Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcrinaldi

Techno Lollipops

Does the link work? :unsure:

The link doesn't work but if you copy the text into a browser that works.

-------------------------

Sorry mate but it's pretty bloody awful. I'm just going to be honest with you. It seems you're trying to mix two tracks on top of each other to create a new track. Nice idea in theory and an effect that is quite easily achieved with a couple of decks and a mixer but the tracks you have chosen just don't work. And it helps if they are played at the same bpm... :unsure:

The 1st track "Tied Down" is pretty much unlistenable as is "Seat Yourself". Does it sound wrong to you? If it doesn't then I suggest you have you have a serious problem with your hearing. The beats just don't match.

Try mixing a couple of house tunes together with a nice straightforward beat. Get used to beat matching and moving the bpm around. Then maybe have a go at hip hop and broken beats.

And the name... Techno Lollipops >_<

The link doesn't work but if you copy the text into a browser that works.

-------------------------

Sorry mate but it's pretty bloody awful. I'm just going to be honest with you. It seems you're trying to mix two tracks on top of each other to create a new track. Nice idea in theory and an effect that is quite easily achieved with a couple of decks and a mixer but the tracks you have chosen just don't work. And it helps if they are played at the same bpm... :unsure:

The 1st track "Tied Down" is pretty much unlistenable as is "Seat Yourself". Does it sound wrong to you? If it doesn't then I suggest you have you have a serious problem with your hearing. The beats just don't match.

Try mixing a couple of house tunes together with a nice straightforward beat. Get used to beat matching and moving the bpm around. Then maybe have a go at hip hop and broken beats.

And the name... Techno Lollipops >_<

I tend to agree with all that it's just isn't right by along way when the songs are just all wrong it just doesn't work it sounds like you are playing about 5 different youtube videos at the same time that just don't go together.

If you are talking mashup then you can't go wrong with getting a few ideas from someone like Girl Talk listen to something like Don't stop on there of how to mix about 12songs in the space of about 3minutes

it's pointless repeating what the others have said, but they are 100%correct...

i think you should also be aware that you are infringing on many licenscing issues by using non-original music, very blatantly...

constructively, i would add that may be you should try to get some instrumental or a capella tracks to work with, succesful mashups i find tend to not use whole songs, just tracking parts--- for example, check out HAlCali vs the beastie boys...

Fair enough guys, we are trying, we do have pretty poor software, does anyone know of any free decent software they could send our way or something, would be much appreciated.

there's plenty of 'free' software out there, but to be honest you really don't need anything more than cool edit pro or something to do an ok job, i mean it sounds like you have a few casette players and a mic at the moment :P

the software that will probably be most useful to you is a decent pitch shifter, that can speed up/slow down your tracks so you can synch, without making it sound like the smurfs or leonard cohen - but, most half decent sequencers come with that sort of thing...

one other thing i'd suggest, is think about the music you select, the stuff you did seems to use a lot of stuff that already samples other stuff, personally it is always nice to hear tracks that you don't expect will fit... i have an awesome version of barry white vs the beach boys, for example, and there was a good beatles vs beastie boys one somewhere.

Archived