Fox You Forest Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 Wasn't as bad as the Colchester 0-0 a few seasons back but it was up there close. Just knew something would happen to Frank. Tunchev gets an award for the most cynical foul ever!
Munzie Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 Just got back from the match and can't be bothered to rate the players as they couldn't be bothered to play. Points to note; Henderson should be rewared a first team start. Not just for his penalty heroics but for the confidence he showed and his communication with the back four (something that Martin doesn't display). Andy King still has a lot to learn and is not ready to warrant a consistant place each week. (I'm not trying to cause any further Andy King threads/debates, just stating my opinion). Pearson made his first tactical mistake. Replacing Howard with Craig King (who was as non-existant as big Steve), when the game was still all square was extremely risky and did not pay off. Where was DJ or Dickov? If not injured they could both do with a confidence/fitness boosting start.
lildave3 Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 Very dull, but I don't care. We went through. Fryatt once again showed his finishing abilities though.
Sods Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 Just got back. That was certainley worth it <_< My word that was Dull, nobody really stood out. Only goodness was that Berners good enough. One thing that did make me laugh was the people in front of me that left after 87 minutes! Okay it was shit, but come on. You might as well stay and watch the penos. Blimey some people. Anyway I swear I saw a Conga going on at the other side of the West Stand. And as for Lincoln fans, nobody stood up, didnt hear them sing. On their big game away!
lavrentis Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 Well that was the loudest I ever heard the family stand.
lildave3 Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 Well that was the loudest I ever heard the family stand. The family stand was empty, which says alot.
Munzie Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 Well that was the loudest I ever heard the family stand. :laugh:
DBEightyFive Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 I haven't been so bored at a football match for a long long time. Absolutely terrible and it was laughable in the end.
lifted*fox Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 well... that was pretty terrible to watch. thought there were some poor tactical decisions. why was Hendo captain? he's not started recently, and I will never understand how he can direct the flow of play and keep control from his posistion. having our goalkeeper as a captain isn't a great choice imo. he did however make some great penalty saves, which won it for us. we looked dodgy at the back. everyone resorted to hoofing it to either Howard or Gradel once he came on. our passing was poor. for the time Dyer was on, we kept on passing it to him, but he was marked well on that side, but the other side was left well open. the players stood around like statues for the most part, not getting into space on the attack. the shots we actually made the effort to take weren't on target. for the best part, Lincoln looked better on the attack. I think they will go home dissapointed not just to have lost, but to have seen such poor football from a Leicester side they expected a show from. when the fans mexican wave and songs between the 'left side' and the 'right side' become more entertaining than the football... something isn't quite right . still, we won, which is great, but we'll need to play better than that in the next round. i'm not one to moan (normally), but tonight really was boring. at least we got to drive back to Northampton with a win. let's hope the game against Hartlepool on Saturday is more entertaining.
lcfc_jme Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 Before I forget: Big Frank. What a legend.
Sods Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 Before I forget: Big Frank. What a legend. Had Dyer in his back pocket tonight. Did everyone know he was going to miss, I wondered what the fook is he doing near a penalty. I love Frank.
Teeno Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 when the fans mexican wave and songs between the 'left side' and the 'right side' become more entertaining than the football...something isn't quite right . You being serious, that just made the night even worse for me. I wanted to throttle half the little barstools.
lcfc_jme Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 Had Dyer in his back pocket tonight.Did everyone know he was going to miss, I wondered what the fook is he doing near a penalty. I love Frank. I love Frank as well. Made up for his lack of own goal scoring with a delightful penalty miss. The guy is superb value for money, and I would have gone had I actually remembered he was playing today.
Bert Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 Had Dyer in his back pocket tonight.Did everyone know he was going to miss, I wondered what the fook is he doing near a penalty. I love Frank. Maybes called it. "he's put it over" I think Hendo should start on Saturday. He's as good as Martin, his kicking is a lot better, and I could hear him talking all night long to the defence.
lifted*fox Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 You being serious, that just made the night even worse for me. I wanted to throttle half the little barstools. I thought it was a little bit of humour in a fairly boring match. At least they were enjoying themselves? And getting the Lincoln lot & the stewards to start the wave... lolz. Just a bit of fun eh. However, i'd rather have been watching an entertaining game of football!
Porky Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 Pretty dire, I agree. I didn't really enjoy the game at all, and spent most of it talking to the friendly Indian chap next to me. We had plenty of the ball again, but just couldn't do anything with it apart from the chance at the end. In a way, it's a good job I only paid a fiver to get in; I think that's pretty much the maximum I personally would have paid for something as entertaining as that. On a side note, I think Henderson deserves a shout on Saturday. He didn't let us down tonight and made good saves from the penalties. Plus he can kick... "Hopefully an away tie next round please" I agree.
lcfc_jme Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 Maybes called it. "he's put it over" I think Hendo should start on Saturday. He's as good as Martin, his kicking is a lot better, and I could hear him talking all night long to the defence. Pretty dire, I agree. I didn't really enjoy the game at all, and spent most of it talking to the friendly Indian chap next to me. We had plenty of the ball again, but just couldn't do anything with it apart from the chance at the end. In a way, it's a good job I only paid a fiver to get in; I think that's pretty much the maximum I personally would have paid for something as entertaining as that.On a side note, I think Henderson deserves a shout on Saturday. He didn't let us down tonight and made good saves from the penalties. Plus he can kick... "Hopefully an away tie next round please" I agree. Lord almighty, Martin must be absolutely woeful at kicking the ball if people are saying this about Henderson. I remember the days when Henderson was absolutely slaughtered for his dreadful and predictable kicking abilities.
Bert Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 Lord almighty, Martin must be absolutely woeful at kicking the ball if people are saying this about Henderson. I remember the days when Henderson was absolutely slaughtered for his dreadful and predictable kicking abilities. If you'd have seen Lincoln's keepers kicking tonight. You'd think Martins kicking was Premiership class, and Hendo's was world class. But yes, Hendo's kicking is better than Martins (Not Obafemis btw). Hendo keeps the ball in the pitch.
Bert Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 A few action shots, taken from the OS. This one, was a cracking save.
lcfc_jme Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 If you'd have seen Lincoln's keepers kicking tonight. You'd think Martins kicking was Premiership class, and Hendo's was world class.But yes, Hendo's kicking is better than Martins (Not Obafemis btw). Hendo keeps the ball in the pitch. Ahh Lincoln's 'keeper. Was apparently very edgy and nervous? Commentators said all of his kicks seemed to fly out of play without travelling far? Apparently that's his first appearance for them as well. Not going to inspire much confidence, so it seems! I'd be worried if Hendo could kick better than Oba, to be honest. I'd wonder why we were wasting somebody with such power playing in goal. And I'd also wonder why he didn't perform multiple backflips after saving any penalties.
Porky Posted 23 September 2008 Posted 23 September 2008 If you'd have seen Lincoln's keepers kicking tonight. You'd think Martins kicking was Premiership class, and Hendo's was world class.But yes, Hendo's kicking is better than Martins (Not Obafemis btw). Hendo keeps the ball in the pitch. It's hard to believe there is actually someone worse than Martin out there!
Libertine Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 Hendo has always been great at saving penalties for us. Odd.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.