Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Ebay Thread

13 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

you get to meet me IRL too which is obviously a little bonus for you 

You might have more interest if you suggest they can leave the money in a bin on Victoria park.

On 26/06/2018 at 16:45, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I've been buying Roman coins and antiquities since 1978, and have around one thousand seven hundred coins, and some two hundred and fifty antiquities.

I have used my hobby as an investment

Now that I am getting old, I keep thinking I should start selling, but should I use eBay?

Only just saw this......

Ebay is great in terms of maximising your profit (you will make more on ebay than selling at auction or to a dealer) but it comes with its drawbacks (effort, time, posting, risk of loss/scamming).  You would have to weigh up whether you wanted to list on ebay and go for maximum gains or just hand them all into an auction house or dealer and take the work/risk away but settle for slightly less money.

However, I strongly agree with Buce's comments, you should have them valued before you do anything else (and be prepared to receive a valuation that is lower than you think, sometimes items do do hold the value we believe them to). 

I used to work for an auction house.  I speicalised in watches and jewellery but have rudimentary knowledge of clocks, coins, silver, general antiques, etc, so I could probably give you a rough estimate on value.  If you do decide to do anything with them let me know as I may be able to advise.

Cheers

X

Edited by RumbleFox