Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muz

Top 3 Most Overate Players

I think Owen will struggle to break the 50 goals barrier to be honest. In the last year or two his goals to games ratio has dropped markedly and I can't remember off the top of my head when the last time he scored 2 or more goals in a game was. Even if he does become England's top scorer it will only be because he will have played more games than his main rivals.

As for MON's comments about Terry being overrated, what a joke.

i think if you want someone who scored goals almost every game tehn greaves but i think shearer and lineker would play well together

83950[/snapback]

yeah id agree wiv that

I think Owen will struggle to break the 50 goals barrier to be honest. In the last year or two his goals to games ratio has dropped markedly and I can't remember off the top of my head when the last time he scored 2 or more goals in a game was. Even if he does become England's top scorer it will only be because he will have played more games than his main rivals.

As for MON's comments about Terry being overrated, what a joke.

83946[/snapback]

as far as i can find the only time he got two for England was 11 Jun 2003 vs Slovakia and his only hat-trick was 1 September 2001 vs Germany which is a bit suprising. As for Paul Robinson, can you think of anyone better?

I make it clear, Terry is a great Centreback but he is not in the class of maldini, Nesta, Thuram and Ferdinand etc. The british press hype him up too much, if he was that good other teams would be after him.

I make it clear, Terry is a great Centreback but he is not in the class of maldini, Nesta, Thuram and Ferdinand etc. The british press hype him up too much, if he was that good other teams would be after him.

84010[/snapback]

Maybe because they wouldn't satand a chance of getting him because of the money at Chelsea and he is Chelsea through and through. Ferdinand is hyped up more than Terry! And weren't Barca after Terry at one point? :rolleyes:

84010[/snapback]

Maybe because they wouldn't satand a chance of getting him because of the money at Chelsea and he is Chelsea through and through. Ferdinand is hyped up more than Terry! And weren't Barca after Terry at one point? :rolleyes:

84013[/snapback]

Ferdinand is no longer hyped up as much. terry is however. Both are good players, but Ferdinand is the better.

Guest Daniel

84010[/snapback]

84013[/snapback]

Ferdinand is no longer hyped up as much. terry is however. Both are good players, but Ferdinand is the better.

84015[/snapback]

The Gag is back with even more bullshit than ever.

You make me chuckle...

Addicted and you know it. ;)

84010[/snapback]

84013[/snapback]

84015[/snapback]

Opinions mate.

Home P W D L F A Pts

Chelsea 30 24 5 1 58 10 77

P W D L F A Pts

Man Utd 30 19 9 2 48 17 66

But I think I have proved there that Chelsea have let less goals. That must be down to the Chelsea defence who Terry is the main man in and also captain. But Uniteds has let in more goals with Rio in.

Yes, Rio missed 6 matches where United conceded 6 goals, but that is still 1 more goal than Chelsea have.

i cant believe terry and rio are being compared!

sorry, but terry is not in the same league as rio ferdinand.

what if ac milan have conceded more than chelsea, does that mean john terry is better than nesta :blink: ?

errrrrrrr

84674[/snapback]

finally someone who talks sense. It seems that some people on this board will disagree just because of person who is making the point.

i cant believe terry and rio are being compared!

sorry, but terry is not in the same league as rio ferdinand.

what if ac milan have conceded more than chelsea, does that mean john terry is better than nesta :blink: ?

errrrrrrr

84674[/snapback]

finally someone who talks sense. It seems that some people on this board will disagree just because of person who is making the point.

84699[/snapback]

It's very much a matter of opinion. Rio and Terry are very different centerbacks. Terry sticks to his task well, hardly puts a foot wrong and get's his fair share of goals from set pieces. He's been red hot this season, whereas Rio's ban made him stutter... they're both top quality centerbacks but at the moment I would say Terry shades it. He's definitely better than Campbell...

Nesta is a great centerback, but unlike Terry and Rio he offers little going forward, and you'll find that he needs a great backline and keeper as backup before he shines... having said that, when has Nesta ever not been in a worldclass defense? Last time I saw Nesta play for the national team though (Euro 2004) he was far from the flawless centerback against Denmark and Sweden ;)

and ferdinand hardly puts a foot wrong and he's come back from his ban even better

i think it was alex ferguson who said referring to rio ''even when he makes a mistake it looks good ;) ''

i agree, terry and ferdinand for me all the time even when campbell is fit

i'd have woodgate when on form and fit instead of terry

just my opinion :)

and ferdinand hardly puts a foot wrong and he's come back from his ban even better

i think it was alex ferguson who said referring to rio ''even when he makes a mistake it looks good ;) ''

just my opinion  :)

84810[/snapback]

woodgate hasn't been fit AND on form for about 2 years. if he had been fit for the last 3 years he would be right with the others, but i can't see him ever geting back in the frame now, as he is below King in the pecking order too.

84810[/snapback]

woodgate hasn't been fit AND on form for about 2 years. if he had been fit for the last 3 years he would be right with the others, but i can't see him ever geting back in the frame now, as he is below King in the pecking order too.

84822[/snapback]

Cambell is better then Terry when on form. Woodgate and Terry are about the same.

84810[/snapback]

84822[/snapback]

Cambell is better then Terry when on form. Woodgate and Terry are about the same.

85018[/snapback]

never in a million years

84810[/snapback]

84822[/snapback]

85018[/snapback]

Terry is undoubtedly one of the top 3 centre backs in England whereas Woodgate is as frail as my granny. he played about 25 games in 2 years at Newcastle and a grand total of 0 for Real. i don't argue that he would be up there challenging for an England place if he could stay fit but at the minute comparing Jonathon Woodgate to John Terry is like comparing you or I to John Terry.

84810[/snapback]

84822[/snapback]

85018[/snapback]

Are you serious!? Terry is the best England center back at the moment. Campbell has done naff all but that could be due to injuries but even when he is on form he's not as good as Terry.

84810[/snapback]

84822[/snapback]

85018[/snapback]

Are you serious!? Terry is the best England center back at the moment. Campbell has done naff all but that could be due to injuries but even when he is on form he's not as good as Terry.

87587[/snapback]

Rio Ferdinand is. Terry is good, but overrated.

Archived