Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Anish

Bollocks...

To top off a fooking shit day, I just got a parking ticket after parking at Morrisons for the LCFC-Wolves game. I had to get to work for the turnstiles at 5.45pm and at that time there was far too much traffic to park in my usual spot (Victoria Park Road), and I was running a bit late too.

So I parked at Morrisons knowing full well that it was a bit risky with their security people monitoring the car park. I read the signs about only using the car park for shopping with the penalties being either a clamping or a £50 fine - but I thought I'd risk it and take the chance.

After coming back from the game I found the parking notice on my windscreen - I now have to pay a fine of £50 (or £25 if I pay within 2 weeks) or they will start court proceedings. I am well pissed off too - I don't normally park there but due to circumstances did today. I even went into the supermarket and bought some food. I vow not to park or shop at Morrisons for the foreseeable future (I know I'm at fault but they are still wankers).

I also noticed that there were a lot of other cars parked illegally in the car park after the game - some had similar notices to mine, others didn't. Have any of you experienced this, and if so what did you do? What you recommend paying the fine straight up and saving £25 or make them take me to court (and hopefully not bothering)??

Dilemmas...

To top off a fooking shit day, I just got a parking ticket after parking at Morrisons for the LCFC-Wolves game. I had to get to work for the turnstiles at 5.45pm and at that time there was far too much traffic to park in my usual spot (Victoria Park Road), and I was running a bit late too.

So I parked at Morrisons knowing full well that it was a bit risky with their security people monitoring the car park. I read the signs about only using the car park for shopping with the penalties being either a clamping or a £50 fine - but I thought I'd risk it and take the chance.

After coming back from the game I found the parking notice on my windscreen - I now have to pay a fine of £50 (or £25 if I pay within 2 weeks) or they will start court proceedings. I am well pissed off too - I don't normally park there but due to circumstances did today. I even went into the supermarket and bought some food. I vow not to park or shop at Morrisons for the foreseeable future (I know I'm at fault but they are still wankers).

I also noticed that there were a lot of other cars parked illegally in the car park after the game - some had similar notices to mine, others didn't. Have any of you experienced this, and if so what did you do? What you recommend paying the fine straight up and saving £25 or make them take me to court (and hopefully not bothering)??

Dilemmas...

88152[/snapback]

I like that bit I've stuck in bold :D

I'd recommend paying straight up, people can get arsey about these things.

My mate had to pay a £10 fine on the train, and he paid straight to one of the ticket dudes on the train and Central Trains didn't get notified or anything, and he kept getting letters saying he owed £40 for not paying quickly and they set a court date and stuff until eventually they managed to track down the ticket guy he paid and apologised.

Same situation with one of the OS regulars on Saturday

The best(?) advice offered was:

Who is the ticket from though?

If it's someone like Europarks just ignore it! it costs them more to take you to court for the money and the only people who can officially give you a ticket are Traffic Wardens and police!!

of course if you don't pay it and they do take you to court then don't blame me!! lol

Same situation with one of the OS regulars on Saturday

The best(?) advice offered was:

Who is the ticket from though?

If it's someone like Europarks just ignore it! it costs them more to take you to court for the money and the only people who can officially give you a ticket are Traffic Wardens and police!!

of course if you don't pay it and they do take you to court then don't blame me!! lol

88167[/snapback]

Thanks for that advice - the ticket is from CP Plus Limited (who???) - I really don't know whether to pay them or not. I don't want to give the bastards an easy £25 for such a minor offence, but I don't want to risk paying the whole £50 either if they take this to court.

What did the OS regular do in this situation?

Thanks for that advice - the ticket is from CP Plus Limited (who???) - I really don't know whether to pay them or not. I don't want to give the bastards an easy £25 for such a minor offence, but I don't want to risk paying the whole £50 either if they take this to court.

88177[/snapback]

The OS situation was only 4 days ago - so I don't know which course of action they took - Or what was the outcome

Just a thought - You mentioned that you did buy some stuff at Morrisons - Might be worth checking the wording of the Shoppers only notice - You could maybe use your receipt to prove you parked legitimately???

88177[/snapback]

The OS situation was only 4 days ago - so I don't know which course of action they took - Or what was the outcome

Just a thought - You mentioned that you did buy some stuff at Morrisons - Might be worth checking the wording of the Shoppers only notice - You could maybe use your receipt to prove you parked legitimately???

88189[/snapback]

Might be like my local Tescos where there's a 2 hour limit as well.

88177[/snapback]

88189[/snapback]

Might be like my local Tescos where there's a 2 hour limit as well.

88194[/snapback]

Yep, the parking ticket says I exceeded the free maximum stay time, which I admittedly did. I think I will just pay up and get on with it, at least it will only be £25. Life's a bitch eh. :(

I just park in the cinema/nandos carpark now.  If you don't wear colours they just wave you through.

88266[/snapback]

Just tell them you're off to play Bingo!

as you brought food, how can they say you weren't in the shop?

88416[/snapback]

Yep, the parking ticket says I exceeded the free maximum stay time, which I admittedly did. I think I will just pay up and get on with it, at least it will only be £25. Life's a bitch eh.  :(

88196[/snapback]

Archived