Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Ebay Thread

I laughed and then saw '13 bids' :o

Me too, I had forgotten that I pu it on there until I was woken up earlier by an email from eBay about zero fees this weekend.

I checked it thinking that nobody would have bidded (isthat even a word?) on it but what can you do? Some people will buy anything!

Edited by blue-army-andy

Me too, I had forgotten that I pu it on there until I was woken up earlier by an email from eBay about zero fees this weekend.

I checked it thinking that nobody would have bidded (isthat even a word?) on it but what can you do? Some people will buy anything!

I just hope I win.

simples.

My wife liked those silly meerkats. I looked on Ebay last year thinking I could pick one up for a couple of quid. Amazed at the prices they were going for.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there anyway to see on e.bay what items have sold for in the past, I'm having a clear out and I don't know if it is worth putting some stuff on e.bay, so I would like to see what similar items sold for.

On the options on the left, click "More refinements" > "Show only" > "Completed listings"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok so I've just sold some things on eBay, my first time, and I've not received any feedback, they were sent first class on Saturday so they should have arrived, I sent them a message when I sent the goods. Is this normal? I've not given feedback yet as I was waiting for confirmation they had received them and they were happy with the goods. As it is my first time selling I have 0 feedback and wouldn't mind getting my positive feedback up.

Ok so I've just sold some things on eBay, my first time, and I've not received any feedback, they were sent first class on Saturday so they should have arrived, I sent them a message when I sent the goods. Is this normal? I've not given feedback yet as I was waiting for confirmation they had received them and they were happy with the goods. As it is my first time selling I have 0 feedback and wouldn't mind getting my positive feedback up.

Yeah it's pretty normal. Just send a quick message to them asking if they received the goods ok and if they're happy with the transaction to leave you some positive feedback and you'll do likewise. Just make it sound casual and to let them know if there's any problems to drop you a line. Feedback stand-offs seem par the course on eBay sometimes but then some people just forget to leave feedback.

it's not unusual for feedback to take a few weeks or so . most people wait until they've got a few things to feedback on .

i've sometimes waited about a month before i've bothered and then do about 20 :D  

• 4 weeks later...

So another ebay question, someone has bought something off me, 2 days ago and still not paid, what should I do?

Contact him, it didn't really go for much so I'd probably prefer it if he didn't pay and try again.

Give him negative feedback, can he still give me feedback

How can I cancel it then re-list it?

So another ebay question, someone has bought something off me, 2 days ago and still not paid, what should I do?

Contact him, it didn't really go for much so I'd probably prefer it if he didn't pay and try again.

Give him negative feedback, can he still give me feedback

How can I cancel it then re-list it?

Hmmmmm that's a tricky one. You could wait it out and then report it as unpaid. There's usually a date mentioned somewhere from which you can report it. Then you get your listing fee credited back and can relist. I wouldn't go for the feedback route, if you manage to get it reported as unpaid they'll get a strike against their record anyway. I have a feeling you have to wait a week until you can report it though.

Edited by 21st Century Fox

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...