Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Ebay Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does this sound a little suspicious to anyone?

I've sold a camera on Ebay, I stated delivery costs, and didn't mention local pick up.

The winning bidder, after winning the auction, said they wanted to come pick the camera up as they live in Leicester. Since I've just moved to Torquay that wasn't possible, I just hadn't updated my ebay account so it said I was in Leicester.

They started to get a little pissy about paying for postage but now I've gotten them to agree to pay, it turns out they live in Surrey?!?

What's that about?

Edited by Uncle Phil
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was just looking through Ebay and found it mildly funny that someone in HongKong has listed a load of merchandise for HMS Illustrious but which is actually an Italian aircraft carrier, guess someone made a bit of a balls up making this stuff and they are just hoping peeps will buy it before they find out its not exactly as said on the tin lol

Edited by ithuriel

• 2 weeks later...

Eye opening account of what can happen when selling high value goods on eBay. I assume the same situation could easily arise here in the U.K. and isn't specific to the U.S.

http://codenerdz.com...al-think-again/

I had a similar episode earlier this year with a "not as described" chargeback. I was shocked how crap ebay and paypal were in sorting it. I will *never* touch ebay with a barge pole again.

Not yet sold anything on there but reading this i doubt i'd sell anything decent, not yet had any trouble whilst buying apart from on Play.com where some anus tried selling me a cheap item over what he advertised, i went ballistic and sent Play.com an e-mail and a savage rating which had the guy begging me to remove my rating and cash returned.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Get yourself a piece of gen-u-ine piece of world history. Keep this for a few years and just watch it rocket in value. You could be the future Antiques Roadshow record holder for the most valuable item with this bad boy.....

http://item.mobilewe...nid=42217860781

I recently got one of these after changing my insurance...........not because I wanted one, but because it was free. I don't want it & was wondering what to do with it?

It will be on eBay by the end of today!!