Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

50 Cent - Hate It Or Love It (G-Unit remix)

Can't stand all this new artificially created and exploited "G-Unit" crap. Rap/HipHop was at a turning point somewhat in the mid-90ies and I tell you, all this Gangsta Rappin' is one huge merchandising machine:

- The videos look all the same (pimps and hoes, literally) :ermm:

- The lyrics are all about the same stuff (violence, imprisonment, fast cars, money and hoes) :blink:

- The rappers look all the same (naked chest, tattoos, gold chains and a face as cold as a mountain in the Swiss Alps):thumbdown:

The Rap Industry (that's what it is) makes an awful lot of money by selling T-Shirts, gold chains, watches, bags, shoes, insignia, posters, aso aso...

Music becomes only secondary. It's the "tough" image that counts.

Does anybody remember the time before that break? De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, the Beastie Boys ("Ill Communication"), LL Cool J, 2Pac? Back in a time when creativity flourished and innovative songs found their way into the charts. A time before "Tekkno" became so popular...:)

Ask the B-ball kids on the streets nowadays, and only a handful will know the names...

Still today, you have alternatives: K-OS, Ugly Duckling, The Roots, Buck 65 and many more...

Can't stand all this new "G-Unit" b u l l s h i t. Rap/HipHop was at a turning point somewhat in the mid-90ies and I tell you, all this Gangsta Rappin' is one huge merchandising machine:

- The videos look all the same (pimps and hoes, literally)

- The lyrics are all about the same stuff (violence, imprisonment, fast cars, money and hoes)

- The rappers look all the same (naked chest, tattoos, gold chains and a face as cold as a mountain in the Swiss Alps)

The Rap Industry (that's what it is) makes an awful lot of money by selling T-Shirts, gold chains, watches, bags, shoes, insignia, posters, aso aso...

Music becomes only secondary.

Does anybody remember the time before that break? De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, the Beastie Boys ("Ill Communication"), LL Cool J, 2Pac?

Still today, you have alternatives: K-OS, Ugly Duckling and many more...

95186[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of 50 Cent. Just think this is great, mainly due to the backing track. Still nothing to rival The Roots and Jurassic 5 in my eyes but definitely an improvement on his previous stuff. In my opinion, some people seem to look at an artist's fan base (in 50 Cent's case, mainly chavs) and decide that they are not going to bother with any of their material. Fair enough if you've heard this particular track and come to this conclusion but if you haven't, try to give it a listen because it's really not same old same old.

What a load of poo poo.

95305[/snapback]

lol <_<

I've listened to it, my sister downloaded it and I think it's shit. So I deleted it as it's my laptop  :frusty:  :thumbsup:

96574[/snapback]

Did you determine it as being poo poo too then?

I've listened to it, my sister downloaded it and I think it's shit. So I deleted it as it's my laptop  :frusty:  :thumbsup:

96574[/snapback]

96845[/snapback]

Mebbe :P

96574[/snapback]

96845[/snapback]

Mebbe :P

96858[/snapback]

:thumbup:

Archived