voiced Helen Baxendale to play Ross' wife! :rolleyes:

That does bloody annoy me :mad:

Just like us there are good and bad, both in the States and those that travel. Met some lovely people in Antigua recently who when being loud at the bar gave the impression you expect. Talking to them next day they were completely different and very nice to boot.

Caused all sorts of ructions when I got them going about George W. Half the family thought he was great whilst the others believed him to be a complete prat - really was a heated exchange. I just buggered off to the beach.

,Mar 4 2005, 11:02 AM]

74147[/snapback]

74180[/snapback]

Thats all fine and dandy but you have to agree their (mostly tv producers) ideas of how 'English' people appear are shocking - bowler hat wearing, stiff upper lip plummy voiced ponces and thats just the women - seriously though, popular American sitcom 'Friends' had an ideal opportunity to recitfy this but what do they do - they bring in stiff-upper lipped plummy voiced Helen Baxendale to play Ross' wife! :rolleyes:

74183[/snapback]

Have you also noticed that a lot of baddies in films are this archetypal stereotype of the English?

,Mar 4 2005, 11:02 AM]

74147[/snapback]

74180[/snapback]

74183[/snapback]

Have you also noticed that a lot of baddies in films are this archetypal stereotype of the English?

74252[/snapback]

Point proven - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Americans themselves!!!! Well most of them are alright but some of them annoy me, the really really really freindly ones that cant do anything else but smile!!!

74273[/snapback]

hmmm i find the rapers and murders more annoying

Americans themselves!!!! Well most of them are alright but some of them annoy me, the really really really freindly ones that cant do anything else but smile!!!

74273[/snapback]

hmmm i find the rapers and murders more annoying

74278[/snapback]

And dont get me started on Bush!!!!!!!! :mad:

well i was in New York from Sunday-Thursday this week and what great people. You could stop anyone on the street and they would be glad to help. In our hotel we were loved as we were young English lads :D

74427[/snapback]

Wrong thread mate! :mad:;)

well i was in New York from Sunday-Thursday this week and what great people. You could stop anyone on the street and they would be glad to help. In our hotel we were loved as we were young English lads :D

74427[/snapback]

Wrong thread mate! :mad:;)

74453[/snapback]

lol:wave:

Archived