Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Katy

Beckham Booking!

serves him right, idiot

he knows the rules

85263[/snapback]

If the booking was for only having 1 boot on then i didn't know that was in the rules :blink: But they said it might have been for him coming back onto the pitch before being given permission

serves him right, idiot

he knows the rules

85263[/snapback]

If the booking was for only having 1 boot on then i didn't know that was in the rules :blink: But they said it might have been for him coming back onto the pitch before being given permission

85387[/snapback]

You're not allowed to participate in the game if you don't have both boots on... he should've gone off the pitch and put his boot on instead of kicking the ball. Pretty stupid and embarrassing booking if you ask me, but we all know Beckham isn't the second Einstein :rolleyes:

I missed the game through training, but from reading this thread I can just imagine 'brains' Beckham pulling a stunt like this. What a muppet.

serves him right, idiot

he knows the rules

85263[/snapback]

85387[/snapback]

is it not a law for EVERY sport?

i haven't a clue of football rules and regulations but i'm almost sure somewhere it will mention a complete set of proper kit

think if beckham got on the end of a few studs, who'd be up for court etc

its health and safety and the right decision by the officials

Law 4 - The Players Equipment

Laws of the Game - The Players Equipment

Safety

A player must not use equipment or wear anything which is dangerous to himself or another player (including any kind of jewellery).

Basic equipment

The basic compulsory equipment of a player is:

* a jersey or shirt

* shorts - if thermal undershorts are worn, they are of the same main colour as the shorts

* stockings

* shinguards

* footwear

Infringements/Sanctions

A player who has been required to leave the field of play because of an infringement of this Law and who enters (or re-enters) the field of play without the referee’s permission is cautioned and shown the yellow card.

always back up what you say :ph34r:

so either way, whether he had permission or not he shouldn't have been on the pitch ;)

Safety

A player must not use equipment or wear anything which is dangerous to himself or another player (including any kind of jewellery).

Basic equipment

* a jersey or shirt

* shorts - if thermal undershorts are worn, they are of the same main colour as the shorts

* stockings

* shinguards

* footwear

Infringements/Sanctions

A player who has been required to leave the field of play because of an infringement of this Law and who enters (or re-enters) the field of play without the referee’s permission is cautioned and shown the yellow card.

so either way, whether he had permission or not he shouldn't have been on the pitch ;)

85521[/snapback]

so how come everytime a player loses a boot in a tackle, but carries on trying to win the ball, he/she doesn't get booked?

and is it a red card for losing two boots?

its so pissing stuipid getting a card for that when some career ending tackles go unpunished or only merit a free kick

i know its the 'law' but the law sucks :mad::rolleyes:

i don't think it's a stupid law cus like i say

what if beckham came on and got studded on the foot leading to breaking or whatever damage

who would you blame? (beckham obviously but that wouldn't happen) the agy player would be left with guilt - beckhams club suffers - everything

he's an idiot face it, its the same with all sports, you can't race in a F1 race with your helmet off for a lap just because its a bit tight...........

i agree with the career ending tackle argument though, for me i would think a new thing, either a sin bin or another card system i.e. green card, be introduced to help stratify the sincerity of offences. at the moment too much range is allowed for a yellowcard - steming from silly things like stepping infront of a ball for a free kick to such tackles that u mention stez

Safety

Basic equipment

* a jersey or shirt

* stockings

* shinguards

* footwear

Infringements/Sanctions

85521[/snapback]

so how come everytime a player loses a boot in a tackle, but carries on trying to win the ball, he/she doesn't get booked?

and is it a red card for losing two boots?

its so pissing stuipid getting a card for that when some career ending tackles go unpunished or only merit a free kick

i know its the 'law' but the law sucks :mad::rolleyes:

85533[/snapback]

it is in the laws of the game but it was a daft thing to give a yellow card for. i take the arguement about safety but surely Beckham was putting himself at a disadvantage by not wearing boots. as stez said do you get sent off if you lose your boot twice or if your boot comes off and you are wearing black thermal undershorts under your dark blue shorts? i just think its all a bit ridiculous.

Archived