Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Lee Hughes

Premiership footballer Lee Hughes has been found guilty of causing death by dangerous driving.

The 28-year-old West Brom striker was convicted on Monday of causing the death of father-of-four Douglas Graham in Meriden, near Coventry, in November.

Mr Graham, 56, died after Hughes' £100,000 Mercedes car ploughed into the Renault in which he was a passenger.

Hughes, who had denied the charge, fled from the scene and did not turn himself into police for 36 hours.

Maximum sentance 14 years :o:o

Guest Guest
SOD%20-%20Hughes.jpg

Brilliant player and its a big shame whats happened.

My thoughs are with him, guilty or non guilty.

Hughes was leathered at the time, dear me.

Guest Daniel

I know he was leathered and i feel for th guy who died and his family but things like this happen and nobody wants it to, i just feel so bad that an amazing footballer like him has now ended his careerer in this way. :(

Guest Guest
I know he was leathered and i feel for th guy who died and his family but things like this happen and nobody wants it to, i just feel so bad that an amazing footballer like him has now ended his careerer in this way. :(

I know what you are saying, it does seem harsh as he will definately not have meant to do it. But then again a man has died and his father is paralysed and in a wheelchair, Hughes will be mortified what's happened but then again these things can happen when your driving extremely fast and pissed up.

Lessons to be learnt, although he'll never serve 6 years.

You never know he's 28 now he'll be out i 6 years that means he's 34 maybe we'll sign him!

That is the funniest thing in the world...

If Micky is here then it'll probably happen though, make it 4 years cause he wont serve 6 :rolleyes::o

I wonder if you would show so much empathy if Hughes had caused the death of somebody close to you.

Lee Hughes had been drinking heavily in a pub before inviting numerous people back to his house for some more. He then knowingly tried to drive home drunk whilst speeding.

Sounds to me like another unfortuante case of a Footballer earning too much money and having absolutely no respect for anybody or anything.

Guest Daniel

Yes but do you think that he went out to kill somebody?

Yes he was wrong, we all know that.

What if you knew somebody who had done what Hughes had, would you then look at it like i do?

Yes but do you think that he went out to kill somebody?

Yes he was wrong, we all know that.

What if you knew somebody who had done what Hughes had, would you then look at it like i do?

You can have no sympathy with a man who has ultimately ruined a whole family and network of friends lives... He may not have meant to do it, but he did. He deserves the punishment.

Guest Daniel

Yes he deserves his punishment and id ban him for driving for good.

But if he gets 6 years i think its alot.

He can do it again if they ban him for life.

Yes he deserves his punishment and id ban him for driving for good.

But if he gets 6 years i think its alot.

He can do it again if they ban him for life.

You have to be taking the piss... :angry:

Everyone sane or mental knows that drink driving is dangerous and that driving recklessly can kill.

He gets everything he deserves he legged it from the scene and turns up 36 hours later... I wonder why you would do one after a clearly bad smash?!?!!? Doesn't take a smart-ass to know the answer.

I hope he rots in jail and lives the rest of his life wallowing in regret and self loathing. He is an absolute scumbag.

Archived