Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

GLASTONBURY 2008

It's all about Serbia this year.

Exit Festival - better line up, better weather, better location, more people, cheaper.

Done.

Really hoping to get to Exit. Looks fantastic.

Really hoping to get to Exit. Looks fantastic.

DO IT.

People I know that have been say it takes the piss out of ANY British festival. Line up announced in April but you know it will be quality.

The music starts at 6pm and goes on until 8am - which means dancing with the sunset and sunrise... will be amazing.

Think I'm going in a group of about 20! Can't wait. Really can't.

I went to EXIT last year. It was absolutely fooking cracking. Just pips SONAR as the best festival I've ever been to but completely dicks on anything in Britain. Dunno if I'm gunna go again this year, couple of others in Eastern Europe I wanna try out.

I'd probably advise you to find alternative accomodation rather than the campsite. It's a good laugh there and nice spot to get messy during the day but it's really not about going to bed at 9am and then being woken up at 10.30am by the 40 degree heat beating down on your tent. You end up feeling completely ridiculously shagged by the end of the festival.

Try to be respectful too, there's growing anti-english feeling there due to the ever increasing number of lairy Brits invading a festival that was originally a political movement so very important to them. The majority are really welcoming though when you talk to them, as long as you're not acting like a complete **** and show some understanding of the origins of the festival.

I went to EXIT last year. It was absolutely fooking cracking. Just pips SONAR as the best festival I've ever been to but completely dicks on anything in Britain. Dunno if I'm gunna go again this year, couple of others in Eastern Europe I wanna try out.

I'd probably advise you to find alternative accomodation rather than the campsite. It's a good laugh there and nice spot to get messy during the day but it's really not about going to bed at 9am and then being woken up at 10.30am by the 40 degree heat beating down on your tent. You end up feeling completely ridiculously shagged by the end of the festival.

Try to be respectful too, there's growing anti-english feeling there due to the ever increasing number of lairy Brits invading a festival that was originally a political movement so very important to them. The majority are really welcoming though when you talk to them, as long as you're not acting like a complete **** and show some understanding of the origins of the festival.

Some helpful advice - thank you. :smile:

Thanks for that chap. I was slightly concerned about the camping thing but have f**ked it one and gone for it anyway! I'm sure we'll be alright. Maybe.

As for the lairy Brits thing it doesn't surprise me. We have a reputation to uphold remember. Although not too worried about my group, we're more interested in getting battered and dancing as opposed to acting like wankers.

Any other tips at all? We're flying in to Budapest and getting the train, going to try and get train tickets beforehand because I imagine it'll be ridiculous getting out of Novi Sad on the Monday.

Thanks for that chap. I was slightly concerned about the camping thing but have f**ked it one and gone for it anyway! I'm sure we'll be alright. Maybe.

As for the lairy Brits thing it doesn't surprise me. We have a reputation to uphold remember. Although not too worried about my group, we're more interested in getting battered and dancing as opposed to acting like wankers.

Any other tips at all? We're flying in to Budapest and getting the train, going to try and get train tickets beforehand because I imagine it'll be ridiculous getting out of Novi Sad on the Monday.

Yeah well I wouldn't worry about the camping too much. Just try and find a decent tree to bang your tent under.

The train from Budapest is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. We got there early but station was already rammed with hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of English people going to exit. As soon as the platform number came up on the board it was chaos, everyone legging it as fast as they could towards the train. We were lucky because we'd settled for standing in the vestibule of the final carriage when they decided to put a couple of extra carriages on the end so we just slipped through the door and got one of the seated compartments. I quite enjoyed the train journey, there's a bit of party atmosphere; people cracking on music, drinking, smoking, generally gettin on it. However, I think the people that had to stand crushed like sardines in the aisles for the whole jounrey, or had some of their friends who couldn't fit on the train definitely disagreed.

Also, when you get off the train don't get one of the taxis from outside the station. They are all there to completely rape you because they no you don't have any bearing of the serbian currency, how much things cost or how far the festival is. I met people that had paid £40 for a taxi when we wandered down the road a bit and got one for like £2.

Yeah well I wouldn't worry about the camping too much. Just try and find a decent tree to bang your tent under.

The train from Budapest is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. We got there early but station was already rammed with hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of English people going to exit. As soon as the platform number came up on the board it was chaos, everyone legging it as fast as they could towards the train. We were lucky because we'd settled for standing in the vestibule of the final carriage when they decided to put a couple of extra carriages on the end so we just slipped through the door and got one of the seated compartments. I quite enjoyed the train journey, there's a bit of party atmosphere; people cracking on music, drinking, smoking, generally gettin on it. However, I think the people that had to stand crushed like sardines in the aisles for the whole jounrey, or had some of their friends who couldn't fit on the train definitely disagreed.

Also, when you get off the train don't get one of the taxis from outside the station. They are all there to completely rape you because they no you don't have any bearing of the serbian currency, how much things cost or how far the festival is. I met people that had paid £40 for a taxi when we wandered down the road a bit and got one for like £2.

Thanks again. All very useful to know. I guess a stampede for the train is all part of the experience though..! Looks so so good, really can't wait now.

Thanks again. All very useful to know. I guess a stampede for the train is all part of the experience though..! Looks so so good, really can't wait now.

..........and it's in Milan's home town. D'ya reckon he can get us some discount? Saying that £87 for a three day festival with camping is a steal.

I have registered for Glasto but won't be bothered if I don't get a ticket. It's too early in the year and there are just as good if not better festivals to go to.

..........and it's in Milan's home town. D'ya reckon he can get us some discount? Saying that £87 for a three day festival with camping is a steal.

I have registered for Glasto but won't be bothered if I don't get a ticket. It's too early in the year and there are just as good if not better festivals to go to.

Four day festival chap. Even better!

..................or beat the rush and get there when the campsite opens on the 8th and leave when it closes on the 14th. :thumbup:

I'm seriously thinking of going to this :unsure:

We're arriving on Wednesday evening and going back on Monday.

I really can't think of any reason why you WOULDN'T go!

I love how this thread has been successfully hijacked and turned into Exit 2008.

Glasto what?

..........and it's in Milan's home town. D'ya reckon he can get us some discount?

There'll be no standing, you won't see most of the bands because they're shit & will be sent home before the festival has ended and there'll be a bunch of idiots going on about the crap atmosphere.

I reckon they should swap the ends and put the stage where the audience goes - that'd sort it.

JAY Z HEADLINING THE PYRAMID TENT! No thanks then, i'll stick with trusty Reading.

also headliners anounced kings of leon , the verve , not that bothered about jay z either but glastonbury isnt realy just about the music its like going on holiday to a weird mad max style city , thats the only way i can describe it anyway , ill be there again this year as allways as long as i get a ticket , i love it

Archived