Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Is my PS3 fooked.

I was playing on it about 2, 3 hours ago it was fine, I come back now switch it on the screen with the classical music comes up with the white swirly lines behind it with "Sony Computer Entertainment" as it should, Then it freezes with just the white swirly lines hardly moving.

I have tried phoning the helpline but it isn't open (Didn't really expect it to be).

I have had a quick search on the internet for it, couldn't really find much.

Annoying thing is I think its out of warranty (What is it a year warranty?) best not cost much to send of and be fixed if thats the case.

Really not impressed with the PS3, Had a few problems with it online, e.t.c. Would be tempted by the Xbox, put simply don't like the controllers, e.t.c, and I like to stick with what i'm used to (Sony Playstation) but Playstation Online seems to be well behind the Xbox online play, I know the Xbox system itself has it's fair share of problems that has been made clear, but out of 4 people I know with Playstations (Me included) 2 have had problems, had to send it off and get a new one sent to them.

I was playing on it about 2, 3 hours ago it was fine, I come back now switch it on the screen with the classical music comes up with the white swirly lines behind it with "Sony Computer Entertainment" as it should, Then it freezes with just the white swirly lines hardly moving.

I have tried phoning the helpline but it isn't open (Didn't really expect it to be).

Annoying thing is I think its out of warranty (What is it a year warranty?) best not cost much to send of and be fixed if thats the case.

Really not impressed with the PS3, Had a few problems with it online, e.t.c. Would be tempted by the Xbox, put simply don't like the controllers, e.t.c, and I like to stick with what i'm used to (Sony Playstation) but Playstation Online seems to be well behind the Xbox online play, I know the Xbox system itself has it's fair share of problems that has been made clear, but out of 4 people I know with Playstations (Me included) 2 have had problems, had to send it off and get a new one sent to them.

Such as? They're a thing of the past, get a new one, and you'll have no problems whatsoever.

As for the controller, i thought i'd never get used to the 360 controller, but i did in no time and i now prefer it to a Playstation controller.

I think warranty is that if you have it, then any problems they'll fix for it for you free of charge. Not too sure.

I think warranty is that if you have it, then any problems they'll fix for it for you free of charge. Not too sure.

Yeah did abit of a search and found this - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth....html?p=8188783

It's claiming Sony will replace it, however old it is, providing the warranty sticker is still intact (Not sure what the warranty sticker is...I have serial number sticker on it, I'm hoping this is it), Although towards the end of the thread I have posted a link to it doesn't sound too good. I also read something about is £65 for a replacement should you need one, I don't want to pay it (Obviously) but if I have to it's not too bad I suppose.

Yeah did abit of a search and found this - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth....html?p=8188783

It's claiming Sony will replace it, however old it is, providing the warranty sticker is still intact (Not sure what the warranty sticker is...I have serial number sticker on it, I'm hoping this is it), Although towards the end of the thread I have posted a link to it doesn't sound too good. I also read something about is £65 for a replacement should you need one, I don't want to pay it (Obviously) but if I have to it's not too bad I suppose.

My mates PS3 broke, he sent it off to Sony, they replaced it with a brand new one within a few days.

Sorted. :cool:

Free, Replacement Playstation 3 on it's way :cool:

He said "Seeing as it's only a few months out of warranty we'll send you a replacement for free".

Best call centre ever aswell, Easy to talk to, Easy to understand, English people on the other end of the line. :thumbup:

The only bad part is i'll lose all my saved data from my games, But let's be honest, I hadn't done anything that good in any of my games. My online records will still be there I would imagine (Seeing as it would be saved on an online profile, Not on the Playstation)

I have just had a problem with mine.

I was playing Fifa and the Blue Ray Drive went.

I kept getting error messages.

I phoned Sony and they only asked for the serial number, they said I would have a new PS3 within days, true to there word I had it after two days, in exchange for the old one.

I hope you get it sorted.

I have just had a problem with mine.

I was playing Fifa and the Blue Ray Drive went.

I kept getting error messages.

I phoned Sony and they only asked for the serial number, they said I would have a new PS3 within days, true to there word I had it after two days, in exchange for the old one.

I hope you get it sorted.

Yeah they wanted the serial number of me, and said I will have my new one on Tuesday, They will bring it in a box I will take the new PS3 out the box, My bust PS3 in the box. Job done. Hope it runs as smooth as it sounds.

The blue ray drive going is quite common. Mine stopped loading games up the other week but still played dvd's for a few days until it went completely. A quick look on the ps website forum when it happened resulted in finding a thread about said problem which was a trillion pages long. Thankfully a 5 min call to a woman on the sony helpline and a replacement was sorted for me.

Archived