Ultra Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 Hendo has to start the next game. Simple as. Agreed.
Ultra Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 well... that was pretty terrible to watch. thought there were some poor tactical decisions. why was Hendo captain? he's not started recently, and I will never understand how he can direct the flow of play and keep control from his posistion. having our goalkeeper as a captain isn't a great choice imo. he did however make some great penalty saves, which won it for us. we looked dodgy at the back. everyone resorted to hoofing it to either Howard or Gradel once he came on. our passing was poor. for the time Dyer was on, we kept on passing it to him, but he was marked well on that side, but the other side was left well open. the players stood around like statues for the most part, not getting into space on the attack. the shots we actually made the effort to take weren't on target. for the best part, Lincoln looked better on the attack. I think they will go home dissapointed not just to have lost, but to have seen such poor football from a Leicester side they expected a show from. If Lincoln had shown some ambition instead of playing for the 0-0, they might well have nicked it. Strangely enough, we only started playing the last five minutes, after Gradel went off. If we'd had that level of commitment and urgency from the start. we'd have seen them off with ease. Two dire (and scoreless) home displays on the trot. Better hope it doesn't become three!
dandannieldanok Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 That was very disappointing, the admission price may as well have been just for the peno shootout because there wasn't much inspiration in the 90 minutes. Fair play to Lincoln though, completely snuffed us out.
Asha Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 That was very disappointing, the admission price may as well have been just for the peno shootout because there wasn't much inspiration in the 90 minutes. Fair play to Lincoln though, completely snuffed us out. Agreed, although King and Weso were pretty crap today. Sinclair was always going to miss the peno though Bring on Round 3.
Master Fox Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 I didn't even know we had a game? Difficult to follow these days. 0-0. Errrm, not bad.
Phube Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 I actually went to the game!!! Best moment: One bloke chanting "Stand Up, If you've got School tomorrow!"
Suffolk_fox Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 Just read BBC Match report. Ref from Rutland????? Can that be right?
Uncle Albert Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 Ow. Wish I went to the game now, I have never seen a live penalty shoot out. Well done Hendo. Who took our penalties?
The Stig Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 Ow. Wish I went to the game now, I have never seen a live penalty shoot out. Well done Hendo. Who took our penalties? Yes I never had up until last night. Actually made it worth going for me. Yes the game was crap last night, but me and a few mates went down and had a right laugh. I enjoyed the night so balls to the actual football. Our penalties were Craig King Matty Fryatt Andy King Weso Someone else. I think. I could be wrong.
Fez of Mahrez Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 Yes I never had up until last night. Actually made it worth going for me.Yes the game was crap last night, but me and a few mates went down and had a right laugh. I enjoyed the night so balls to the actual football. Our penalties were Craig King Matty Fryatt Andy King Weso Someone else. I think. I could be wrong. Berner scored Fryatt scored Andy King hit the post Weso scored We won 3-1
davieG Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 Yes I never had up until last night. Actually made it worth going for me.Yes the game was crap last night, but me and a few mates went down and had a right laugh. I enjoyed the night so balls to the actual football. Our penalties were Craig King Matty Fryatt Andy King Weso Someone else. I think. I could be wrong. The first one was Berner and King hit the post.
The Blur Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 The match was fairly ok. I was pleasantly surpised by the quality of Lincoln's team and pleased that I saw a live shoot out but nervethless a good night out with my mates The highlight was when it ended in full time me and my mates agreed to leave because we thought we would have extra time and we would miss our train so we make our way back into the lounge and suddenly my mate saw Hendo on the TV preparing for a pentaly and we was going "OMG GET BACK NOW" and ran back to our seats just in time for the first pentaly taker! Postivites was Berner's match fitness and Craig King's debut to get over and done with
Wycombe Fox Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 Didn't realise GOD was on the bench last night!!! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7626938.stm Leicester: Henderson, Hobbs, Tunchev, Morrison, Berner, Adams, Wesolowski, Andy King, Dyer (Gradel 57), Howard (Craig King 46), Fryatt, Gradel (Powell 89) Subs Not Used: Martin, O'Neill.
Kilworthfox Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 You must be a retard.why do you hate him so much? Did he snub you for an autograph? Or do you just not like austrailians? he had a great game tonight and still has kept a clean sheet in every 90 minutes he has played this season. did you even go tonight? Yes I am a retard, what of it? I did not go no I am not a "real" fan henderson is not good enough for this club end of. Thanks for your opinions, and insults
Munzie Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 Didn't realise GOD was on the bench last night!!! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7626938.stm Leicester: Henderson, Hobbs, Tunchev, Morrison, Berner, Adams, Wesolowski, Andy King, Dyer (Gradel 57), Howard (Craig King 46), Fryatt, Gradel (Powell 89) Subs Not Used: Martin, O'Neill. Also didn't realise that Scott Sinclair blasted their penalty over the bar I know they are a similar colour but that's where the comparisons end!!
maddog Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 Lets just win the JPT this season, get to Wembley in the final and enjoy it. Get promoted in League 1 and not play the JPT again for another 124 years. Simple
Corky Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 One of the worst games I have ever seen. . Bet it's one of those cup matches you'll never forget though.
JakeShingler Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 I actually went to the game!!! Best moment: One bloke chanting "Stand Up, If you've got School tomorrow!" Haha he was singing it to some lads behind me thay didnt no any of the songs or anything
Bert Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 Haha he was singing it to some lads behind me thay didnt no any of the songs or anything What did you say to him?
demon_dog Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 Lacklustre game, the players simply appeared to be going through the motions. (must be the iffy tummys ) For me Berner and Tunchev both played well. A top class save from Hendo from one of Lincoln's few shots. Some glaring misses from crappy Fryatt. Thankful that extra time doesn't get played, couldn't have watched another half hour of that shiite. Still hopefully it's onward and upward.
MC Prussian Posted 24 September 2008 Posted 24 September 2008 Look at the bright side. We didn't concede a single regular goal.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.