Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

The Wii sucks balls

Where's Phube?

:ph34r:

Wait... what... a New forum :o

I would actually say the opposite - the 360 and ps3 are next gen because they have the graphics etc... and the wii isnt because it doesnt.

It's a gimmick - and Nintendo have done very well out of it. They've gone for a target audience that has never really been 'tapped' before and they've done that. But some people like me, would prefer not to play a game, waving a stick about, which in actual fact, is nothing like the real game i.e the tennis.

Yes you can say they dont use controllers in war's etc... but thats been the console way for years, and its the best way. End of story.

One thing i would like to see would be the amount of hours that a Wii get's used in its lifetime, something like that which you could compare to a 360 and PS3. I bet it wouldnt even be a quarter of the 360 or PS3. Thats why they never break!

I lol at your theories!!

The wii compared to a ps3\xbox 360 is like a old women with pierced nipples compared with a young sexy, fit women. Once you get bored with playing with the pierced nipples (gimmick), she's just on old women, past her time but the but the other one, maybe more expensive and require more expensive toys but the fun will be there for years to come!!!!

Fantastic analogy Singh! Bravo sir lol

Wait... what... a New forum :o

I lol at your theories!!

Which bit exactly?

The bit about how much they get used?

The thing is phube, i can give an un-biased opinion on consoles, because i'm not a fanboy. If Nintendo sold a steaming pile of shit with a Nintendo logo on it, you'd probably buy it, and hark about how its the best, most nicest smelling pile of shit you've ever bought.

I've had a Sega Saturn, PS2 and now 360, (and a Wii) so it's clear that i'm willing to give anything a go. And i just dont find the Wii an attractive proposition as a games console, which has been shown by how much i've used it. Thats my honest opinion, i have nothing against the Wii, but it's just not for me, and what i meant with the how much the consoles get used bit, was that i think the Wii gets used a few times, then gets put away reserved only for parties and the like (unless you're a hardcore Wii lover like you Phube), whereas the 360 and PS3 are made more for the hardcore gamer, who go on consoles a lot more. Thats why i dont think console sales alone are enough to judge the popularity of a console.

I know what i mean anyway. lol

Fantastic analogy Singh! Bravo sir lol

Which bit exactly?

The bit about how much they get used?

The thing is phube, i can give an un-biased opinion on consoles, because i'm not a fanboy. If Nintendo sold a steaming pile of shit with a Nintendo logo on it, you'd probably buy it, and hark about how its the best, most nicest smelling pile of shit you've ever bought.

I've had a Sega Saturn, PS2 and now 360, (and a Wii) so it's clear that i'm willing to give anything a go. And i just dont find the Wii an attractive proposition as a games console, which has been shown by how much i've used it. Thats my honest opinion, i have nothing against the Wii, but it's just not for me, and what i meant with the how much the consoles get used bit, was that i think the Wii gets used a few times, then gets put away reserved only for parties and the like (unless you're a hardcore Wii lover like you Phube), whereas the 360 and PS3 are made more for the hardcore gamer, who go on consoles a lot more. Thats why i dont think console sales alone are enough to judge the popularity of a console.

I know what i mean anyway. lol

This is the problem. Although some games are quite "quirky", most of them lack any kind of depth of gameplay to warrant going back for more on a regular basis.

COD4, MGS4, GTA4, Tiger Woods 09, you name it, it's all hardcore. Wii ain't. The gimmick won't last forever.

Being a Pro Tennis player who has just won Wimbledon. I can comfirm Wii Tennis couldn't be more unrealstic. You have to swing the remote downwards to get top spin and that couldn't be anymore wrong.

In the defense of it I still enjoy giving the Wii a wurl once a week down the missus's. Galaxy and Mario Kart were alright, Wii Fit is alright for a laugh if not always amazing at doing it's job. Wii Sports was alright for a bit but as said gets boring as is nothing more than a beta test game really.

:o:P

Shit.

My housemate bought one and I (like many others it would seem) jumped on the novelty bandwagon and was soon having a whale of a time playing Wii Tennis. Then we realised that was basic and shit so we bought Mario Kart and Mario & Sonic Olympics. Didn't last long before we got bored of them too.

My housemate now prefers to spend time with his girlfriend than play on his Wii.

See, we were thinking of buying one as a house. The only time I ever really play my PS2 is playing Pro Evo against my housemates so it made sense to just get a console we could all have a go on. Plus I love Nintendo games :blush:

My two kid brothers play on it a lot and I sometimes join in but its too easy to lose interest after a hour or two as I get tired of pointing a stick at screen all time and waving around and all that

House of Dead 2 and 3 combined is class though :D

Archived